Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm personally very happy to have more of a John Romita, Sr.-styled Spidey here, as that is the iconic Spider-Man to me. In fact, one reason I don't care for any of the Sideshow Spidey Comiquettes/PFs is because of the large eyes. I plan on eventually (if/when I ever find the time) selling mine for just that reason. Because otherwise I love it.

Well, I'm personally very happy to have more of a John Romita, Sr.-styled Spidey here, as that is the iconic Spider-Man to me. In fact, one reason I don't care for any of the Sideshow Spidey Comiquettes/PFs is because of the large eyes. I plan on eventually (if/when I ever find the time) selling mine for just that reason. Because otherwise I love it.
I love both, but I'll choose Romita Sr. over McFarlane any day.

I'd pick Romita as well but having the option of McFarlane eyes would be great. Zero reason for anyone to want them to re-sell the figure for just a new pair of eye pieces when it can just be included with this.

I'd pick Romita as well but having the option of McFarlane eyes would be great. Zero reason for anyone to want them to re-sell the figure for just a new pair of eye pieces when it can just be included with this.

I think, ideally it should come with multiple head options, with the various artists renditions (Mcfarlane, Romita, Ditko, etc.)

So this begs the question why are there no 3rd party companies selling replacement eyes in all the different artist styles,seems like there's some money to be made.

They cant just sell replacement eyes because the head molds are made to fit specific lenses. Now if they were to just make their own masked headsculpts, that could work but at that point they'd also be limited to just one lens per sculpt

looks like blogger photos are out

273473286_10158461351672344_6759854169648281500_n.png

I get why they made it that way but the extra baggy material ruins it for me.

There’s some good with this figure no doubt it is classic after all but a real shame with those folds.

Yep was like that when it was revealed. I think it is simply for posing.
Yeah was hoping it would be as bad but oh well. I've got two on order,one will be going through some serious extended period poses and I guess I'll have to experiment with the suit. Either way I'll love these figures,glad to finally be getting the classic suit.

Yeah that stitching kind of sucks on the side. From the front doesn't look baggy:

Screenshot 2022-02-06 230759.jpg

But when you start posing:

1644210683905.png

Back