Hot Toys MMS 141 - Platoon - Sergeant Barnes official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sure hope the barnes i ordered is green & not doodoo brown..........:monkey4

not that a bath of rit green dye wouldnt fix it but i'd really rather not have to do that................:mad:

and i've been looking high & low for a flak vest (without having to buy a whole figure) to no avail.:mad::mad:

Not positive but I think the vest comes from DML.

I was able to pick one of these up a WHILE back. Totally regret not getting the whole set while I had the chance:slap Echo Base had them a few years ago:thud: Not sure if it's the exact vest, but it looks pretty close to what was used . . . . . .

TS_M1969_Vest.jpg

TS_M1969_Vest2.jpg

Toy_Soldier_M1969_Vest.jpg

Can't wait to use it on this figure . . . . . . still waiting:gah:

Is his uniform brown?

It is the light of the photos. Depends on the light has a different shade of green but not brown. But the uniform color tone does not become a green so intense as in the movie.

Anyway it's a minor detail. Both this figure like Taylor are amazing, the resemblance is 10 and are the only figures I have from Hot toys that any light affect the likeness :clap

I was able to pick one of these up a WHILE back. Totally regret not getting the whole set while I had the chance:slap Echo Base had them a few years ago:thud: Not sure if it's the exact vest, but it looks pretty close to what was used . . . . . .

TS_M1969_Vest.jpg

TS_M1969_Vest2.jpg

Toy_Soldier_M1969_Vest.jpg

Can't wait to use it on this figure . . . . . . still waiting:gah:

ok i called them on these ... they said they have been sold out for 5 years ... why the hell do they not take them off there web site ...

....I cancelled, I didn't want to cancel but I did because the money situation took another turn for the worse and theres other things that are more important to me. One day I'm "Aw phew, well done on cancelling" the next I'm "Noooooo what have I done?!! Look at that ___king likeness, this guy is reality!!" I see the price is already gone up on Toys2 and they're down to 9.
Does anyone reckon I'll be able to get this guy MIB later on down the road? :(

Well with HT, if I have the funds my rule is "buy now, regret later".

Even with other brands like DiD or Soldier Story, I don't want to wait too long or else the only options are overseas sellers where the price and the shipping could end up being a real killer. It's pretty disheartening when your only option is eBay and you're stuck paying the HK sellers' premiums plus their $30-$40 shipping fees. :(

Well with HT, if I have the funds my rule is "buy now, regret later".

Even with other brands like DiD or Soldier Story, I don't want to wait too long or else the only options are overseas sellers where the price and the shipping could end up being a real killer. It's pretty disheartening when your only option is eBay and you're stuck paying the HK sellers' premiums plus their $30-$40 shipping fees. :(

Viking has this for $131 thats a great price right now

That pic sells it...and its not even a pic of the figure itself. It doesn't need to be though because I know the figure is dead-on.

yea, im pretty damn picky about what i purchase in the first place so i have a tough time when i feel like i need to cancel something.............but no way in hell is barnes getting axed..............:lecture

from what i've seen so far, he looks like he will rank up at the top with hot toys best sculpts.

Back