Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the DX19 show any improvements over DX12 when it was first revealed?
If you’re talking about the initial proto pics then I would say not really. I’m sure those with the keen eyes might’ve noticed something, but IMO the initial proto wasn’t that much of an upgrade, if at all to the DX12/armory. Which is why I didn’t PO it as I had sold my DX12 mere months after having it. However, the production piece definitely was improved upon from the DX12/armory figure which got me to scramble and nab one.

The first time we saw the DX19 was when it went up for pre-order?

This figure isn't even a prototype yet, just an old DX09.

Will be interesting to see if they continue to use the old figure for the pre-order pics as they did the Knightmare Batman and make changes during production.

At this point, it is safe to assume every reissue will be improved somehow. I mean, there is evidence of it.

DX19 and Knightmare.

I would not hesitate to PO this once it is available.

At this point, it is safe to assume every reissue will be improved somehow. I mean, there is evidence of it.

DX19 and Knightmare.

I would not hesitate to PO this once it is available.

That may be true, but not everything that needs to be improved actually is improved where it needs to be. Let's not forget this guy.

batman__gallery_606220a58fb34.jpeg

I'm assuming the broken ankle issue has been resolved, but I would gladly forgo the "upgraded body" for a decent cape, a more accurate cowl, and a different faceplate that wasn't this ;)

IMO, generally speaking, unless HT is showing some real differences when the preorder starts, I still think that it's a good idea to be cautious on day 1 PO's. OTOH, if you're good with the fact that the reissue might not change much, then I would go for it, depending on what/if there is a competitive offering. I didn't really have any complaints with the DX09, other than the cape, but that's just me.

I believe they did actually do a pretty good job with the DX19.

That may be true, but not everything that needs to be improved actually is improved where it needs to be. Let's not forget this guy.

View attachment 591066

I'm assuming the broken ankle issue has been resolved, but I would gladly forgo the "upgraded body" for a decent cape, a more accurate cowl, and a different faceplate that wasn't this ;)

IMO, generally speaking, unless HT is showing some real differences when the preorder starts, I still think that it's a good idea to be cautious on day 1 PO's. OTOH, if you're good with the fact that the reissue might not change much, then I would go for it, depending on what/if there is a competitive offering. I didn't really have any complaints with the DX09, other than the cape, but that's just me.

If you notice, the boot/ ankle is now two pieces. It’s no longer hidden under the rubber boot sleeve so I will assume it’s all been resolved.

View attachment 591066

What is with that face plate lol.

Did the DX19 show any improvements over DX12 when it was first revealed?

When the DX19 solicitation pics went up, to my eyes, it looked radically different from the DX12. To me, it seemed like it was a shrunken down version of the Quarter Scale figure. The head was different, the mouths, the plating on the legs.

This upcoming ‘89 Keaton Batman could be anything. We’ll have to wait for the solicitation pics because right now, those two at the show are DX09 copies.

The freshly-unveiled promo pics of Robocop and the MKIII reissues is how you can be sure a figure is coming-- not convention pics. For all we know this could be just the DX09 out of his cave.

That's good to know. Might have to jump on this one. '89 bats is my favorite version
Worth noting that I keep mine in museum pose due to the thick rubber suit hindering poseability. The assumption is the new version will have proper ratcheted joints, allowing him to hold a pose properly. So if posed more dynamically over a longer period of time, I can't say whether or not that would affect the suit materials.

Worth noting that I keep mine in museum pose due to the thick rubber suit hindering poseability. The assumption is the new version will have proper ratcheted joints, allowing him to hold a pose properly. So if posed more dynamically over a longer period of time, I can't say whether or not that would affect the suit materials.
If the new figure can hold a pose i would 100% buy it. I at least wanted the DX09 to hold up his arm with the line launcher attached or at the very least to hold up the grapple gun but nope, he can't even do that lol.

Disappointing we got no DC stuff today. Summer showcase third wave...is that it now or will there be a fourth wave?

Hey guys is there a reputable source you recommend for Mars Toys Joker?

I remember seeing it on TNS a few years ago but missed the first wave of preorders back then - I was not confident a 3rd party could deliver a good Nicholson Joker.

But after seeing the final product was pretty good, I had to in on the 2nd run through One-Sixth Kit. Usually One-Sixth Kit has short preorder windows so I didn't check if it's still available there.

Giant Toys usually has their preorders up for a larger window but they did not list Mars Joker at the time I was trying to preorder the figure a few weeks ago.

Like one of the other collectors posted - One Sixth Kit, Giantoy and TNS (to a lesser extent) are the main sellers I use to buy unlicensed figures.

Back