1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head restriction hasn't bothered me as much as i thought it would. You can get some movement...just be careful when turning that the hair doesn't rub against the neck and damage it.

All i need now is a couple of Battle droids for him to strike down:)

Yeah, that was kind of the look I was going for, but didn't want to force the head more than it seemed to want to go. Still think he's a great figure

Qui-Gon arrived finally, and from certain points of view, it looks stellar.

QuiGon.jpg

Head restriction hasn't bothered me as much as i thought it would. You can get some movement...just be careful when turning that the hair doesn't rub against the neck and damage it.

All i need now is a couple of Battle droids for him to strike down:)

Nice pics!

I picked up a couple of the 1990s HASBRO droids to use as background accessories - waiting on R2-A6. Just to add some SW atmosphere. IMO Hasbro did a nice job with the 1/6 droids, which can be repainted/distressed etc. Didn't feel like spending a lot for upscale older HT droids and background figs.

70F753C9-CB68-4595-8D2C-7CF677D643E8.jpeg

My Qui-Gon arrived from Planet Action Figures... spent yesterday rinsing out the cloak, drying and ironing...

Good display, Hidden-place. Still not a huge fan of the DX17 so i may try posing Jinn with the SSC v2 and see how that looks.

Took the robe off and water-treated the tunic today to get the factory folds out. The outfit is really well done.

QUI-GON JINN 019sm.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling this is going to be my ROTS Kenobi. Which means that I will end up paying over MSRP later on when he is suddenly hard to find while I foolishly wait(ed) for a decent discount. When I get him in hand, I will realize immediately how great he is in person. Oh well how long do we think he will be available on sideshow? I just have too many Asmus (Galadriel, GTG and Elven Warrior and Archer) and Star Wars HT preorders (Heavy Mando, Beskar Deluxe, and Ig-11) coming in around the same time to afford him at the moment.

Nice pics!

I picked up a couple of the 1990s HASBRO droids to use as background accessories - waiting on R2-A6. Just to add some SW atmosphere. IMO Hasbro did a nice job with the 1/6 droids, which can be repainted/distressed etc. Didn't feel like spending a lot for upscale older HT droids and background figs.

I have a couple of those Hasbro droids on the way...the overall sculpt looks excellent and with a little paint and some weathering will do nicely.

The SS versions have reached crazy prices and i'm not forking out close to 300 euro for the HT version (if they ever get made)

View attachment 504455

My Qui-Gon arrived from Planet Action Figures... spent yesterday rinsing out the cloak, drying and ironing...
Nice work on the cloak!

Good display, Hidden-place. Still not a huge fan of the DX17 so i may try posing Jinn with the SSC v2 and see how that looks.

Took the robe off and water-treated the tunic today to get the factory folds out. The outfit is really well done.

View attachment 504481
I prefer the SSV2 Maul myself...but the under scaled head sculpt becomes more apparent when stood next to Jinn...

View attachment 504455

I'm picturing them standing outside a breakfast cafe, and hearing him saying to Maul: "Now, the scrambled eggs in this place are great, but you have to try the apple pie. It's to die for".

Could be a way to force perspective that for a shot...I'll give it a try sometime.

In the meantime, saber lit....

Wish I could keep the saber on permanently - very cool effect, as light ups go. I don't have a camera that can do dark shots that aren't grainy, but...

HotToys_quigon1.jpg

HotToys_quigon2.jpg

Just a beautiful fig that's a pleasure to work with, in spite of the head articulation thing.

Really like your cloak futzing and poses. haven't tried the "swoop" saber blade yet.

It is a cool figure...taking my time and really enjoying it.

Like many figures before it, the more I look, the more I like.

QUI-GON JINN 023.jpg

Last edited:
….and I couldn't resist one more shot.

QUI-GON JINN 025.jpg

As Sassafras commented, this really is a great figure to work with. Now let's see some more shots from other folks!

?.and I couldn't resist one more shot.

View attachment 504673

As Sassafras commented, this really is a great figure to work with. Now let's see some more shots from other folks!

Beautiful pictures (and backgrounds). Love ur angles and poses:clap:clap:clap that closeup is terrific.

He really is nice to work with, plus u get to appreciate stuff like all the layers of costume and the lined robe sleeves (plus the wired hood).

Unfortunately:lol really makes me consider getting a second one, as I really liked the character. For me that's excessive:horror - I duplicate some figs but not often. I just like the poncho look too *argh*. And thanks to Qui-gon's height, he is striking on the shelf.

I just got an R2-A6 (Hasbro) to go with, just as an accessory. The old Hasbro droids IMO are pretty nice. Need some weathering and tweaks, but pretty good at the price point for shelf background material.

Back