Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errr...since I never had version 1 or 2 of this figure, I'm probably gonna get it....

I also don't line my figures up in a row in statue poses, and do more dynamic setups - and doubt the height difference would even be a concern....at least for me.

Looks fine to me. Anyone have any pics of the Mark 1 with other figures? Doesn’t seem undersized. Being too “small” isn’t a concern to me. Watch the movie. The guy surrounded himself in scrap metal. It was never really meant to be a big bulky suit.

You cry I buy!

Looks fine to me. Anyone have any pics of the Mark 1 with other figures? Doesn’t seem undersized. Being too “small” isn’t a concern to me. Watch the movie. The guy surrounded himself in scrap metal. It was never really meant to be a big bulky suit.

You cry I buy!

height differential - Mk I 2 vs Mk 7 7-14-21.jpg

Like many others on here, I’m gonna pretty let down by this. The reused 10yr old sculpt just goes to show how lazy they are with this release. They probably expect at this point no matter what they put out people will buy it. Nope. Glad I’ll save the almost $500, can put those funds into Boba with throne

You cry I buy!
Have fun. :rotflNothing like people blindlessly buying Hot Toys crap off of the ground. No wonder they continue to do stupid **** like this.

Never had an interest in the Mark I so I guess that's why I have lower standards for it, but the price I'm surprised by. Only like $20 more than a Mark 7 on Sideshow, expected it to be $500 minimum.

...for less of a figure.
Not only that - for something they probably didn't need any new design work and/or tooling for

Last edited:

You cry I buy!
This Mark 1 is almost an inch shorter than the new rescue suit and the MK5/racing suit up figure. So if the stark racing suit figure is taller than this then there no excuse because it shows they had a the correct size tony figure to put underneath the armor. There is absolutely no reason Pepper should tower over this.

Even when I owned the V1 MKI, 2 and 3 plastics and had them on display the MKI just looked oddly small. He towers over those guys in the movie and is really bulky.

I’m not a stickler for ultra accurate, across the board scaling but if any figure needed a size increase this was it. The very nature of IM collecting for most people is having them in multi figure displays. This poor thing, after 3 tries, continues to be puny. Pathetic.

...for less of a figure.
Still pretty massive. And I meant for people who are going to be buying this either way, only $20 more is not bad. Or maybe it’s way smaller than I think.

I guess I’ve never paid attention to the Mark 1 figs, so I didn’t notice the lost potential of this one.

I think Hot Toys just labeled this figure wrong. It's going under their new 1/8 scale line for Iron Man. :rotfl

Hard pass on this for me. I still have the 2.0 boxed up. Will just whip that out if I ever feel like displaying it again. Same figure but I don't get the spinning fan on the back..oh no...

207176457_1029411000929136_6122609519188342316_n.jpg
How tall is that Mk 1?

Back