Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wide-open eyes would work for some parts of the film - I'm pretty sure he opens his eyes very wide when hes getting back up off the ground after Reese knocks him down with the shotgun...or I think in the parking lot when he finds them he suddenly goes big-eyed before blasting away with his own shotgun. Mostly though hes squinty eyed in T1. I hope HT knows to not give him so many frown lines and facial lines generally for T1 however.

He's pretty much squinty in T1 and T2, he has his moments, but I find that a bit of a T-800 trademark, the squinted eyes with that sort of pouty look he makes with his mouth.

I'd certainly be interested in them doing PERS for T1 - surely theres no reason they have to have such big eyeholes on figures with this feature.

Oh there's nothing about the opening that has anything to do with PERS working, it's just a matter of how much a collecto can gain from being able to change the position of iris, the more open, the more places to move it to and configurations you can come up with. On squinty eyes, you have less you can do with that function.

Speaking for myself, I know I'm mainly concerned with the left to right versatility, not so much the up and down.

Speaking for myself, I know I'm mainly concerned with the left to right versatility, not so much the up and down.

Yeah, that's true. I wouldn't mind if they only went left and right. He did alot of that in the film.

Are you thining in terms of being able to be posed way off to either side like his scanning motion looking for Kyle and Sarah, or also how open his eyes were?

Exactly. That was such a key aspect Arnold added to the character that, again, I feel this would be one of the few (IMO the only to date) that actually makes sense as a "DX" offering complete with PERS.

Does anyone knows where I can get the 1/6th scaled Gattling gun set and granade launcher etc for this fig?

Which we all know would be perfectly fine for the T-800 - would we be wrong to presume that Hot Toys should also know this?

Not necessarily, they may figure collectors want more "play" fun out of moving PERS all over vs. making the whole portrait proper for the character. PERS can be cool, but it's not for every character.

Exactly. That was such a key aspect Arnold added to the character that, again, I feel this would be one of the few (IMO the only to date) that actually makes sense as a "DX" offering complete with PERS.

It'd be cool to have with T-800, but of the DX figures to date, I'd say Joker is the most appropriate character to use PERS on, like Depp as Sparrow, Ledger made a lot of performance with his eyes.

The T-800 would be nice, but half the effect from the movie is the motion, if there were some way to rig the PERS so that with the flick of a switch, the eyes would just move side to side, that'd be awesome.

When do you guys think they will show pics of the t-1000? I thought for sure we would of saw a teaser pic by now.

I'm thinking, because of timing, T-1000 and/or the next T-800 will be reserved for Comic Con reveals, it gives Sideshow something alluring to put up in the booth, it lets HT push Iron Man 2 for now, benefits both companies, and in the end, fans are so pumped for these figures, there's no rush to cash in on any film hype to sell them, the hype's there and not going anywhere.

You can use it, but the Redfield Gatling isn't quite right for Terminator.

4126432_gal.jpg

It'd work just fine.

so guys when do you think u.s retailers will have this in stock? End of may?

Back