1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is everyone's collar on Qui-Gon? mine is not really in a good shape. When futzing his shirt, i noticed it was kind of teared on the inside. Almost as if there wasn't enough matter for it to be folded properly and stitched.

*Chef's kiss*

THAT's what I'm talking about when it comes to photo smoothing killing some of the shots. Those high quality ones speak for the sculpt quite a bit. Enough I nearly went and just ordered him.

Also I'd be curious to see that Boss Nass with a good repaint.

Edit: 2 hours later, I want you enablers all to know I hate you, and will enable you myself in the future as payback.

:lol:lol:lol

Folks on this forum are real b@st@rds that way - or I wouldn't own Hela and SSC Obiwan. :cool:

The more I look at this fig, the more I appreciate. Beautifully done and screams Star Wars (as I don't own much SW that's cool for me). Plus he may be kind of a sleeper fig but, if Qui-gon appears in the Obi-wan series folks will cry later that they didn't pick him up.

How is everyone's collar on Qui-Gon? mine is not really in a good shape. When futzing his shirt, i noticed it was kind of teared on the inside. Almost as if there wasn't enough matter for it to be folded properly and stitched.

Mine looks great. For me it's been very rare, but HT occasionally has a stitching problem. I had to replace an IW Bucky jacket that was messily stitched in the back.

U could tamp down any fraying with fabric glue and a toothpick, or that liquid hem stuff. Use wax paper to protect fig.

Edit:
More cell shots...but for me officially - this is a great fig. I wish they had more hands and all that, but he's a pleasure to work with. Shame the light up can't be used all the time, it's a great effect.

qu1.jpg

qu2.jpg

qu4.jpg

jedi2.jpg

Qui-Gon needs the professionals taking pictures:cool: but really glad I picked him up:rock2

Mine looks great. For me it's been very rare, but HT occasionally has a stitching problem. I had to replace an IW Bucky jacket that was messily stitched in the back.

U could tamp down any fraying with fabric glue and a toothpick, or that liquid hem stuff. Use wax paper to protect fig.

Yep. Actually did use glue to make a quick fix. Kind of worried it won't stand the test of time though.

Great shots Matrix--did you add white streaks to his hair at the scalp line?

I am very happy with the sculpt on this, yeah it's not perfect, but you can tell from your shots that the detail is there. Qui-Gon, Cody and Solo: Maul have put out some really nice detail on their headsculpts.

I am very happy with the sculpt on this, yeah it's not perfect, but you can tell from your shots that the detail is there. Qui-Gon, Cody and Solo: Maul have put out some really nice detail on their headsculpts.

Personally I am happy with the costume quality as well. Nice stitching, wired robe hood and poncho, robe with lined sleeves, belt details, enough accessories. Nothing feels cheap - thought the pleather boots might look bad, but they don't. Worst thing I can say is the limited head articulation.

I'll try the brush-off for that mark...it's the only blip on what is otherwise a great paint app on the portrait. I have the head seam too, but it's not as bad as some other shots earlier in the thread made it appear. Still, a little sloppy there, HT.

The robe nap sheds a tiny bit - I had a few more "suede dots" here and there. It's just tiny bits of robe fuzz. At least on mine.

Cool shots, Sassafras! Love the one with Mythos Kenobi.

(that black mark on the face did rub off....thanks for the tip, looks great!)

Cool shots, Sassafras! Love the one with Mythos Kenobi.

(that black mark on the face did rub off....thanks for the tip, looks great!)

Thanx!:) I figure even low res shots can give an idea about a fig - and Qui-gon is great to work with. I don't have much SW yet - but at least can put the Jedi masters together. I definitely need a Yoda at some point.

Glad the "dot" brushed off! I had a few on the tunic too from the robe. Right now I can't decide how I want to display - robe, poncho etc

Thanks for the compliments everyone:)

Yes it would be interesting to see that Hasbro Nass get a good repaint by one of the talented customizers in here. It's not a bad figure except for the garish paint.

Matrix...how hard was the arm swap out? The lit Saber looks good!
Not hard at all...the wide sleeve on the tunic helps to make it a whole lot easier to swap them out.

I didn't add anything...that's how it looked straight out of the box.

Thanks for the compliments everyone:)

I didn't add anything...that's how it looked straight out of the box.

Far as I can tell, the gray wash in my sculpt is less - more at the temples - but maybe a good camera picks up what I can't see that close up. The paint to me seems so softly done ( a good thing) e.g. there are no harsh lines so it's hard to tell.

I keep my shelves pretty shadowed/indirect light so in my case more or less gray won't make a difference.

I love these two together...My favourite characters from the PT...

More great shots!:clap

Got mine in. I still think the sculpt is fantastic. Do I need to wash the robe? Wasn't sure if it would bleed onto the tunic

Back