Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna try, experimenting on the laughing head now.
So far I tried some curly blond doll hair from hobby lobby that I was able to get to a good color with acrylic paint, but the curls were too far out of scale and I couldn't tame them.
Next I'm gonna try fun fur. If and when I ever succeed, I will post the results.

Cool. Keep us posted. I don't naturally go for real hair on figures but Ledger Joker is the exception. I actually think it looks better. As MRM about what hair to use. He told me in another thread but I forgot.

Cool. Keep us posted. I don't naturally go for real hair on figures but Ledger Joker is the exception. I actually think it looks better. As MRM about what hair to use. He told me in another thread but I forgot.

I know he used to use mohair, not sure if that's what he is currently using.

A good review Joe. :)

I concur with the overcoat thing (and the jacket as well). I still like the DX01's as I find the texture better on it. About the Jacket's colour, though both are not accurate, I'd rather have dark than light grey when I want to display a 'purple' shade. Since you have both, which one has a 'thinner' fabric?

Nice review, not to bring up this argument again but the lining is suppose to be orange not red. However, the orange is so close to red and that's why it looks like red in the film, especially the mob scene. I guess you are kind of right when you said the red lining looks more accurate then.

:wink1:

I also love it how you got the DX01 coat on there but I disagree how you think the color is more screen accurate because the coat almost looks like black to me. However, I do agree that the 2.0 coat is too bright, Katos handmade one is not as bright and is pretty much the correct dark purple. I can not understand why Hot Toys made it more vibrant.

:confused:

I concur with the overcoat thing (and the jacket as well). I still like the DX01's as I find the texture better on it.

Yeah I agree, the texture is better on coat and the Jacket should be a darker blueish grey, not light grey like the color on the 2.0 blazer!

:hi5:

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, the texture is better on coat and the Jacket should be a darker blueish grey! :hi5:

Well, we should have an overcoat and jacket (and shoes) like this, but I do not think we'll ever see that happening. :lol

dxj5ref.jpg

Well, we should have an overcoat and jacket (and shoes) like this, but I do not think we'll ever see that happening. :lol

dxj5ref.jpg

:exactly:

We will never see a suit that is tailored like that with the right thinner material for the coat at 1/6th scale, at least not for mass production.

:thud:

Like I said before the closest I have seen to that is the Joker MMS prototype clothes by Harue. Although some of their colors were off, the tailoring was perfect!

:eek

I concur with the overcoat thing (and the jacket as well). I still like the DX01's as I find the texture better on it. About the Jacket's colour, though both are not accurate, I'd rather have dark than light grey when I want to display a 'purple' shade. Since you have both, which one has a 'thinner' fabric?

Thanks. The inner jacket seems to be the same to me as far as the thickness but the newer jacket has a softer feel to it as far as I can tell.

Nice review, not to bring up this argument again but the lining is suppose to be orange not red. However, the orange is so close to red and that's why it looks like red in the film, especially the mob scene. I guess you are kind of right when you said the red lining looks more accurate then.

:wink1:

I also love it how you got the DX01 coat on there but I disagree how you think the color is more screen accurate because the coat almost looks like black to me. However, I do agree that the 2.0 coat is too bright, Katos handmade one is not as bright and is pretty much the correct dark purple. I can not understand why Hot Toys made it more vibrant.

:confused:

Yeah I agree, the texture is better on coat and the Jacket should be a darker blueish grey, not light grey like the color on the 2.0 blazer!

Thank you!! In my vid, I used very little lighting so I can see why it makes the coat look almost black. However in person the coat is more purple. I think the perfect match would be somewhere in between the first coat and the new coat. However right now with the 2 choices in hand, I pick the first DX coat.

Now as far as the inner jacket, I agree with what you said again. However once again, I think both are slightly off and there should be a happy medium.

P.S. As far as the inner lining color, no argument from me. I understand that it may be orange technically on screen. However to the eye in most scenes, it appears closer to the red side like you said.

Regarding weathering the coat - is this something that can only be done with brushes, etc, or can this be one of the more caveman weathering jobs? I think it was one of Bane's parts that I read people were just rubbing with rocks and running it over with their car(!).

Thank you!! In my vid, I used very little lighting so I can see why it makes the coat look almost black. However in person the coat is more purple. I think the perfect match would be somewhere in between the first coat and the new coat. However right now with the 2 choices in hand, I pick the first DX coat.

Ok maybe I exaggerated a little bit since I own the DX01 coat I know it doesn't look really black but its really really really dark purple and just way too dark IMO. Like you said the color should be somewhere in btw DX01 coat color and DX11 coat color. :wink1:

Now as far as the inner jacket, I agree with what you said again. However once again, I think both are slightly off and there should be a happy medium.

Yeah I agree but there was one thing I could not get watching your video, and that is you said your blazer was blueish grey. I have both the Kato handmade one and the Dx11 one and they are both light grey, no blue in them at all. Are you sure your one is a blueish grey? :huh

P.S. As far as the inner lining color, no argument from me. I understand that it may be orange technically on screen.

Yeah but here on freaks someone brought this argument up a few days ago. That is what I meant when I said I didn't want to bring up this argument again, so I was not referring to you. Honestly, I was just seeing if u were aware of the fact that it is meant to be orange because you sounded like you were 100% convinced it was red.

However to the eye in most scenes, it appears closer to the red side like you said.

:exactly:

Which is why I agree with you that the lining looks way more accurate on the DX01 than DX11.

Regarding weathering the coat - is this something that can only be done with brushes, etc, or can this be one of the more caveman weathering jobs? I think it was one of Bane's parts that I read people were just rubbing with rocks and running it over with their car(!).

:lol You're referring to Banes coat but yeah some dry brushing with paint can weather Jokers coat. I havent done it but thats what i planned to do initially. Dont know if i will anymore though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, none of Hot Toys efforts look like that. Someone should post that pic of the V1 proto outfit. That was the closest and the whole outfit looked really good. It didnt transfer to production unfortunately

Your wish is my command Fiend! :wink1:

This is better than Katos and the 2.0 one as the it looks like a suit coat, despite the purple being off. However, the tailoring for the Joker 2.0 works for the thick winter 2.0 coat, although I like the DX01 coat better it does not fit quite well on the rest of the 2.0 outfit. The shoulders are all bunched up or something. :dunno

I might try to pick up another green vest, mine has some stings stitching coming off which I can't cut off for fear of cutting the actual vest :slap

:lol You're referring to Banes coat but yeah some dry brushing with paint can weather Jokers coat. I havent done it but thats what i planned to do initially. Dont know if i will anymore though.

Ah, damn, I was looking forward to driving over it. :gah:

Dry brush or no, I won't mess with paintbrushes on the coat. I'm atrocious with anything like that. Somehow, the coat would turn out yellow.

I was able to snag the exclusive yesterday and it'll be here Tuesday, CAN'T WAIT!!!

Speaking of which, I got the exclusive since it was available but I need to sell the extras (don't even need the box) in order to help fund the purchase, LOL! If anyone's interested hit me up.

Back