Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are many actors that could pull off Aldo Raine and nail every aspect of the character but, i think Arnold was born to be the Terminator and no one else could make it look/work any better.

I think there are many actors that could pull off Aldo Raine and nail every aspect of the character but, i think Arnold was born to be the Terminator and no one else could make it look/work any better.

Yeah but I think with T3 even Arnie lost touch with what made his T-800 great in the first and second films. Some criticise the T-800 in T2 but I find his behaviour entirely plausible given the circumstances. To me its just a matter of which you prefer to watch - T-800 as pursuer or T-800 as protector. In T3 it was all a joke and he went along with it.

I disagree. Brad Pitt made that character. Anyone else would have done it differently, and the character would have been fundamentally different. Even Tarantino said that he had something completely different in mind when, for instance, he was butchering Italian in the theater. But when Pitt took over and did his own thing, it worked for him. I'm not saying that anyone could replace Arnold, but I think Pitt deserves his due. A great performance, IMO.

i really hope Toys2 has this in tomorrow or at least early next week, dying to get this one though, i think i may still favor Aldo Raine over him, at least the sculpt but, not the over all love for the character between the two.

Well looks like it is in the country but ain't going to clear on time to get into our hands by tomorrow :( BUT MONDAY !!!!

Oh yea?, were you talking to Eric today?.

I need to get this and maybe Erwin Konig or, may scrap the Nazi and pick up DX Batman from a local comic shop, though i am on the fence about getting any more TDK stuff.

Yeah but I think with T3 even Arnie lost touch with what made his T-800 great in the first and second films. Some criticise the T-800 in T2 but I find his behaviour entirely plausible given the circumstances. To me its just a matter of which you prefer to watch - T-800 as pursuer or T-800 as protector. In T3 it was all a joke and he went along with it.

I put most of the fault on the director of T3 not being James Cameron.

I put most of the fault on the director of T3 not being James Cameron.

I wonder if Cameron made a new Terminator film now would it have a power ballad in the end credits? Seems to be his thing now. j/k. You're right though if Cameron had wanted to make another Terminator film and had an idea that he knew would be worthwhile it would almost certainly be better than anything anyone else could make.

I wonder if Cameron made a new Terminator film now would it have a power ballad in the end credits? Seems to be his thing now. j/k. You're right though if Cameron had wanted to make another Terminator film and had an idea that he knew would be worthwhile it would almost certainly be better than anything anyone else could make.

Cameron busted a John Carpenter and passed. Good for him imo ............. at least in this day and age you still have a tad bit of honor to the art of film over the financial gain. A great film maker knows when to step aside before it gets ugly.

Cameron busted a John Carpenter and passed. Good for him imo ............. at least in this day and age you still have a tad bit of honor to the art of film over the financial gain. A great film maker knows when to step aside before it gets ugly.

Then how do explain the battle across time? :lol

Cameron didn't do anything for more then 10 years (except a tv series) because he was so successful with Titanic. My point is that he may have done T3 if it was made now, but back in 2002 he wasn't interested in returning to film quite yet.

No, he just made this film called Avatar that he knew would make even more money. And then made the film 3D so that movie goers would have to spend an extra $10 to rent a set of disgustingly re-used glasses just to see it. Nah, he's not about money. :lol

Well with film making comes money :exactly:

He passed up on T3 .......... thats all there is to it. Everything else doesn't matter. My point is still made. I don't even care for the guy ............. aside from making 2 of my favorite sci-fi movies he's not even one of my top 5 favorite directors.

In all fairness I suppose my comment to the "art" of film was better fit to John Carpenter. That is, looking at Cameron today ............. after Titanic and Avatar.

Mine will be here on the 1st! Cant wait! Now all I need is DX-03 MJ and I'll be a happy man! Hot Toys has capitalized on my childhood this year! Damn them!

No, he just made this film called Avatar that he knew would make even more money. And then made the film 3D so that movie goers would have to spend an extra $10 to rent a set of disgustingly re-used glasses just to see it. Nah, he's not about money. :lol

:lol With 3D movie I just use my 3D glasses that I saved and buy the 2D ticket and walk into the 3D one.

I can't help but think James Cameron will be the first person to ever make a billion dollar film. T2 was the first over 100 million and Avatar was in the 500 million range wasn't it? Give him time. He'll come up with something crazy in 10 or 20 years and make 10 billion off of it :lol

I can't help but think James Cameron will be the first person to ever make a billion dollar film.

Titanic grossed over a billion world wide.
Avatar grossed over 2.6 billion world wide. He's done it. Now if he can manage a billion from the states alone, that would be something.

Titanic grossed over a billion world wide.
Avatar grossed over 2.6 billion world wide. He's done it. Now if he can manage a billion from the states alone, that would be something.

I'm pretty sure BM meant a film that costs a billion dollars to make.

Yeah, I meant the cost of the film. Not the gross.

But think about it. Its possible isn't it? I mean 100 million is a lot for a film. 500 million is a ton for a film. But a billion? It was what, roughly 20 years between T2 and avatar. Imagine what a film will cost in another 20!

Back