1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom - Venomized Iron Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current Venom comics are so damn popular it?s no surprise Marvel is wanting as much venom merch as possible. But why not an actual venom 🤬

Lol 300 for this? Damn what?s with those stupid spider legs poking out. That?s so weird

Every time I see one of these get revealed

JitteryGreatGeese-size_restricted.gif

The current Venom comics are so damn popular it?s no surprise Marvel is wanting as much venom merch as possible. But why not an actual venom 🤬

Or why not the actual cool design for this from Maximum Venom at least..?

He looks big so the price isn't all that shocking. Not to mention most of this is just a one time mold that they can't really reuse at all.

118993583_703806420207197_2452302253358282788_o.jpg

119075273_348356386340721_3074120627235788734_n.jpg

118946822_348356786340681_6853868082706995852_n.jpg

119058054_348356619674031_6734727230048011946_n.jpg

119120558_348356889674004_2877165835252323498_n.jpg

Last edited:
Both Funko and Hasbro have "venomized" lines, someone must be buying them

maxresdefault.jpg

spider-man-maximum-venom-venomized-funko-pop-vinyl-figure-popcultcha-bundle.1578188438_1390x.png

These items are all dropping at the same time. Nobody even knows the source material, Spider-Man Maximum Venom? This is some push by Marvel. Hot Toys can't be that dumb. They know how many, or how few, preorders they've gotten for Venompool. This thing somehow manages to look worse and probably worse articulation.

With so many other teased figures as well as vocalized fan favorites, its strange to announce a figure no one asked for with no real fan appeal.

Probably like the Spider-Man line, get the less known versions out in front, the classics can wait as they will sell no matter what

This seems to have no ab articulation, is that right? I agree this is a ploy to get the less known versions up front and then get the good stuff rolling later. Although the big test is that the Funcos and smaller figures are nowhere near this price point so will the sales translate?

Crap like this is why I?m getting out of hot toys. They are taking it in the butt from Disney and a making dumb crap like this. People have wanted them to finish the Batman returns like for YEARS. but nope. They do this. And 5 million Star Wars troopers that all look the same with 2 seconds of screen time.
I?m unusually a nice person like 75% of the time, so if anyone here buys this, f you. For real. Donate that money to a charity. Help people affected by covid-19 or the wild fires in California and Oregon.
DON?T BUY THIS JUNK!

I figured that the EG line would be the last HT figures I would want and they seem to be going out of their way to reinforce that thought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep, I am done with Hot Toys after the EG line. Their quality level and improvements in engineering have stalled a bit - and in some cases of taken a step back due to the volume of products they are cranking out. Moving onto statues - especially with companies that still focus on getting every piece as good as possible.

Yep, I am done with Hot Toys after the EG line. Their quality level and improvements in engineering have stalled a bit - and it some cases of taken a step back due to the volume of products they are cranking out. Moving onto statues - especially with companies that still focus on getting every piece as good as possible.

They do appear to have plateaued on some fronts, while cutting a few corners here and there. While taken as a whole their products have vastly improved, I don't think they're quite what they used to be, all histrionics aside. I think individual releases here and there will continue to have the wow factor, but that cookie-cutter approach will creep into most of their lines.

I lost hope in hot toys in like 2010 when they releasing iron man day after day. Still there are some guys who are rushing for them to do there fav figure or license. That?s not happening anymore

I'm sorry, but I hope there are next to ZERO sales for this POS. Hot Toys needs a wake-up call.

Cue broken record... why not an ACTUAL VENOM!?!
Where are the preorders for VGM Original Spider-Man? White Widow? Mantis? Valkerie? Taskmaster? Yon Rogg?

Who the hell asked for them to do this random crap from a cartoon series that by comparison to
every other Spidey animated series isn't even very good?

What is really funny is that he doesn't even look like that from the source material, lol.
Their Cosbaby line is actually the correct design from the show:

View attachment 495023

I both agree and disagree with you. Agree:This is crap. Should be a statue, not a limited articulation 1/6 figure.
Disagree:Cosbaby source material. I just watched these cartoons a couple of weeks ago. Spider-Man, May, and Moon Knight were the heroes. I don't remember seeing any symbiote covered Avengers that were anything other than black with white eyes. In other words, Venom without the spider logo. Is there something I'm unaware of?

Who buys crap like this?

Sorry, but we all know he will!

:lol

justin.jpg

Disclaimer: Before anyone attacks me for "picking on him," I am a fan of Justin's content and appreciates what he does! He takes one for the team buying every release and reviewing them, so I do tip my hat to him!

Yep, I am done with Hot Toys after the EG line. Their quality level and improvements in engineering have stalled a bit - and in some cases of taken a step back due to the volume of products they are cranking out. Moving onto statues - especially with companies that still focus on getting every piece as good as possible.

Agree 100%. I’m waiting on endgame Thor, cap and iron man, although I’ve considered getting the iron studios 1/3 scale statues since I doubt hot toys will even be near that quality.

Absolute Travesty. Should've went for the design the Cosbaby version went for, that one at least looks good. This.. this looks like ****.

Back