1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom - Venomized Iron Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but I hope there are next to ZERO sales for this POS. Hot Toys needs a wake-up call.

Cue broken record... why not an ACTUAL VENOM!?!
Where are the preorders for VGM Original Spider-Man? White Widow? Mantis? Valkerie? Taskmaster? Yon Rogg?

Who the hell asked for them to do this random crap from a cartoon series that by comparison to
every other Spidey animated series isn't even very good?

What is really funny is that he doesn't even look like that from the source material, lol.
Their Cosbaby line is actually the correct design from the show:

Hot-Toys-SMMV-Venomized-Iron-Man-Cosbaby_PR1.jpg

Last edited:
With so many other teased figures as well as vocalized fan favorites, its strange to announce a figure no one asked for with no real fan appeal.

Where did they get this design from? Are they just making it up? It never looked like that in the comics or cartoon.

I had the exact same thought when I first saw it, then realized that this is actually from an ARTist line.
So ... they choose to make weird stuff. Some really original and cool looking (Samurai Predator also from ARTist) others just plain weird (Alien girl from Hot Angel).

I don't mind them getting some experience making these before Venom - which will most likely have limited articulation.

Wow. I only half-glanced at the title and assumed this was the Venomized Groot thread. At this rate, HT may release a Maximum Venom Venomized Eddie Brock by mistake one of these days...:lol

No offence to the hard-working creative team at Hot Toys, but the timing and character selection for this release seems questionable. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Funko and Hasbro have "venomized" lines, someone must be buying them

Oh there's an audience. I said it over in the Groot thread but there's this bizarre fetish for Vemomized characters. It reminds me of the tacky truck decals, oversized black graphic tees, and affliction shirt crowds. Everything needs to be the edgy and dark version so they can "like it".

I do suspect there's a Marvel down push since so many other companies are also going in on this theme right now. I feel like it was on the buffet of themes that Marvel asks companies to focus on for a cycle, and given the above fact, they'd be dumb not to capitalize on it.

I would have rather gotten a realistic version of any of the comic/cover designs than what they came up with... seems to me they kinda missed the point of "venomized" because it just looks like venom with random iron man parts..
6596ed31c24dcc0c9b38eadc1c4589a1.jpg

Attachments

• Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_4_5_Venomized_Variant_Textless.jpg
    Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_4_5_Venomized_Variant_Textless.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 147
  • clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 149
  • c9bcddfd244b937e9fa459a5b08364f4.jpg
    c9bcddfd244b937e9fa459a5b08364f4.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 140
This would have been a great figure if it was JUST Venom, and those spider legs look ridiculous.........:slap

DamToys is becoming the Old HotToys and Hot Toys is becoming NECA.
Thats some serious Hot plastic garbage.

Back