Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

Still can't get over what the heck a trooper was doing with a riot weapon during a raid where lethal weapons were completely acceptable :slap But another variant for HT to milk.

PD14509319296r8.jpg

PD1450931920pEt.jpg

PD1450931907UG0.jpg

PD14509319312GI.jpg

MMS346 Finn and First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

The 1/6th scale First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of palms for holding blaster
- One (1) pair of palms for holding baton
- One (1) gesturing left palm

Costume:
- One (1) streamline designed First Order Stormtrooper armor
- One (1) black under-suit
- One (1) belt with pouches
- One (1) pair of white boots

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster rifle
- One (1) baton

Accessories:
- One (1) riot shield
- First Order emblem hexagonal figure stand with First Order Stormtrooper nameplate and Star Wars logo

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q2 – Q3, 2016

Expect it to be $500, I hope they release him individually! :gah:

They really love these 2 packs for the Star Wars figures.

Would have wanted a second headsculpt for the two-pack—it makes zero sense to have Finn with a stoic expression while fighting the Riot Trooper.

Honestly the blank-stare Hot Toys faces are getting to me; there are just way too many of them. Figures like the DX Jack Sparrow are evidence that HT can do great facial expressions, which leaves the question up in the air as to why they simply won't for a lot of the newer humanoid figures.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtroop

The panels and front of the baton should light up, i guess that wouldn't happen. But one can hope right? :lol

I didn't pick up the basic trooper, this will be the one I buy. Love the shield and lightsaber deflection blade. Reminds me of the classic stormtrooper art with shield and saber.

That was my first thought too...I like how it evokes the classic McQuarrie Trooper (weather or not it's intentional is up for debate).....now if I could just get past those duckbills....

Finn looks fantastic, though....

That was my first thought too...I like how it evokes the classic McQuarrie Trooper (weather or not it's intentional is up for debate)

I have a feeling that's exactly what JJ was recalling. There are numerous homages to earlier films, as we know, but in this case I think they were going back before the films. Just as the Starkiller Base was inspired by The Adventures of Luke Starkiller.

jedibear said:
.....now if I could just get past those duckbills....

I'm trying to overcome my dislike of them by finding a legitimate reason for them looking like that.

Ducks were first mentioned in the 1977 novelization of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which was ghostwritten by Alan Dean Foster.

"Still, even a duck has to be taught to swim."
"What's a duck?" ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker

Duck - Wookieepedia - Wikia

Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtroop

Interesting choice for the set. I wonder if the Riot trooper won't be released alone.

I'll stick with just the Finn version.

The riot trooper only come with Finn? I might just try to get the baton and shield if someone parts it out... I really want all the characters from TFA but due to BvS and Civil War i think I'm just gonna wait until the episode 8 versions. I already have a trooper so I could just make him a riot trooper.

The riot trooper only come with Finn? I might just try to get the baton and shield if someone parts it out... I really want all the characters from TFA but due to BvS and Civil War i think I'm just gonna wait until the episode 8 versions. I already have a trooper so I could just make him a riot trooper.

If I had a regular Trooper and not the Squad Leader thats what I would be doing... but as I really want the Riot version and wanted Finn anyway I am going for this meaning I have the option of 2 Troopers with one having 2 options when it comes to the variations seeming he comes with the blaster the standard Trooper comes with anyway.

I actually have the Squad leader as well... The pauldron wasn't connected when it arrived but it didn't bother me seeing that it was held on by a very small amount of glue... It stays put when I pose it so it wasn't worth requesting another.

I kinda just want to keep have one trooper but collect all the trooper accessories and just display him whatever way i want at the moment.

As much as I'd like to display Finn vs Riot trooper and Rey vs Kylo, I've stopped lying to myself that I'll ever have the room for that.

Last edited:

finally! was planning on getting this guy and finn both anyway so this works out perfect for me. Looks like Riot and Jakku will be my troopers.

Would have wanted a second headsculpt for the two-pack—it makes zero sense to have Finn with a stoic expression while fighting the Riot Trooper.

Honestly the blank-stare Hot Toys faces are getting to me; there are just way too many of them. Figures like the DX Jack Sparrow are evidence that HT can do great facial expressions, which leaves the question up in the air as to why they simply won't for a lot of the newer humanoid figures.

I agree about the second head sculpt. I understand that they can't make the single head sculpt be the angry, lightsaber wielding look, as that would look even more ridiculous for those who pose these in more "museum" stances. I tend to pose mine somewhere in between, so most likely Finn poised to fight. Head sculpt works OK for that...

The Riot Trooper looks cool but I'll probably just get Finn individually.

I think there will be a lot of collectors wanting just the baton and shield. Unfortunately, this will be the only option, until (like you said) someone parts it out.

I decided to get the set. I cancelled the FO stromtrooper previously. This is actually a good deal. Finn is $204. The FO Stormtrooper comes out to around $155. Cheaper. Has the riot gear and the blaster.

Back