1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely the Thor I'm going to get. The arms with the sleeveless version just looks a little off to me. The sculpt on both is absolutely fantastic, though. I think HT finally made a decent looking Chris Hemsworth sculpt. I'm not too in love with the hair, but that's something I always have a problem with.

Both parts equally excited and miserable, since uni student budgets aren't made for this sort of collecting. ._.

I was thinking of giving this one a total miss.
But now i reckon i will buy both, and take the armoured body from this and clothe it with the Avengers costume so my Avengers Thor can finally have moveable arms.
Then i will take all the accessories this one has and put them with the other one and have the best of both worlds.
A plan with no drawbacks.

Hope they fix the top armor around the chest area... it shouldn't show that much of his underarmor there... it looks weird. The armor looks saggy. Meh, overall, it just didn't come out looking as nice as I hoped.

chris-hemsworth-thor-2-begins-filming-first-set-pics-01.jpg

Hope they fix the top armor around the chest area... it shouldn't show that much of his underarmor there... it looks weird. The armor looks saggy. Meh, overall, it just didn't come out looking as nice as I hoped.

Same for me.

The fact that the chainmail is too clear doesn't help.

My other big letdown is that he still wears no helmet (neither here nor in the movie). It would have looked great with that suit.

Still not sure if I'll get this figure...

After seeing the film i've decided i don't need any figures from it, looking the same for Cap 2 as well. Will go all in with GOTG and Avengers 2 tho.

Looks pretty good from this angle. It could do with a little less exposure, but I'm happy with it.
941310_10151696958652344_121863308_n.jpg

Thor-The-Dark-World-HD-Wallpaper_zpsb89bb8e6.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of the greatest 1/6 figures I have ever seen. The proportions, the outfit, the new arm design, the sculpt... Wow. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a better 1/6 scale portrait.

I may have to buy this despite not being a Marvel guy.

Like the Mark 4, this feels definitive for the character.

This is definitely the Thor I'm going to get. The arms with the sleeveless version just looks a little off to me. The sculpt on both is absolutely fantastic, though. I think HT finally made a decent looking Chris Hemsworth sculpt. I'm not too in love with the hair, but that's something I always have a problem with.

Both parts equally excited and miserable, since uni student budgets aren't made for this sort of collecting. ._.

Yep. Those arms are a deal breaker. This one easily wins.

Didn't have any idea what you were talking about until I saw Dino's pics below. The figure does appear to be wearing a tank top by comparison.

Still the overall impact of this figure is off the charts.

Looks pretty good from this angle. It could do with a little less exposure, but I'm happy with it.
941310_10151696958652344_121863308_n.jpg

Thor-The-Dark-World-HD-Wallpaper_zpsb89bb8e6.jpg

Look at how dark the under armor is near the chest in that screen cap. I bet a black wash over the figures armor would make it stand out a lot less.

Last edited:
Just noticed that the vest doesn't conform to his body shape making him looking somewhat off. I'm surprised no one seems to be concerned about the hair restricting his head movement. Can't look up for sure this one.

Back