Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to focus on the main characters before they focus on things that have 5 seconds of screen time like these droids, Blurrgs, Death Watch Mandos, etc.

We got this before we even got Boba from his own show (1/4 doesn't count).
As far as getting a Boba from his own show, we’re more or less getting that with the repaint armor releases.

I like getting obscure releases, but not at the cost of sacrificing more important characters.

As far as getting a Boba from his own show, we’re more or less getting that with the repaint armor releases.

I like getting obscure releases, but not at the cost of sacrificing more important characters.
Not really though, it's quite a bit different and looks way better in BOBF.

Not really though, it's quite a bit different and looks way better in BOBF.
To me it’s close enough personally. I’m not a diehard for Boba and don’t want every possible variant so the repaint we’re getting is fine for me (if I even decide to get it).

I keep thinking about what should HT do that would be genuinely competitive and still be within their rather limited parameters and came up with:

Moon Knight (I kept coming back to this for some reason)
Riddler from The Batman
Kate Bishop
Obi-Wan from the new show

Honestly thought would they make any of these? I think Moon Knight is the likeliest especially if it’s a success.

Not to beat the drum again, but preorders are stupid when they go out nearly two years. There is absolutely ZERO reason to give HT a 2 year, $30 interest free loan. If people actually have FOMO and are willing to pay $30 to lock in a spot this far out, they need to be given a hard reality check. 1 year? Ok maybe. 2 years? Absolutely positively not.

Not to beat the drum again, but preorders are stupid when they go out nearly two years. There is absolutely ZERO reason to give HT a 2 year, $30 interest free loan. If people actually have FOMO and are willing to pay $30 to lock in a spot this far out, they need to be given a hard reality check. 1 year? Ok maybe. 2 years? Absolutely positively not.
I am interested in the figure but it's probably going to be at least another 4 months before I commit to this , I want to see what the other offering for next year are going to be first. You would think with next year being the 40th anniversary for ROTJ we should see something from that?

Here is my speculation why they did this: 1) maybe they have to release a certain number of figures per show in order to keep the license and maybe within a certain time frame 2) due to new Covid Lockdowns in China they are in delay and the show only has a few likable characters (and Cad and Cobb might take longer to get the finished prototype)
So this was a quick and cheap choice

But maybe I‘m completely wrong :)

Only if ordering with a coupon that expires or from a retailer like Timewalker that usually sells out pretty quick.

I almost stopped POing unless I have coupons or codes to expire. I want to see the final products since they make changes without reason.

HT are just becoming a joke now with the likes of QS putting out literal works of art. Even Hasbro hasn’t stooped to this repaint yet.
Technically they re-released K2SO when they did that Rogue One Repack set with photoreal. I'm sure the KX BoBF version will be coming though 😂

I'm in need of a reality check. Just preordered this with a 20% deposit.

I'm in need of a reality check. Just preordered this with a 20% deposit.

Do you man, it is your money and your collection, we've had quick turnarounds for a few figures such as 501st and Coruscant Guard clones, Mando Boba and a few others.

After looking at the pics of this figure and watching a few reviews of K2, I've realised that I much prefer the clean look K2 had over the heavy weathering this one has.
Don't think I'll get this after all. Oh well. HT will no doubt come up with something else for me to spend my money on.

I don't think I'll ever understand how an OT C-3PO hasn't been made by Hot Toys. He's one of the most iconic and recognisable characters in the whole saga.
Plus I’m pretty sure they have never displayed a prototype OT one, it always had the red arm.

After looking at the pics of this figure and watching a few reviews of K2, I've realised that I much prefer the clean look K2 had over the heavy weathering this one has.
Don't think I'll get this after all. Oh well. HT will no doubt come up with something else for me to spend my money on.
I also prefer K2 to the KX ... and to be honest I don't trust HT to match the proto's weathering. Their production weathering and battle-damage is sometimes soft. Could go either way of course.

I also prefer K2 to the KX ... and to be honest I don't trust HT to match the proto's weathering. Their production weathering and battle-damage is sometimes soft. Could go either way of course.

I think this is one to wait to see how the final release turns out.
Then again, maybe we'll get a K2 reissue after Andor but if it's true K2 won't appear until the second season, its going to be a loooong wait even if they do reissue him. This heavy weathered version may be the best option (unless you're willing to pay the big ebay prices)
Yeah, best bet might be to wait for release, see how it turns out.

Back