Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty nice although I think the hair are too green, they should be more of a brown, light brown at the to of the head.
I also think that the ahir on top of the head are a little too puffy.

Okay, so I agreed with those of you in my customs thread who thought the hair was too green, so I went over it again with the magic airbrush. Here he is again with darkened hair. And, no, I didn't just Photoshop the first pic. I just took the same angle shot and framed it the same way.

JokerPosterB.jpg
JokerPosterD.jpg

As for the puffiness of the hair on top, I think the angle of the head is adding to that effect. This shot is very tilted forward. You can tell by the curve of the neck's bottom edge.

i like the new hair hair color.

but perhaps maybe you can take a shot of it flat so we can see what what the hair looks like then?

The eyes are very well done too! great job all around! :rock

i like the new hair hair color.

but perhaps maybe you can take a shot of it flat so we can see what what the hair looks like then?

The eyes are very well done too! great job all around! :rock

Like I said above, the puffy appearance of the hair is mostly because of the angle of the head. It's tilted forward so the eyes look at the camera. Most of what looks like puff is just the top of the head.

As for the eyes, those are the eyes Hot Toys put on. They were in the right position so I didn't bother to repaint them. Mine would have looked better though.

Like I said above, the puffy appearance of the hair is mostly because of the angle of the head. It's tilted forward so the eyes look at the camera. Most of what looks like puff is just the top of the head.

I understood that from earlier but I was/am still just curious as to what it looked like from straight on but oh well, I don't want to be a bother:monkey3

Okay, so I agreed with those of you in my customs thread who thought the hair was too green, so I went over it again with the magic airbrush. Here he is again with darkened hair. And, no, I didn't just Photoshop the first pic. I just took the same angle shot and framed it the same way.

JokerPosterB.jpg
JokerPosterD.jpg

As for the puffiness of the hair on top, I think the angle of the head is adding to that effect. This shot is very tilted forward. You can tell by the curve of the neck's bottom edge.

Nice work. Really amazing.

:clap:clap

Great repaint and hair ..but holy ____ the price to have that done is crazy!! ..pm him if you want to know.

seriously, why tell you that here.. I don't think that it is really necessary

Nothing's "necessary."

If someone is charging someone a certain price, and believes it's a fair price, he should be willing to stand by that in public.

Check the completed sale prices on Ebay. Average the totals for the last month or so.

That's the best way to determine a "fair market price" to make sure you don't pay more than you have to.

seriously, why tell you that here.. I don't think that it is really necessary

:slap I did not say the price in my post:dunno ...i believe i have the right to talk about the price so long as i don't say the exact sum, that's why i said pm him if you want to know, i did nothing wrong.

Nothing's "necessary."

If someone is charging someone a certain price, and believes it's a fair price, he should be willing to stand by that in public.

:exactly::goodpost: ..but if this guy does not want to go public with his price that's cool, but nothing is to stop anyone who know's it from telling other's ..i could have but i chose not to as i felt it was not my place to do so, also in not saying the price i though i would avoid comment's like Neo's( but i still got one:slap).

So I'm new to Hot Toys, and in the market for a regular Joker. I like the DX one, but I don't necessarily want the extra cop uniform, nor do I care so much about the PERS system.

Does a regular BR Joker head look good enough on a V1 body, or should I really think about getting this DX version. (Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't get through the hundreds of pages on this thread.)

So I'm new to Hot Toys, and in the market for a regular Joker. I like the DX one, but I don't necessarily want the extra cop uniform, nor do I care so much about the PERS system.

Does a regular BR Joker head look good enough on a V1 body, or should I really think about getting this DX version. (Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't get through the hundreds of pages on this thread.)

We've had this conversation just a couple of days ago, start on this page https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53082&page=1165 with post #11646 and read the following 2-3 pages, that should help out I think.

My mind is set on this figure now..

I just wish I had got into collecting earlier as instead of paying $200 I'm probably going have to shell out $350.

:monkey2

Fine! Just waiting for a good deal! :impatient:

How much is the Police Officer Joker going for these days?
As I have no need for it and will probably sell it off as I just want the Joker.

Back