Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks perfect when you see him in the "flesh". I don't think anyone is going to do anything as good anytime soon. the whole squished face argument is just stupid when you actually look at the figure from different angles. It might look squished from a certain angle, but overall it just doesn't. Any artists in this thread? Let discuss how good the figure is.

I have never noticed anything like a 'squished face' with this figure. But I bought the figure before I signed up with SSF and started reading about this sort of stuff, and I have posed him from day one in his sunglasses. There is something to be said for not having an eagle eye for detail and not frequenting these freakin' boards where so many people nitpick and point out a figure's short comings :)

I have never noticed anything like a 'squished face' with this figure. But I bought the figure before I signed up with SSF and started reading about this sort of stuff, and I have posed him from day one in his sunglasses. There is something to be said for not having an eagle eye for detail and not frequenting these freakin' boards where so many people nitpick and point out a figure's short comings :)

You're right. I stopped frequenting the DC section for a long time there because of the Joker and Batman replacement project insanity. But around here its a different story. I'm the nutjob obsessive here, so accordingly I've started to try to show a bit more respect for my DC brethren despite not sharing their particular fixations. Having said that I love the ___k out of these figures. With the amount of them I've bought no one could say otherwise just because I pick the occasional nit. Well they could try but they'd be very very wrong and I'd laugh in their face.

Last edited:
I've had this for a couple of weeks but until yesterday I had only my crappy phone camera so didn't post pics. This is Cregcustoms T2 BD T-800 which he sold to me :yess: I'm very lucky to have this especially if HT have officially finished with this line.

CregcustomsBDT-8003.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8002.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8004.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8005.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8006.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8007.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8008.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-8009.jpg

CregcustomsBDT-80010.jpg

that's a truly fantastic custom. congrats on owning it
if only the head were ht instead of neca, but still it looks superb!:clap

Thanks. The NECA head isn't a seamless fit to the HT neck but I do like the sculpt. I love the chrome paint Dean gave it - thats something I don't see HT doing.

Thanks. The NECA head isn't a seamless fit to the HT neck but I do like the sculpt. I love the chrome paint Dean gave it - thats something I don't see HT doing.

i agree. the chrome endoskull with the red eye look stunning, it's just the neca skin texture looks less realistic than ht's imo

I actually love the eyes, I think they're dead-on Arnie. For me the squashed face thing is the problem and it maybe makes the eyes look too far apart even though they probably aren't. I think if the face were just a smidge longer the head would overall be in better proportion to the body aswell. I also would have chosen to go with slightly longer hair. So the head isn't perfect to my eyes but as Maulfan said, there may be technical issues, but the likeness is definitely there.

I think this is it. The eyes themselves are great, its the distance I believe. Personally I love the sculpt but there is something off as others say but I cant quite put my finger on it. I think I used the wrong words in my earlier post, yes the likeness is definetely there, its the proportions.

CregcustomsBDT-8003.jpg

:rock Alright!! Good for you a-dev. Looks pretty sweet, I didnt even know he was done! How are you gonna display him? Maybe the one pic where they are shaking hands?

i agree. the chrome endoskull with the red eye look stunning, it's just the neca skin texture looks less realistic than ht's imo

Ah the skin texture. Yeah theres no denying that, its a fact not just your opinion.

CregcustomsBDT-8003.jpg

:rock Alright!! Good for you a-dev. Looks pretty sweet, I didnt even know he was done! How are you gonna display him? Maybe the one pic where they are shaking hands?

Cheers Fiend! I'll probably either have him standalone or shaking hands with Sarah Connor. The only interraction he has with the T-1000 while in this state of disrepair is when he's crawling along the ground and T-1000 impales him through the floor but that wouldn't show off this figure very well. However if HT make an official one the impaling scene is defintely one I want to recreate.

Very cool a-dev. You deserve that figure man.

I blush, thank you very much Platty, I appreciate it. :1-1:

Goddamn, A-Dev...that commision from Dean was for you?!
I envy you, my friend.
Cheers.
:duff

It wasn't a commission, just something he decided to make and I was quick enough on the draw to offer my money for it. He's a genius customiser, I've loved his past work so I went for it.

some more

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

Good stuff hhhaney. These figures are immense fun to try to recreate movie scenes.

It wasn't a commission, just something he decided to make and I was quick enough on the draw to offer my money for it. He's a genius customiser, I've loved his past work so I went for it.

Ah, I see. Nevertheless a great, great haul.
Like Rob said, you deserve it, good T-Fans always do.
;-)

Back