1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the proto pics for each one his hair is different in different angled pics, so I think his hair is rubbery and can bend over his shoulders

^^^ :clap

Was just looking at the coming soon photo again, is it me or does it look like head sculpts on each are mirrored versions of each other, just the hair part that falls down to his shoulders...?

It's just PVC hair like all the figures have. Alice, Thor1, Luke Skywalker, Av Thor, etc.
Only Odin and Av Loki seem to have *hard* hair. The rest is mouldable to an extent.
The idea that a figure can only be posed with the hair/head pointing one direction is as crazy as the Mechanic/Wolverine ideas of painting the eyes pointing to one side, lol.

Thor with no sleeves looks so much better
IMO and more comic book accurate. Im glad they didn't do an elbow joint and covered it up like hulks.

Ok, I own none of those listed above, haha. Good to know though now that some figures have hair that's almost "poseable"

So, the options now are only try the wait list or pay those ridiculous prices on ebay, that's it?

Wow, seems people like the light armor version better by a long shot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This version is definitely the better version to get, not only for aesthetic reasons but also for rarity.. Doubt we will ever see another sleeveless Thor, but I assure you that there will be plenty more armored/sleeved versions.

I am part of the group the prefers the light armor looks. Glad my waitlist came through and have since canceled my order for the standard Thor.

Do a lot of collectors here collect for rarity? Or for investments? I see some that buy more than one figure for a character. Which is weird for me since I have no idea what to do with them lol. Having one of each is enough for me. Don't even get me started on those that leaves em in the box.

Some figures come w/ 2 heads and/or extra accessories that can be put together on a new figure, I'm thinking of DX13 and DX11 at the moment, so for those figures, it's nice to utilize both in a display rather than keep it in a box for some people, at least that's my reasoning. As for other figures I have duplicates of, it's for displays mostly, with or without dioramas. I like to have my figures standing in a pose, but I have my duplicates in a separately display recreating a scene or something because I like to play around with my toys, that's just personal preference.

Some figures come w/ 2 heads and/or extra accessories that can be put together on a new figure, I'm thinking of DX13 and DX11 at the moment, so for those figures, it's nice to utilize both in a display rather than keep it in a box for some people, at least that's my reasoning. As for other figures I have duplicates of, it's for displays mostly, with or without dioramas. I like to have my figures standing in a pose, but I have my duplicates in a separately display recreating a scene or something because I like to play around with my toys, that's just personal preference.

Ahhh.....so you have multiple displays of the figures? Cool. I do like dioramas, but they take up so much space lol. For me, I just swap out whatever I display every month or so. Change the pose, the accessories and anything else. And since I hate a cluttered or packed display, I usually keep them neat and clean. Maximum 3 figures per detolf space. And my OCD won't let me mix the characters from different universes. Ahahaha.

Do a lot of collectors here collect for rarity? Or for investments? I see some that buy more than one figure for a character. Which is weird for me since I have no idea what to do with them lol. Having one of each is enough for me. Don't even get me started on those that leaves em in the box.

I don't like having multiples either but in cases like cap and Thor where the costumes change and sculpts improve for the better I will end up with a couple. I will have multiple versions of Thor and cap. I have avengers Thor and now will have this version. Cap is a whole different issue for me, I will have 3 versions avengers, GA, and Stealth/rogers bundle. I will definitely part with 1 of them at some point because 3 of the same character is too much for my display even with the costume changes.

I don't like having multiples either but in cases like cap and Thor where the costumes change and sculpts improve for the better I will end up with a couple. I will have multiple versions of Thor and cap. I have avengers Thor and now will have this version. Cap is a whole different issue for me, I will have 3 versions avengers, GA, and Stealth/rogers bundle. I will definitely part with 1 of them at some point because 3 of the same character is too much for my display even with the costume changes.

Hahahaha yeah! Though some people who collect in a theme has some pretty awesome displays. Avengers Thor looked weird for me, so I skipped that. I only liked Nick Fury, Widow, and Loki from the Avengers line. I was thinking of getting Stealth Cap, but I have so much on preorder that I would definitely go way over my budget this year. Thor, Heartbreaker, and Raiden. Just grabbed Ezio BIB for $120. Slowly building up my collection.

People will always collect for rarity for their own collections or to flip for profit. Though, making significant profit from HT releases nowadays is almost extinct since even the 'exclusive' releases have thousands available worldwide.

Back