Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice if that figure is just a stand in for a new and improved version, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. The upcoming Begins Batman will be a good measuring stick for what goes down as far as improved product goes because right now, that figure is just the Toy Fairs MMS 155 figure with armory belt and DX12 boots.

Time will tell and Hot Toys has certainly had enough time.
Exactly, the only thing that makes me think they’ll improve this and for that matter the Batman begins figure is that they did make improvements to peacemaker….

I would definitely gladly except any improvements.Tthe original figure still holds up pretty good I can still get poses no issues with the suit. I do keep my room and climate control, but any good updates I guess we’ll see once released if released which is why I still hold off my excitement till I see a po.

For those wanting a Joker re-issue, maybe you don't remember but it was the overproduction of both Jokers that killed the line. Purple could be had for deep discount and Mime could be had for insanely cheap. And then Returns Batman sat around forever as well - especially the two pack. I'm not sure any of this Batman stuff is new tooling including the Forever figures. I think it's possible they were made a long time ago and put on the shelf.

The DX09 is very impressive for a old figure but I expect more in almost 2023 and therefor for me it loses a bit of its luster with this showing.

For those wanting a Joker re-issue, maybe you don't remember but it was the overproduction of both Jokers that killed the line. Purple could be had for deep discount and Mime could be had for insanely cheap. And then Returns Batman sat around forever as well - especially the two pack. I'm not sure any of this Batman stuff is new tooling including the Forever figures. I think it's possible they were made a long time ago and put on the shelf.

The DX09 is very impressive for a old figure but I expect more in almost 2023 and therefor for me it loses a bit of its luster with this showing.
Yeah I remember this I got mime joker for like $140 shipped back when spooktacular was an eventful event.

Agreed. I am also inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and say the suit material would likely be improved. Hopefully, anyway.

Nothing would be more embarrassing than if the new figure started bleeding oil too. And they can’t afford that kind of PR hit anymore.
Yup exactly. HT is definitely feeling a bit of heat from InArt as they weren't making any sort of updates (at least public updates) to already revealed and orderable figures like they have recently with The Batman and now Peacemaker. It's normally an "I hope HT makes some changes during production" situation with fingers and toes crossed while we wait and see what the end product looks like.

There's no doubt that the '89 Batman figures displayed at SDCC are the production pieces of the original release, but I'm hopeful and almost positive that they're placeholders for now. Not sure if anyone remembers when HT kept showing either the BvS or blue JL suit Superman with the MoS headsculpt at every convention and nearly up into release, folks were wondering what headsculpt the figure would actually come with. In a very long winded way, I'm trying to say that what we see at conventions isn't always what get in the end.

Yup exactly. HT is definitely feeling a bit of heat from InArt as they weren't making any sort of updates (at least public updates) to already revealed and orderable figures like they have recently with The Batman and now Peacemaker. It's normally an "I hope HT makes some changes during production" situation with fingers and toes crossed while we wait and see what the end product looks like.

There's no doubt that the '89 Batman figures displayed at SDCC are the production pieces of the original release, but I'm hopeful and almost positive that they're placeholders for now. Not sure if anyone remembers when HT kept showing either the BvS or blue JL suit Superman with the MoS headsculpt at every convention and nearly up into release, folks were wondering what headsculpt the figure would actually come with. In a very long winded way, I'm trying to say that what we see at conventions isn't always what get in the end.
Good point, another example that comes to mind is the Wonder Woman 1984, which was shown with the old BvS/JL headsculpt until they got around to creating a new one.

If he can't sit in the chair, that batcomputer is pointless. I still may buy the Batman. It was one of my first Hot Toys...before I gave him to my brother who promptly lost some of his accessories. I'm hoping they rerelease the Nicholson Joker! That would be a possible DOPO for me!

I guess the easy solution would be to buy a separate body to make some slits at the hips and just have it for permanently sitting in the chair

I consider myself lucky that I dont mind loose, flawed, and incomplete figures. Managed to snag both Batman and Joker for relatively cheap that way. I will probably get the new Batman as well for
the base and to have one that can actually pose (hoping they update the body). But for now, these will do just fine.

EA384668-ABD3-436B-9CC1-356F1DA27540.jpeg

Do you think the batcave Dio will be available without a figure?
The dark knight armory was sold in 3 versions, Armory, Alfred, and wayne and alfred plus armory combo, who knows what might be the case on this one.

I only collect DC hot toys and hot toys just know when to throw in the wrench and pull me back in this hobby, I don't care if I have a DX09 already, we all know the box and contents will drastically change.

Knowing myself i'll try to get all versions. again.

I can't see buying a figure with the Bat-Computer unless it's turtleneck Bruce with glasses.

People on the FB groups are too quick to make assumptions that this will go up for PO, going as so far as even mocking those who bought him at aftermarket prices. Thing is, there's ZERO indication that this is even a planned product, for all we know they could have just took out the DX09 out for a breather to display next to the Batcomputer. If you look at the base, the nameplate is hastily glued on too. I think long time HT collectors should know by now that NOTHING is certain until it goes up for PO.

I can’t believe the prices in eBay are still up in the $800.00 range for the first release. I can only assume some people didn’t get the memo…
Prices probably won’t come down until HT actually starts shipping something. If you want an 89 batman in hand, there’s no other game in town.

Until there’s an actual preorder, there’s no indication there will be additional supply. Even then, it’s likely many months or years away before product hits the streets.

Nothing is set in stone just yet, nor anchored on gargoyles.
Agreed, but I would think this has the highest likelihood of being produced out of everything HT has shown that is batman related. I have a lot less confidence in any of the other stuff.

A new stand and a reissue is the same MO they used with the qs001, but the proof is in the preorder.

Back