Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

I want Rey to come with Luke's lightsaber so Finn can be posed with Riot and she with Ren.

That will look great. I have something in mind for my display, but need the stuff out to see how it'll be.

I bet HT includes a couple of light sabers with the final Rey.

Yeah I could see them pulling a "baby Groot" and adding the sabers as accessories after a predetermined "spoiler period" has passed.

That last shot of:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It could have been, in theory. But the Tony Scott, spinning camera move took away from it. It felt a bit too staged for my tastes.

Tony Scott? Not at all. More like the circling helicopter shot of Brad Pitt standing over Kevin Spacey's dead body at the end of Se7en but with the scenery of Highlander or LOTR. Very epic. I'll give you a pass on your erroneous opinion this once though.

Should have been holding the wood case in that scene. "What's in the box? What's in the box?"

I was surprised at how little play all the "special" troops got in the movie. Heavy gunner, Flametrooper, Snowtrooper, Phasma, etc. I actually liked that TFA got back to bread and butter regular white Stormies from beginning to end as opposed to the "Taste the Rainbow" new-variant-every-second of the Clones in ROTS.

In ROTS the different colors designate the different Divisions of the Army of the Republic. Almost all armies today and going back to French Revolutionary War divide themselves up this way. The fact that the FO has no way to differentiate which troopers belong to which division by some sort of markings (patch, color, badge, etc.) on the uniforms/armor makes it less believable in the end. But I guess your hate for the PT blinds you to this. As for the OT, the Empire was in such control by the time we see the story start that the Troopers were little more than glorified policeman, and not organized as much to fight another army as to police the civilian population.

Khev, I'll concede to you the comparison to Highlander. . .you deserve it.

I'm considering picking up this trooper and a regular one as my only trooper acquisitions. This one did have a significant role and "looks cool"... :wink1:

I can see a lot of people customizing their regular trooper's helmet with blood stains.

Tony Scott? Not at all. More like the circling helicopter shot of Brad Pitt standing over Kevin Spacey's dead body at the end of Se7en but with the scenery of Highlander or LOTR. Very epic. I'll give you a pass on your erroneous opinion this once though.

It was nice to see the island from "Lost" again. I knew Luke was there.

Khev, I'll concede to you the comparison to Highlander. . .you deserve it.

Braveheart also featured a number of sweeping helicopter shots of Mel standing on mountain peaks similar to the end of TFA but now that I think of it I recall you writing off that Best Picture as a "poor man's Days of Thunder" as well.

This seemed like a wholly difficult weapon/device to use in close-combat. Seems like you need some room to swing this thing. Strange choice of fight. And a strange not-very-Star Wars kind of weapon.

It really caught me off guard that the Stormtrooper blasters didn't sound like the ones from the OT. Did Ben Burtt not do the sound on this one? The Falcon, X-Wings and TIE's all sounded like they used to so I wonder what led to the decision to have Stormie guns sound different.

Come to think of it, I don't even remember what the guns sounded like. Maybe Disney didn't want them to "sound like guns" so as not to "glorify it".

I don't remember either. I guess that is a good enough reason to watch it again :yess:

Come to think of it, I don't even remember what the guns sounded like. Maybe Disney didn't want them to "sound like guns" so as not to "glorify it".

I can't remember either, now. But did anyone notice the sound of the Falcon's quad cannons? Very old-school.

I can't remember either, now. But did anyone notice the sound of the Falcon's quad cannons? Very old-school.

The most satisfying sound has to be the Tie-Fighter roar, can't get enough of it.

That is prolly the main reason I keep playing Battlefront. I've played almost 40 hours, and I think about 38 is just Fighter Squadron, 10 minute rounds of X-wings vs TIE fighters. Just wish it was developed a bit more.

The most satisfying sound has to be the Tie-Fighter roar, can't get enough of it.

Exactly! Especially when
Spoiler Spoiler:
and you get the engine "start-up" sound as well. Too cool!

I knew it when I watched it today for the second time. Can't tell at all that it's Craig.

I read an article and I believe the Trooper Daniel Craig plays, is the Trooper that Rey tries to do Jedi mind tricks to.

I read an article and I believe the Trooper Daniel Craig plays, is the Trooper that Rey tries to do Jedi mind tricks to.

Yep. But what I'm saying is that it's impossible to tell it's Craig if you don't know it. :)

Back