Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone interested these have been on ebay for the past couple weeks selling like hot cakes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Hot-1-6-Terminator-2-T-800-head-Sculpt-Arnold-for-12-figure-body-toy-/261011201871?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cc57adf4f

Yeah, they are a recast but they look pretty good. They were $50 now they are $55.I actually managed to score a real one for $60 shipped 2 days ago. For a while they were putting them up 2 at a time and the next day they would be gone, now it doesn't show a limit.The same store has a bunch of recasts; Stallone(Expendables), Mr.Bean etc.

Just got the m79. How do you loop the stupid strap through those adjusters? They could have at least given you a better picture so I could figure it out.

edit: Never mind, I got it.

Last edited:
If memory serves I don't think I ever figured that out properly, so I just went and bought the one that came with the Comedian.

Been trying to get that Comedian M79 since an eon now! :(

I love the grenade launcher and the bandolier that comes with the Comedian. They're so expensive though. I think I saw the m79 for close to $60. I wish I had a different strap for the coomodel version. I got it set up right but I don't like the way it looks, the weapons itself is nice.

Anyway, I asked Maulfan and he can't remember where he got his bigger rounds. So he told me to post the pic here because he believes others bought the same ones. So does anyone know where I can find these particular rounds?

Terminatorbigrounds.jpg

Yeah I probably paid some silly price for the Comedian's M79 during my big overspend of 2011.

And Fiend - sure enough war-toys

https://www.war-toys.com/search.aspx?find=rounds

I believe any one of those round-tipped grenades will do.

Not if going for the size of mine, I don't think any on that page will work. I checked wiki and true M79 grenades are 40mm it said, and those are all 44mm, I think you'll end up with grenades as small as the Coomodel ones with those.

Hopefully someone can remember the exact name of the ones I have, I bought 3 types of grenades before them all about the same size, there seems only one type out there big enough.

Just going on memory I bought different ones from different sources and they all ended up being the same type and size of grenade even if they weren't called exactly the same thing. And to me apart from the pointier tipped ones, which I think I might have a sample of - must check - all the grenades at that link look like what I have and what you have.

Just going on memory I bought different ones from different sources and they all ended up being the same type and size of grenade even if they weren't called exactly the same thing. And to me apart from the pointier tipped ones, which I think I might have a sample of - must check - all the grenades at that link look like what I have and what you have.

The problem is, they all kind of look alike. Here are all the ones I've ever bought, far left being actual M79.

G.jpg

Note, the big one looks pretty much identical to the middle of the small ones.

I think this one at War-Toys is the smaller one.

https://www.war-toys.com/usarmyfcstestingteamtfversion-40mmround.aspx

And all of those 40mm shells will be the small size.

OK just checked what I have. I did buy one of the pointy tipped grenades just to see what it looked like in person - its a little bigger and nicer looking than the COOmodels one but in any case not what you want if you're trying to match Maulfan's pic.

I definitely bought 10 of a certain grenade from wartoys but prior to wartoys coming to my attention had also ordered what I think were M203 bullets on ebay - these were sold in pairs and each grenade came with a little beige pouch. The difference between those and whatever I bought on wartoys is miniscule. I mean I think theres a difference but it requires intense scrutiny - the wartoys grenade might be very very slightly bulkier. In other words both work fine on the figure.

Anyway I looked through the old exported favourites list from my previous laptop before it died and this is the particular link I had saved

https://www.war-toys.com/usarmyfcstestingteamtfversion-40mmround.aspx

edit - which is the very one Maulfan is ruling out! Let me look through the old favourites list again....

Back