1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally have payment plan for this must have, ordered on SSC now the waiting game begins. Meanwhile I will just enjoy my DX12. grats to everyone that figured out how to get this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, they wouldn't do that. Plus, I don't think items on SSC sell out as fast as they do on BBTS or AEC unless it's a rare SSC EX like Midas for example. Their pre-orders usually last a while, even the Thor Light Armor EX lasted a few months I think.

Alright thanks for reassuring me. When I pre-ordered Plissken, they didnt ask for a non refundable deposit. Uuu I just dont want to miss out on Alfred.

Yeah, I don't get why SOME people on here are too tough on professional reviewers who get figures early and for free. You can tell by some people's comments that it's beyond the voice of one reviewer, or the "excessive" hand gesture of the other, or by their being too biased and soft towards the brand. You speak with your own voice and people find it too hard on the ears, you get hated. You speak with a modulated voice with rehearsed dialogue, you get hated. Heck, you don't say a word for the entire video and people call you creepy.

Some people even go as far as blaming reviewers for the cost increases by making collecting commercialized, or hardselling their channels/blogs/websites by flooding threads just so they could get more traffic/hits/views. What's wrong with that? It IS a commercialized world, maybe since the day currency and marketing became a system, and these guys are just doing what they must to keep their jobs.

There you go. It's because it's not actually a review, it's just paid advertising.

^^^ It looks like it would be since you can see the small gap between the display base and the base of the armory, but I don't think the base adds much to the height since if you compare it to the top of the armory, it looks about the same thickness.

I really should have picked a cheaper hobby. Pre ordered this and boy is it going to set me back in the bank. Hope 1966 Batmobile does not come out till next year or at the least late 2014.

^^^ It looks like it would be since you can see the small gap between the display base and the base of the armory, but I don't think the base adds much to the height since if you compare it to the top of the armory, it looks about the same thickness.

Thanks for your thoughts on this, I am surprised that they wouldn't list it in the what's included section if it's a seperate piece. I really prefer the concrete base look to the blah gray nameplate one so it better come off :lecture :lol

I'm wondering if you can use the original DX from the dark Knight as the hanging suit. Just swap them out.

That's my plan. Throw the DX02 in the armory. Put the DX02 backpack and DX12 Bruce head on the DX12 with him holding the Selina empty mask. Finally use the new one as the full suited Batman.

Last edited:
That's my plan. Throw the DX02 in the armory. Put the DX02 backpack and DX12 Bruce head on the DX12 with him holding the Selina empty mask. Finally use the new one as the full suited Batman.

Nice I think I'll do the same I really like the DX02 but the rubber just kind of worries me a little

eventually it could split

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are detolfs dust-free?

No, but close enough. I dust them maybe once every three months and you still can't really see much dust in the mean-time unless you're looking hard.

I think their are ways to make them dust free but it seems time consuming.

The best and easiest way to make a Detolf (any cabinet) dust free, is to make the room dust free. ;) No carpeting gives you a big head start.

The best and easiest way to make a Detolf (any cabinet) dust free, is to make the room dust free. ;) No carpeting gives you a big head start.

This. I moved into a new apartment building back in OCT. and it's all hardwood floors.

I used to live in an old crappy house haha.

The dust difference is amazing, and my allergies love me :clap
But yeah, I'm a very clean person anyway so I don't get much dust beyond the normal amount everybody gives off.

Has anyone tried using narrow insulation stripping(the foam kind that is sticky on one side) on the edges of the door to seal the gaps that let dust in? I think if you got it narrow enough, like a 1/4 inch or less, it wouldn't be to noticeable and then you would never have to dust them again. If anyone has tried this, post some pics, I'm curious to see how it might look.

A lot of people use all manner of insulation. You can see it in the various Detolf threads. The most stealth approach is to use a clear vinyl strip, but it's difficult to find one at retail in the correct configuration - if you were buying in bulk, say a few thousand at a time, then it's easy to find them from shower parts suppliers and manufacturers.

But seriously, if people spent the same amount of time cleaning the room the Detolf is in as worrying about how to keep dust out, they wouldn't have a dust problem in the first place. Dust doesn't just spontaneously generate and it isn't in the air at all times either.

Back