1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad some one posted the side-by-side with the fist sculpt; I was surprised to see how much it now looks like Kenobi. At first I thought I was just tricking myself, but they did alter the sculpt. It's still not a home-run, but much better than what he first looked like.

Not bad. I still think Sideshows old doll still has a better likeness.

Will be pick up those old man hands for him though.

Yeah, the Sideshow sculpt is a better likeness... but it suffers from being a bit over-sized and no skin-texture. So in honestly, while I think it's the more accurate sculpt this one has enough going (with the tweaks) for it that I'm back to buying.

You mean Vader is too tall.

They followed SS on that. Unless Vader's height has been mandated by Luca$

Man... what the ****! Vader is way too big compared to Kenobi... and if they make a accurately scaled Luke it will just be ridiculous. While I still plan to buy Vader (yeah, I'm a sucker), I'm pretty annoyed that this monstorous height keeps happening.

Wow, this looks AMAZING!!!!! i was liking it before but this is so much better!!! far better than the old SCC version. Cant wait!! :)

To me it almost looks like a guy in his 40s that they added "old age makeup" to, more than someone who's genuinely in their 60s with natural wrinkles and more sunken in features.

Still though, as others have said it's a massive improvement over the original proto, and if I didn't already have the Sideshow I would almost certainly get it.

As long as Vader is in the background of someone's shelf or display, the height discrepancy shouldn't be a problem. Just keep him away from characters in the foreground.

I'm wondering if their eventual Farmboy Luke will look like a little kid compared to Vader? Hell, Leia will be short, I could see her being up to Vader's belt/codpiece!

Vader is too big.

11002696_774198825982061_5412104571845685244_o.jpg

Well the size comparisons with obi and vader is not to far off. But it's definitely noticeable when there next to one another. 5.11 obi next to 6.7 1/2 vader. There should only be a 8 1/2 inch Difference. This is around a 13 inch difference. I guess I can do the math to see who is more accurately depicted to say who is to tall or to short. But Ben looks crazy good!

It may be more accurately depicted than I thot. It looks like obi is leaning back and to one side.

Transformer figures that came out 20 years ago are just as complex to engineer, the thing is tall and its probably a one off body, thats really it. It has absolutely no accessories. And your thoughts on the Mark 42 repaint that costs 50 dollars more?

Oh, i'm sure TF's are hard t engineer, but Takara/Hasbro has been doing them for years. And they are really all not that expensive (the Masterpieces).

That Mark 43 is a ripoff, for sure, more so than the 42 (that is also a ripoff). But hence the purpose of my com parison.... I believe HT charges more because the know they can charge more. Not because the figure costs more to produce.

In this case, Obi is just like BRJ, a plain man with clothes. And if HT would pull a pricing scheme like they did with BRJ, people here would go nuts.

Big fat meh. SS version while not as technically advanced, actually looks like Alec Guinness. I'll be keeping that for sure.

Idk how some aren't seeing Alec in this...

I know.. its funny! :lol comparing this to the ssc in its stock form is just silly. ssc looks like a turd in comparison. ( i can say that because i have the ssc) tho its awesome for its time. and i will be keeping both... :p

Dont get me wrong... there are some awesome custom SSC obi's out there, and they look grate.

This looks much improved to me what a great time to be a star wars fan! Obi wan is one of the highest priorities and this does him great justice. Simply can't wait!

It's quite simple. HT's version looks like a representation of Alec, while SSC's actually looks like him. Give the Sideshow one a HT paint job, and it would be absolutely perfect.

It's a very idealistic sculpt of him, not accurate to the movie but very much how my minds eye sees obi wan

It does seem that they followed old obi wan on some damned fool idealistic crusade on beautifying him and neither of the live pics do it for me... But the prototype pictures I do like. I have a josh small painted sideshow grove head. It's good, great even but this is better. I'm very happy

Also, so much for the closed eyes head that people thought they saw in the teaser.

New sculpt is an improvement. Still a bit full in the face but I see Guinness there.

It's funny how some people defend this sculpt but love tearing down Hoth Han.

Back