1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Haha, there was a poll a long while back when the figures were first revealed. Much like the poll between Mech Test v2.0 & Mechanic Tony Stark. It's gotta be a few pages back.

I managed to snag a pre-order on this through BBTS last night. Is there any benefit to getting this through Sideshow instead though? I know there's a wait list.

^^^ How much did you pay? If it was $230, then you're good. If it was the $280 that BBTS has listed, then you paid an extra $50 but at least are ensured one. However, several people's waitlists have been converting for this recently.....

Wait, so the light-armor doesn't come with the black cape/poncho? Sorry if this was discussed already.

^^^^ Nope. Not sure why, but whatever.. LOL

I thought they should've switched the poncho & the broken rocks base, since Thor usually does his fighting in his armor and needs the poncho when he's sleeveless and cold... :lol

^^^^ Nope. Not sure why, but whatever.. LOL

I thought they should've switched the poncho & the broken rocks base, since Thor usually does his fighting in his armor and needs the poncho when he's sleeveless and cold... :lol

or it could have been a ploy to sell both, that's why I bought both, he only uses the poncho with his light armor and I'm assuming the rock base is supposed to be from when he's fighting in London, where he wears his full armor

^^^ How much did you pay? If it was $230, then you're good. If it was the $280 that BBTS has listed, then you paid an extra $50 but at least are ensured one. However, several people's waitlists have been converting for this recently.....

Yeah, it the $280 price darn it! I guess I can try the wait list also. Do you have to pay to get on the wait list? So far the only Hot Toys I've bought have been in the after market. I'm just now starting to pre-order the new stuff (been catching up on Iron Man suits).

^^^ The good thing is you could always cancel from BBTS w/o a cancellation fee. Someone must've cancelled theirs which is how you got yours since it's been SOLD OUT for a long time now. You don't have to pay to get on the waitlist. If it converts, you will be notified and in 48 hours, I think they will charge a deposit or something, but you can always cancel before then to avoid any fees. Cheers, and congrats!

Yeah, I'd stick with the Wait-List too. Especially because of all the recent conversions, which means there's probably going to be more.

I like how they based TDW Thor's costume on his modern comic look, but I love that the Asgardian Light Armor mixes both the old sleeveless costume from the comics with the new modern armored costume. Marvel should think about making this Thor's new look, even though I like the look he already has.

^^^ The good thing is you could always cancel from BBTS w/o a cancellation fee. Someone must've cancelled theirs which is how you got yours since it's been SOLD OUT for a long time now. You don't have to pay to get on the waitlist. If it converts, you will be notified and in 48 hours, I think they will charge a deposit or something, but you can always cancel before then to avoid any fees. Cheers, and congrats!

There is no NRD on this from SSC unless you buy 2 or more. So you can still cancel anytime before it ships just like BBTS.

^^^ Awesome. I keep forgetting their policy with waitlist items. I'm that guy who's always asking, LOL

I can't wait to get this figure. It'll be my first Marvel HT... my first flex payment is next month too. Ideally I'd want a closed mouth sculpt but I'm not complaining.

Back