Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maglor. Those pictures rock!!! I hadn't seem them in the thread yet. Looking at them made me remember why I was ok with getting rid of V1 to have funds to get this fig. absolutely awesome fig.

I just wish my Peers hadn't had broke. :( makes it difficult making sure the eyes are aligned when changing his stare, I spend 30 minutes debating if they are aligned the same.

wow thanks for al the pics, and the write up on your joker and whats what. i think im sold on the dx (at least the clothes) but tat bank robber headculpt i think looks much better than the PERS head... it may just be because i havent seen either in person. but i am in love with it... i think the only solution is to somehow get the dx joker ( police outfit, head and hands not necissary) and get the bank robber joker. then i can choose which head to display on the dx bod, and display the BR with the clown mask and just pretend its not the joker under there haha.
so thats where im at... i need to find a good deal.

wow thanks for al the pics, and the write up on your joker and whats what. i think im sold on the dx (at least the clothes) but tat bank robber headculpt i think looks much better than the PERS head... it may just be because i havent seen either in person. but i am in love with it... i think the only solution is to somehow get the dx joker ( police outfit, head and hands not necissary) and get the bank robber joker. then i can choose which head to display on the dx bod, and display the BR with the clown mask and just pretend its not the joker under there haha.
so thats where im at... i need to find a good deal.

Exactly what I ended up doing.
I bought a Bank Robber Joker and put the head on DX clothes. I am just waiting on his hands and shoes to arrive in the mail. This combo really shines and makes the perfect Joker IMO. Plus the BR Joker accessories and extra head are awesome. Here is how he looks so far:

IMG_0066.jpg

Plus the combo can cost under $300 shipped if you look for deals. $150 a figure is more then reasonable IMO. You just need to understand you may not have the proper stand or boxes. If you can live with that, combo joker for the win!

My jokers Pers broke sometime ago. I can still reposition each eye separately since I opened the mechanism. Still it bothers me that the figure is messed up. Should I invest in a new head to make the figure whole again? I don't think I'll ever sell it as it's one of my favorites but it's nice to know that I could get full value for it. (helps me justify the prices I pay to buy these things int the first place lol).

Basically is it worth more to have a whole figure than I could get for the damaged one($?) plus the cost of the new head. (150$)

I think u should leave it, unless u come across an inexpensive head. If u never sell it, it has no retail value. Besides I think these figures will not bring in the kind of cash they do now, 15 years from now.

Besides I think these figures will not bring in the kind of cash they do now, 15 years from now.

What makes you think that... look at the Star Wars 6" figures from the 80's. Some had sold for several thousands.

Pshh, I have my figures with me... I'll think about how I'm going to move it all when I'm done with school later!

What makes you think that... look at the Star Wars 6" figures from the 80's. Some had sold for several thousands.

Yea, I just think figures will bottom out sooner rather then later. As the demographic grows older, there will be less interest in an era of filmmaking that new fans will have no memory of or attachment to... This is just my opinion of course, but I can't see my Hot Toys T-800 arnold selling for $200 in 30 years from now.

Nice natural pose. :clap

If you would use a tripod they would all be this clear or clearer. ;)

Thanks buddy, and I know :lol These were just quick snap shots while going too and fro during packing things back in my car. :monkey3

Pshh, I have my figures with me... I'll think about how I'm going to move it all when I'm done with school later!

haha well I'm not sure if you live in an apt or dorm, but with the small amount of space that comes in a dorm, there is hardly any room for my figs. Plus home is roughly an hour away, more if there's traffic, so it's not too bad having my figs at home. I prefer them being at home anyway, that way I know no one has touched them. My mom's pretty good at safeguarding my figs from the 3 trouble makers at home. plus they're in Detolfs so I think I'm good :)

Holy Crap! There's 292 40-post pages worth in this thread???!!!

Well, here's my little contribution. Somebody commissioned me to turn the Cop Joker head into this, so I did:
JokerPosterB.jpg

what it took to accomplish it.

Hair-1.jpg

HairedRight.jpg

HairedLeft.jpg

What do you think?

HairedFront.jpg

Plenty other cool stuff in my thread (link in signature) plus a tutorial on how I did this piece.

Back