Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm looking for this guy but the price on ebay is almost crazy, i live in Italy, anyone who can sells for a honest price?

Not gonna read through the last 100 pages, anyone kind enough to give me an overview over the cons and what poses are fine on the figure please?

Cons...accuracy...overall shape over head, feet, and details are amiss...like the vertebrae, skull, ribbing/ bone details...comes off as an interpretation mostly, (head seems kinda like an animal and the human qualities are somewhat lacking...but it's solidly built...

Ironically the medicom looks more accurate, though less realistic in the paint details...and the Hot Toys' material is better quality / durable than medicom

Static poses befit this one best, you can try the stoop pose ...that seems to look alright with this figure...

I finally got all my Alien crew together.

734925b6-9fa3-49b7-ad34-c7d37db6ea3d_zpsed07e4f7.jpg

DSC_0154_zps3c329f84.jpg

Cons...accuracy...overall shape over head, feet, and details are amiss...like the vertebrae, skull, ribbing/ bone details...comes off as an interpretation mostly, (head seems kinda like an animal and the human qualities are somewhat lacking...but it's solidly built...

Ironically the medicom looks more accurate, though less realistic in the paint details...and the Hot Toys' material is better quality / durable than medicom

Static poses befit this one best, you can try the stoop pose ...that seems to look alright with this figure...

I got both...and I agree that the Medicom one is way more accurate. The paint on the medicom is less exciting and I think the biggest complaint is that it's a 12 inch figure, but not in 1/6 scale.

I have to say overall I like the Medicom better just because of the accuracy so it would be the one I'd keep if I had to choose, even though I paid way more for the HT.

Nice Ripley Kara. Is that a Snyderman sculpt?

I was gonna buy a custom Ripley off Elvis1976, in fact I actually did, but opted to transfer my payment for it over to the frozen T-1000 that he did for me. I decided it would be better in the home of an Alien obsessive.

Another day, Another haul.

Hot Toys Big Chap.

Great figure, reasonable posable, which I didn't expect.
Had a bit of a hard time getting his "tongue" out, seems he just doesn't want to make out on the first date wink-emoticon

Can't wait for the new Ripley to come out, and please Hot Toys don't you dare to announce a Big Chap 2.0 right about now! ;p

Got a question, I think I saw a thread or a post somewhere that someoe made their (Warrior/Dog?) Alien shine again.
What was it called and did someone else use it aswell?

I remember the Dog alien lost all that sheen during the assembly process because the ****ing leg was so hard to get on. A figure never transitioned from 'mint' to 'well used' as quickly as that one did.

I used a regular brush with soft head/bristles. I did the whole figure minus the transparent dome. It doesn't restrict the figure. Actually, the rubber feels soft and moisturized to the touch after applying it. Can't describe it exactly but you'll feel it for yourself. :)

I used a regular brush with soft head/bristles. I did the whole figure minus the transparent dome. It doesn't restrict the figure. Actually, the rubber feels soft and moisturized to the touch after applying it. Can't describe it exactly but you'll feel it for yourself. :)

Sounds great!, as soon as I get the supplies I am gonna try this on my own Big Chap!

Modge Podge, I knew it. That's what everyone was using on the ED-209 rubber dome to prevent it from cracking and deteriorating.

Back