Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s just laughable at this point.
Their response to a new company exploding onto the scene with an offering that blows their efforts out of the water and has fans crying out for HT to step up their game and rise to the challenge is a repaint of an utterly meaningless background droid from a background show.
QS shows a better Joker sculpt than HT on their first try, paints it beautifully, roots it better than anyone, has exceptional tailoring, does away with the disgusting crotch grabber trend, introduces seamless forearms and offers a diorama using authentic materials that HT would never even consider, all while engaging with the community and actively asking us what licenses and figures we’d like them to make- so they answer that with a robot that no one was asking for…

What’s even worse is that Super Battle Droids were seen in a similar flashback scene in Mandalorian and they also have Prequel fan appeal and were teased with a prototype along with a dozen other Star Wars figures people would prefer to own over this, which have still yet to appear.

This is just sad- but at least I’m saving my money for companies who will actually try.

That’s a full 24% price increase over the initial $230 K-2SO.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-k-2so-hot-toys-902925
Sadly that's about what I expected, although I didn't realize the OG was that cheap (I was thinking @$250). Well, the extra rifle and new base is worth a little extra, but not that much lol, and their not needing new tooling should have offset some of the inflation. Still, much cheaper than K-2 eBay prices...

It’s just ridiculous how much Sideshow marks things up. I was considering this, but not at $285. Maybe once it’s in stock I’ll try and get it from one of the HK sellers.

The most confusing thing with Hot Toys is their timing. As someone said there was hype for this after the episode aired and that's when it should have gone up for pre-order.

Same with the Eternals guy from last week. Any hype for that movie is long gone. They missed the boat on Hawkeye to but expect figures from that to drop randomly a few months from now.

What has everyone been asking for the last few weeks? Cad Bane, Tobey, Andrew Spidey's, Riddler, Catwoman. Hot Toys...radio silence.

It was only a matter of time before HT would release this figure but I always assumed it would be K2SO from the "Andor" series, once he showed up.

I have the original so I'm good but I can see the appeal to picking this up if you missed out on the original. Weathering does look amazing.

The most confusing thing with Hot Toys is their timing. As someone said there was hype for this after the episode aired and that's when it should have gone up for pre-order.

Same with the Eternals guy from last week. Any hype for that movie is long gone. They missed the boat on Hawkeye to but expect figures from that to drop randomly a few months from now.

What has everyone been asking for the last few weeks? Cad Bane, Tobey, Andrew Spidey's, Riddler, Catwoman. Hot Toys...radio silence.
Hot Toys has the opposite problem as some figure-makers. Lines like Ghosbusters and Eternals came out long before the new movies and nobody bought a bunch of unknown characters, while Hot Toys is so late that by the time they get announced they have more modern versions popping up around the corner.

I think the biggest problem with Hot Toys is they just have way too much going on. It probably gets their production line congested and things are held up forever, and then stuff they may want to make is announced later because they’re trying to work the backlog of unreleased figures.

I think the biggest problem with Hot Toys is they just have way too much going on. It probably gets their production line congested and things are held up forever, and then stuff they may want to make is announced later because they’re trying to work the backlog of unreleased figures.
Don't forget the reissues. They clearly don't see delayed releases as a problem when they are taking time to reissue figures too.

A moment of silence for the unreleased Hot Toys Droids.

BB368E54-9545-46E3-B287-212B644EA442.jpeg
FC1BF2B2-C993-4503-B2D1-C7E9AEF5DC2E.jpeg

A82F4B71-080E-446A-B88F-115E7AB0AD38.jpeg
1276E185-8E1D-48F5-91AE-6BA24D643CFA.jpeg
E22F6305-96A6-4FDD-BEC7-E2C82DAF8532.jpeg
642CA9CE-A154-4961-8CFE-9C21E595540D.jpeg
9B508F52-E7FE-4EC9-AF0B-E59BC89A9FF1.jpeg
6157D6BA-539F-49ED-A9BC-51DC98ECAB7B.jpeg

Back