Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I did say people should expect it to be short. It’s a semi exposed human male body with some scrap on it.

The other Iron Man figures can have exaggerated, taller heroic proportions because it’s a fully covered suit.

I do fully understand being underwhelmed and empathize with anyone upset over the other issues since it was such a long time coming. But minimal surface level touch ups and a diecast gimmick are one of the scenarios I fully expected, personally.

Last edited:
Disappointment about the size and lack of updates aside, the price for this at $455 is insane. Some Threezero products, which are right in line with Hot Toys quality:

19 inches tall - highly detailed, includes Diecast parts/frame - $479
218534f3-ba73-48c5-bf73-5c9750f88577.jpg

15 inches tall, highly detailed, includes diecast parts - $299
d914cb8d-35f5-4c9f-8302-bff49894ab44.jpg

11.7 inches tall - chunkier than this Mark I - includes diecast parts - $249

61c31370-3d87-4f27-9bca-bd356496dfbf.jpg

Disappointment about the size and lack of updates aside, the price for this at $455 is insane. Some Threezero products, which are right in line with Hot Toys quality:

View attachment 531089

View attachment 531090

View attachment 531092
Hot Toys charges $400+ because they've been increasing the price over the years and we just have to kiss their ass and take it.

Either that or just don't buy their stuff is really the only options. It's not like they listen or communicate with their fanbase in any shape or form.

What makes the price even funnier is that they did the BARE MINIMUM with this figure. They didn't even have to resculpt a new Tony Stark face. They legit just took out an almost 10 year old sculpt from the trash bin and "repainted" it.

I think Hot Toys just labeled this figure wrong. It's going under their new 1/8 scale line for Iron Man. :rotfl

Hard pass on this for me. I still have the 2.0 boxed up. Will just whip that out if I ever feel like displaying it again. Same figure but I don't get the spinning fan on the back..oh no...

207176457_1029411000929136_6122609519188342316_n.jpg
Perfect example. I’m stealing this pic, Hologram. 🙂

Yeah, I said previously there's no way HT would make a larger scale TT style body for this. But there's no excuse for the reused head sculpt and base.
Absolutely. A new head sculpt would’ve been good, but that wasn’t surprising since they’ve been reusing head sculpts when possible to I imagine save on costs, time, approvals, etc.

I liked that base when I had the 2.0 so if they were going to reuse one, it’s at least that and not the Star Wars sand base or something. I really didn’t like the reuse of the Terminator stand for the Mk VII. Odd that the Mk VI got an amazing new stand but most other armors get shorted in that department.

It’s Hot Toys. Maybe I’m a little pre-jaded but none of this really is a shock to me at this point. They know this will sell regardless.

It feels like a high price for a figure that doesn’t have the improvement a lot of seasoned collectors were looking for. But other people who don’t know or don’t care about the reused parts and other factors will just be happy to get it and not be paying eBay prices for a very old figure.

Last edited:

View attachment 531089

View attachment 531090

View attachment 531092

HT collectors(myself included) are just getting soaked.

you are very right about the usb. tony certainly didn't have usb powered spinning motors in the cave and during the fight, so it pretty irrelevant.

i rather they focus on making some useful diorama or the rack with chains to hang the mk1 armor, with some other empty helmet that's movie accurate
Lmaooooo! :lol

But the reason they didn’t improve this is they decided they can sell it on “die cast” alone without making new expensive molds. So if they now have enough customers that will buy outdated, undersized product at an inflated price, some grumpy legacy customers won’t hurt profits.

All of this. After ten years HT return to the MK1 should have been an extravagant upgrade to the original suit that started the Marvel craze. Instead we got a lazy 95% reused figure made specifically to rake in easy money from newer collectors. I can't believe this is how they handled this particular figure :slap :slap :slap

All of this. After ten years HT return to the MK1 should have been an extravagant upgrade to the original suit that started the Marvel craze. Instead we got a lazy 95% reused figure made specifically to rake in easy money from newer collectors. I can't believe this is how they handled this particular figure :slap :slap :slap
Agreed to all. As a new collector that doesn't own this figure yet, this is a very disappointing release. Solely adding a new, updated head sculpt would have moved the bar exponentially over what this offering appears like it will be. The super deluxe XXL stand and "bonus" metal helmet almost seem like an admission by HT that they know this is a total money grab and they just threw in some superfluous junk to make it a "new release" . Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactionaries at their best. Mark I is shorter than the other suits & to think it's going to be a true type underneath supporting the diecast makes me lol

Wow, how are you guys not stoked about the USB fan upgrade?! That's the #1 thing we've all been asking for and HT delivered!!!

Oh, thank you great HT for being such an awesome company and listening to your loyal fan base and addressing all our issues with the first 2 iterations. Today with the USB powered fan we are all eternally grateful!!! And thank you for charging such a low price! I would have been willing to pay at least $700 for this 10 year old reissue!!!

Thank you Howard! Thank you so much! Can I give you a handy to show you how appreciative I am of you!?

:rotfl

Sorry guys...maybe in another 10 years...

Well, like everyone else, very disappointed in this release. I do like the areas that are diecast, but wow what sticker shock at $455 and super useless fan gimmick and the added display stand for the display stand :slap. At the price might as well cough up another grand and get the Queen Studios statue. Also, the reused headsculpt doesn't even look to have the updated paint quality in the promo pics. Looks to have that same sort of weird hazy/flat paint they had back then when all their figures had a bit of paint downgrade along with the production sculpts looking soft and lacking detail for a year or 2. I hyped myself up way too much :lol:monkey2

Wow, how are you guys not stoked about the USB fan upgrade?! That's the #1 thing we've all been asking for and HT delivered!!!

Oh, thank you great HT for being such an awesome company and listening to your loyal fan base and addressing all our issues with the first 2 iterations. Today with the USB powered fan we are all eternally grateful!!! And thank you for charging such a low price! I would have been willing to pay at least $700 for this 10 year old reissue!!!

Thank you Howard! Thank you so much! Can I give you a handy to show you how appreciative I am of you!?

:rotfl

Sorry guys...maybe in another 10 years...
:lol
tenor.gif

Back