Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was when I took the jacket off for the first time. Put it back on and couldn't see it. The 2 near the jacket lapels.

Impossible to find as well

Ended up replacing it with one from the belt which you couldn't see.

On my 2nd figure though they haven't fell out yet and don't look like they will either!

It's nothing to worry about though man, just keep your eye on them!

sorry to badger you and everyone else, but can someone please count the total of lapels on the jacket because I want to make sure the one I get has all of them and aren't missing any thanks!

I'm sure you guys have seen this! too many pages for me to check to see if its been posted!!

60851_445789994584_329989274584_5070875_5173150_n.jpg

60851_445790004584_329989274584_5070877_976271_n.jpg

After hearing the button stories, I took my sweet time taking the jacket off. I think I even sweated a little the first time.

After hearing the button stories, I took my sweet time taking the jacket off. I think I even sweated a little the first time.

any tips/suggestions? boy taking the jacket off just to swap endoarm might be the most difficult task yet

It's been a while, but here's what I remember.

I took off both hands. I bent back both arms behind him in a parallel position. I slowly pulled on both sleeves with both hands grabbing them and my index finger lightly hooking on the openings of his jacket (all simultaneously). Just be careful not to stress areas where his buttons are too much.

thanks dominishin, it's very helpful.

have any of you tried gluing the lapels buttons yet, I'm thinking of using that before I take the jacket off but don't know if a) the glue would even work b) if there would any adverse effects, like discoloring the black part of the jacket.

I wouldn't worry too much about them TBH, I mean my second figure hasn't even looked like they would pull out with force nevermind fall out on their own. If you get a figure which has loose lapels, worry about it when it when the time comes, not before hand! It won't take anything away from the figure when you get him, it is amazing. You will be chuffed with it mate!

There's not really much to look out for with him. He is as steady as a rock!

I wouldn't worry too much about them TBH, I mean my second figure hasn't even looked like they would pull out with force nevermind fall out on their own. If you get a figure which has loose lapels, worry about it when it when the time comes, not before hand! It won't take anything away from the figure when you get him, it is amazing. You will be chuffed with it mate!

There's not really much to look out for with him. He is as steady as a rock!

thanks Platty, is there a way to test how tightly the lapels are glued on would you recommend gently flicking them with the tip of the fingernail to see if they move or not? I'm just wondering if the material of the lapel is not compatible with gluing to the jacket, and no glue out there would be able to keep them sturdy on. will this still be an issue with other T-800's in the future (battle damaged, cyberdyne if they are made)

The replacement for lost buttons are called hot fix nailheads or nail heads. They are all over ebay but the trade off is you'd have to buy about a 12 dozen pack (less than $4 last time I checked). I was lucky enough to email a seller and had them send me a sample in silver 2mm and 2.5mm sizes free of charge. They sent me a small handful of each and it looks like 2mm is the size to get they are applied with a heat source like an iron but i guess you could also dab a tiny speck of sup glue on it. HT was willing to exchange my jacket when I lost one of the buttons but I wasn't into paying for international priority mail and waiting who knows how long without exhausting my other options and it worked out for me!

thanks zidane for the update, was waiting to hear back with your situation and Hot Toys. how much was the shipping if we may ask? thanks!

do you also happen to know what are the buttons called that have the holes in them, that are mostly on the back of the jacket? thanks!

Thanks for the tip Zid. I havent had any problem with mine yet (knock on wood) but if I do I'll know what to look for. The funny thing to me is how even the prototype pics are missing a button on the right top lapel. I guess even Hot Toys has this problem :lol

Back