1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

1381654_10151696958792344_1245806416_n.jpg

1379556_10151696958787344_180585298_n.jpg

1395800_10151696958772344_70420848_n.jpg

1380109_10151696958932344_667234156_n.jpg

So are most people happy with the likeness now?

just came back from the movie, it was awesome!
i'd say the armored version is better in the movie, very tempted to get this one...

Yep. Those arms are a deal breaker. This one easily wins.

Didn't have any idea what you were talking about until I saw Dino's pics below. The figure does appear to be wearing a tank top by comparison.

Still the overall impact of this figure is off the charts.

Look at how dark the under armor is near the chest in that screen cap. I bet a black wash over the figures armor would make it stand out a lot less.

He should be slightly blonder is the only thing I can say about this figure, the armor is fine, look at the comparison, on the screen shot his arm hangs alot lower.

How can you not be? It's not only the best Thor likeness so far but one of their (Hot Toys) best likeness' ever :lecture

I think it looks incredible.
Possibly the best Thor likeness we will get.
I reckon Coulson, Johann Schmidt and Storm Shadow are the best they have done to date(Just a personal preference).

It's great IMO. Not perfect, but great. By far the best Thor sculpt, and one of HT's best in a while.

Last edited:

How can you not be? It's not only the best Thor likeness so far but one of their (Hot Toys) best likeness' ever :lecture

I was not bashing the likeness, I am just saying so many people kept complaining about the likeness for Thor figures so I was wondering is this sculpt finally good enough for them?

I reckon Coulson, Johann Schmidt and Storm Shadow are the best they have done to date(Just a personal preference).

Yeah those are pretty much dead on, there is no mistaking who the actor is, it's like having a miniature version of the actor.

Yes. I don't own that one, but that smiling sculpt is pure Depp.

it's one of those figures where i'm not overly attached to the character, but absolutely love it as a representation of the character, it's just a brilliant item

the same applies to Mark 1, and when Spidey comes, i got a decision to make

What decision?

I decided that i'm only going to recycle figures now

since ahving a kid and buying a house, i can't afford to spend too much cash

i love spidey and don't have a figure, yet i have the Mark 1 because it looks cool and that's really the only reason, no special attachement

so when spidey comes i have to decide if i keep it in place of the mark 1 and the sell the mark 1

I decided that i'm only going to recycle figures now

since ahving a kid and buying a house, i can't afford to spend too much cash

i love spidey and don't have a figure, yet i have the Mark 1 because it looks cool and that's really the only reason, no special attachement

so when spidey comes i have to decide if i keep it in place of the mark 1 and the sell the mark 1

Well, now is a good time to be offloading the IM figures, with the HOA coming out.
I am not sure how big a market there will be for Spidey. Any people who want him might already have him on order.

Mags! What are you doing over here in the Marvel section?
Thread carefully they can be a funny bunch in here.

:lol

(especially Y4nK33 PL4N3T)

:lol

I got the email and saw the head sculpt. Had to come talk about it.

I will almost certainly get this figure if the movie is good. I like the character, and he could keep my Ironman Mark IV company on the shelf. :)

:exactly:

100% agree with these comments! I simply love this thing and can't wait for its release! It really has me hyped for the movie as well which is still almost a week away from me! :rock

Back