Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my sgt. barnes has been lost in the post :monkey2
possibly stolen, in which case i hope he's giving them 1/6 HELL :mad:

Hmmm, really? I feel ya pain man.

I just found out today (after many calls & a few visits to FedEx & AAE) that my Barnes has gone AWOL too.. Hope the mother ____ers that pinched him enjoy. :pfft:

Nope, Sideshow. First time that I've had a figure go missing in the post.

I think there's some kinda shenanigans afoot... This can't be coincidence, or could it. :panic:

:lol

ah, you're lucky then dude. SS will take care of you. i tried the HK post office. all they said to me was, "you talking about missing parcels? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about missing parcels? I'd like to hear about it, pothead." not helpful at all but it sounded familiar... like they were trying to tell me something.

ah, you're lucky then dude. SS will take care of you. i tried the HK post office. all they said to me was, "you talking about missing parcels? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about missing parcels? I'd like to hear about it, pothead." not helpful at all but it sounded familiar... like they were trying to tell me something.

:rotfl Excellent use of film quote!

However my sympathies to the 2 guys whose figures have gone missing. WTF :gah: I hope you get a speedy resolution.

Any tips for gearing up the figure after the flak vest has gone on? ..i find it really difficult getting the harness to fit around his waist now due to the bulkiness of the flak vest.

This is for Chris.T so you know..have yet to get barnes:(

Any tips for gearing up the figure after the flak vest has gone on? ..i find it really difficult getting the harness to fit around his waist now due to the bulkiness of the flak vest.

This is for Chris.T so you know..have yet to get barnes:(

you are going to have to let the belt out some. it's a pain too. careful pushing the clips over the grommets.

well i dove in & dyed barne's outfit..........pretty much everything. its a few shades greener than the original and i think it came out fairly well. please excuse the funky poses...........they are for illustration purposes only.
HPIM0932.jpg

HPIM0933.jpg

HPIM0934.jpg

HPIM0935.jpg

HPIM0936.jpg

HPIM0938.jpg

my barnes outfit was almost identically colored as taylor's so it gives you a good comparison. and i know we shouldn't have to do these type things at these prices but eh........whatever. sooooooooo...........better?......worst?.......waste of time?........:lol

I see green - in a photograph - for once! Definitely not a waste of time.

:lol.................i did every piece on him except his shirt & bandana. but helmet, belts, gear.........all dyed. i like it. i guess now its on to taylor.

you are going to have to let the belt out some. it's a pain too. careful pushing the clips over the grommets.

well i dove in & dyed barne's outfit..........pretty much everything. its a few shades greener than the original and i think it came out fairly well. please excuse the funky poses...........they are for illustration purposes only.
HPIM0932.jpg

HPIM0933.jpg

HPIM0934.jpg

HPIM0935.jpg

HPIM0936.jpg

HPIM0938.jpg

my barnes outfit was almost identically colored as taylor's so it gives you a good comparison. and i know we shouldn't have to do these type things at these prices but eh........whatever. sooooooooo...........better?......worst?.......waste of time?........:lol

:clap THAT's the STYLE, BARRYO! THAT's the STYLE!!!!!!:clap

Looks so much better. Gonna get some dye and get it right like this :yess:

It does look much better dude. I need to dye the flak vest I got.......the difference between it and the uniform is starting to bother me.

:clap THAT's the STYLE, BARRYO! THAT's the STYLE!!!!!!:clap

Looks so much better. Gonna get some dye and get it right like this :yess:
thanks TK.........im liking it more and more
It does look much better dude. I need to dye the flak vest I got.......the difference between it and the uniform is starting to bother me.
yea, im dying mine now........but it's nylon so i dont have real high hopes of it setting in but.......time will tell.
What's a good dye to use? I've never really dyed anything before.

i used Rit............liquid kelly green, a box/powder of golden yellow, and a couple of drops of liquid navy blue. i started with a reg spoon full of the liquid green (i think liquid is more potent)......then added a spoon of the yellow to 2 cups of hot water. i actually had to add some more yellow as i went and played with the proportions on test strips until i thought i had it about right. and only soaked it for a few minutes. then rinsed. so if it comes out real dark looking the rinse will tone it down some. but definitely test along the way. i think i just got lucky..........:)

i used Rit............liquid kelly green, a box/powder of golden yellow, and a couple of drops of liquid navy blue. i started with a reg spoon full of the liquid green (i think liquid is more potent)......then added a spoon of the yellow to 2 cups of hot water. i actually had to add some more yellow as i went and played with the proportions on test strips until i thought i had it about right. and only soaked it for a few minutes. then rinsed. so if it comes out real dark looking the rinse will tone it down some. but definitely test along the way. i think i just got lucky..........:)

Thanks man, might stop by the store tomorrow and give it a try

alrighty............got to taylor & barnes flak jacket. i wound up going a bit darker green for taylor seeing how he was the FNG and his camos would have been newer/greener. i just added a skosh more green into the pot i had made already.
col3.jpg

col1.jpg

col2.jpg

and for barnes jacket.........i lightly scuffed with sandpaper to hopefully get the dye to adhere and give it a bit of a battle damaged look.
col4.jpg

col5.jpg

col6.jpg

im back and forth on whether i like the flak jacket but it did seem to knock off a wee bit of the shine and take some dye so i will leave it for now. the only thing i may do next is heighten barnes some. in a day or two im going to water treat them again & give them a proper futzing & down the road i may start griming them up a bit.

Looks good barryo. Vest seems bit blueish in those pics though, still better than before.

Well, I had to go down to the post office to pick up an EMS package this arvo & guess what had been sitting there for the last few days... Barnes!! I don't have any idea where the box was for the last few weeks, but he's finally turned up so I'm pretty happy right now. :yess: I had completely given up finding him last night, so this is a nice way to start off the weekend.

I still wanna know what happened though, with the time gap & why he got dropped off at the post office instead of delivered to the door.

I was curious about dying the fatigues. Nice work. I wonder if one could just use the kelly green and not the other colors?

Back