Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I don’t have any rubber 1/6 figures I’m not 100% sure if this would work, but I use 303 rubber protectant on my rubber tires etc for transformers and it works incredibly well at keeping them fresh from cracking. Even my original G1 Optimus Prime’s rubber wheels and gas hose are still as fresh as ever thanks to using that stuff. I would imagine it would do just as well on this figure since it’s also just black rubber. I probably wouldn’t use it on painted rubber arms like Thor or something as idk what it would do to the paint on then, but I would imagine it would be fine on this guy

Last edited:
I followed the DX09 from solicitations, preorders, to final product and own 3 myself. It wasn’t notorious for quality control issues. It was a solid release.

Mine are all still in great condition, no different from when I first got them 10 years ago. I had one that had weak glue for the magnet in the belt and one of the faceplates, but that is per the course with Hot Toys.

As far as the suit is concerned, it’s one of the best suits produced in this scale as far as durability. I’m not even entirely sure it is actually rubber. My only problem with the suit isn’t it’s quality, but how inaccurate it is. It should be a wet suit with segmented armor plates glued/sewn on, not a one piece suit. Fix that and it’s perfect.

Last edited:
This is the only thing that got my attention. Everything else from this show is 'meh'. Hopefully AOTC Wave 2 delivers.

I just got into collecting Hot Toys around that time.

I don't recall the purple Joker being at a deep discount but I definitely remember Mime Joker was cheap during Black Friday, back when SSC actually had really good deals.

I ended up getting the Mars Toys Joker as a stopgap solution, hoping that Hot Toys will re-issue or Queen/InArt will get the license.
Purple sat around for awhile and then could be had for around $200 on secondary for a spell. Mime could be had for around $125 on secondary. . I should have been more clear I wasn't specifically talking about US retailers.

I noticed their DX-09 next to the batchair has a broken PERS system and has a lazy eye as a result 😝
32768C0C-86C8-4DBC-B26A-D67F85C2D319.jpeg

Hey guys is there a reputable source you recommend for Mars Toys Joker?
One Sixth Kit, TNS Figures or Giantoy are sellers I use.
I don't know if any of them have it available for pre-order still, but I played my Joker pre-order with One Sixth Kit.

This is a great release for those who missed out on the 09 but I wish this was like a battle damaged Bat from 89' especially as it looks like it will come with the cool looking Garg statue, from the end of the movie.

This is a great release for those who missed out on the 09 but I wish this was like a battle damaged Bat from 89' especially as it looks like it will come with the cool looking Garg statue, from the end of the movie.
Don’t worry, after the reissue starts to ship they will announce a battle damaged version. Ha!

I regret selling mine a few weeks after buying it but I'll keep this new one. Was expecting HT to make a Keaton Bats from Batgirl but this re-issue with new accessories is better.

Kinda feel like a chump for purchasing a DX09 just a couple weeks ago :/ but this is great for anyone who didn't get the DX09. I think when it goes to pre order it will have some improvements, so I'll probably pick it up anyway. That gargoyle base is great!

Aside from a complete suit re-tooling, which I’m sure won’t happen, the next simplest improvement they could make is doing away with that awful panel on the head and making the PERS accessible through the base of the neck like most other figures.

Aside from a complete suit re-tooling, which I’m sure won’t happen, the next simplest improvement they could make is doing away with that awful panel on the head and making the PERS accessible through the base of the neck like most other figures.
They can also make the mouth plate not stick out further than the mask.

Kinda feel like a chump for purchasing a DX09 just a couple weeks ago :/ but this is great for anyone who didn't get the DX09. I think when it goes to pre order it will have some improvements, so I'll probably pick it up anyway. That gargoyle base is great!
Kinda feel a chump for not selling my DX09 a couple of weeks ago. :gah:

Back