Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing it on TNS a few years ago but missed the first wave of preorders back then - I was not confident a 3rd party could deliver a good Nicholson Joker.

But after seeing the final product was pretty good, I had to in on the 2nd run through One-Sixth Kit. Usually One-Sixth Kit has short preorder windows so I didn't check if it's still available there.

Giant Toys usually has their preorders up for a larger window but they did not list Mars Joker at the time I was trying to preorder the figure a few weeks ago.

Like one of the other collectors posted - One Sixth Kit, Giantoy and TNS (to a lesser extent) are the main sellers I use to buy unlicensed figures.
Any experience with Comic Santorum?

If the new figure can hold a pose i would 100% buy it. I at least wanted the DX09 to hold up his arm with the line launcher attached or at the very least to hold up the grapple gun but nope, he can't even do that lol.
Worth noting that I keep mine in museum pose due to the thick rubber suit hindering poseability. The assumption is the new version will have proper ratcheted joints, allowing him to hold a pose properly. So if posed more dynamically over a longer period of time, I can't say whether or not that would affect the suit materials.
Instead of the suit being a single piece enclosing the body, make the arms separate so they can move more freely and hold a pose. There’d be a visible seam around the shoulder/armpit area but it’s a decent compromise.

Instead of the suit being a single piece enclosing the body, make the arms separate so they can move more freely and hold a pose. There’d be a visible seam around the shoulder/armpit area but it’s a decent compromise.
I think that would be a good idea. I don't mind having a seam line if we get to have full arm movement

Or, they can engineer the figure to actually have the spandex areas like Keatons actual suit to give him movement. It can be done. Hell, the figure molds those areas.

ahem. exhibit A.

1659185959931.png

I'm hoping at the very least with the changes being possible the best thing they can do besides giving a better suit would be to give the body ratchet joints that way it can he posed better. Finally having a chance to get this figure is something I'm very excited for. This was the movie that made me a Batman fan. Of course can't wait to also get Kilmar Bats also as that was my childhood too. Lol

Personally the 95 Panther is the best suit just behind 89 and it’s natural and logical evolution IMO.

Returns seems sleek and bland compared.
Agreed. I'd love the panther suit to pair with Robin instead of the sonar suit. I still wish/hoped that HT would've included separate eye plates with Robin. They could've just been attached to the mask and slotted in and out from that area.

Is there any particular reason other than just for naming purposes that it was called the panther suit?

Correct, it was called the Panther suit because it was supposed to be sleekest Batsuit at the time (sleek as a panther), which come to think of it kinda rings true today, like it or hate it, it's seems like the final evolution of the Keaton suit before it went weird.

Back