1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just glancing this thread yesterday to see if I maybe missed some secret announcement or update. Then BAM! on my Facebook timeline this morning. Love the shots without his Jedi robe. Yeah he looks a little young and refined. But good enough for me. My top wanted for a long time. Instantaneous buy!!!

10968539_10152615104317344_3889396041590990027_n.jpg

I actually like this. There's been an improvement on the sculpt. Its not a better likeness than the SSC but it looks very lifelike. I think they went overboard on the swirly look of the beard. LOVE the old man hands. Will buy those for sure ,and maybe a few other items. Not a box purchase though.

Secret Base just posted this one.

11002696_774198825982061_5412104571845685244_o.jpg

Jesus. I can't think of changing the body of a Vader figure for the THIRD TIME. There must be some Lucasfilm imposition here...there is no other esplanation.

On the Obi side I like him a lot. Maybe SSC is still a slightly better likeness, but I like this one as it is.

I think Vader in that pic above looks awful. Granted the pic has overly harsh lighting but that's not what I'm talking about. They made an improvement with Ben. One thing though, were his robes that refined??

I like the robes and the body shape ( a little chunky like Sir Alec as at that time). Typical fine tailoring from HT there....agree with those saying the sculpt is good quality, just slightly stylized.
But if it makes it through production looking as good as this, it'll be a decent figure. Now the question...how much?

I'll always appreciate and enjoy Sideshow's version in my collection....it's one of their best....but, having a very Kenobi-centric lean in my collection, I'll go for this.

Now if HT would do a ROTS version of Kenobi....well....I'd love to see their take on that.

Will definitely pick up the hands and the display stand when parted out. Head is still off. SSC is better.

"300$ LMAO!" ... that certainly seemed like a dig at me. Hypocrite much?

Like Devilof said, John Nada is probably another Oscorp account.

- obsessed with Star Wars
- dead set against Sideshow product
- a Hot Toys sloot

Ban him, again.

As for this Ben, I think it looks way better than what was shown at the last show. The eyes in particular look more like him. I do think we're all mistaking high levels of sharply sculpted skin detail for likeness though. I don't think this is Alec Guinness like Hot Toys Mandarin is Ben Kingsley. Still, this looks nice overall. Better than Han, better than expected. Love the clothes and old geezer hands with the age spots. That's also the best sculpted hair I've ever seen on a figure. That comb over thing is dead on.

Unfortunately, standing next to Vader looks hilarious. Vader is just too damn tall and weird looking. It wasn't that long ago that people were defending Vader at the show saying "it's just the photos, it's just the perspective!", well no, he was a ****ing giant and still is. :lol

Last edited:
Looks better than the toy show pics--can't tell if it's just the background but the head looks less squarish in the comparison pic. I think I'm less picky with this figure than Han given that we'll likely get another Han but this is the one shot at this Kenobi. Shot with the hood on looks pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get the sabre for my HT Luke, but the SCC Trevor Grove sculpt is still the best I've seen.

Pass.

Unfortunately, standing next to Vader looks hilarious. Vader is just too damn tall and weird looking. It wasn't that long ago that people were defending Vader at the show saying "it's just the photos, it's just the perspective!", well no, he was a ****ing giant and still is. :lol

Vader is too big. He should be shrunken a bit but I don't think it's so far off as to be deemed "hilarious." Prowse did kind of tower over Guinness.

Star-Wars-Rebels-Darth-Vader-cameo.jpg

I am a little worried that Vader and Chewie will be the same height though. Based on this pic it looks like they might be (assuming Ben and Han are the same height):

000_wBZVfC8.jpg.jpg

11002696_774198825982061_5412104571845685244_o.jpg

Yeah, and thing is it is what it is, now. We're not going to get a correctly scaled Vader for whatever reason, so I'm not going to let it bug me. And no way I'll consider modding a $300.00 US custom HT body (height/sound) trying to make it right.

Crap judging by this pic Vader might be BIGGER than Chewie. That ain't right.

hot-toys-1.jpg

It's hard to imagine that Chewie will tower over Ben and the Shadow Trooper more than Vader is in that shot.

Back