Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint works look drastically bettter than the pristine K2SO version.
I agree! It's been out there autonomously roaming the apocalyptic landscape. It definitely has that worn patina of the classic SW aesthetic.

And, I Iike the idea that these things haven't seen the inside of an Imperial base in years.

D58F8304-ACE8-48CE-AE2D-39B92018F419.gif

I ordered it. I liked the design of K2 but hated Rogue One so never ordered the figure. I didn't particularly like BoBF but at least some episodes were enjoyable.

It's a great looking figure, which is only natural because K-2SO has always been a great looking figure. Especially with the Snowtrooper inspired armour linking him directly to the OT.

Yet it's a bit of a Rick Roll from Hot Toys after teasing there would soon be another character from TBOBF.

I don't know whether this choice ought to have been the last thing on everyone's minds, or the first because it was an easy option for HT to get some more use out of those expensive unique moulds.

Yep no question the paint will be amazing on this. Hot Toys have some really good tech when it comes to weathering armour etc.

The problem with this is there is no big on-screen connection to him (other than the quick flash back). Sure that hasn't stopped Hot Toys from doing figures like the Solo street Cop trooper which was also a blink and you miss him.

But I think this is the main issue with this one, and the timing and situation where no one asked for this and want other BoBF figures.

I’m not telling anyone NOT to buy this. I’m not telling anyone how or what to add to their collection.

I just want someone to explain the rationale to me for ordering a figure 2 years out NOW. Like, why now? Why not 5 months out from shipping? You don’t get your figure or slot fulfilled any earlier by being the first to pay. Again, why are we fronting HT money this far out?
Well, with Sideshow reward points now expiring after 1 year of being issued I can definitely see that coming into play for some people. I never order anything from SS without either applying rewards or rewards plus a coupon. All of my rewards are safe through at least September and I anticipate placing more pre-orders before then, but everyone's situation is different. Better to pay a $25 NRD now and get $75 to $100 off the total than wait and lose those points. And for something like this (where there's no concern about sculpt quality) there not a lot of risk. It's not like you're going to invest that $25 and get a return in 1-2 years that surpasses the reward points you could lose lol...

It's not just those two - they're using this base on the ROTJ Speeder Bike AND Mando's Swoop Bike as well. HT is definitely getting its money's worth out of that mold! :lol

Yep! Noticed that as well :lol It's a nice base and versatile, you can put a bunch of different characters on it.

They’ve used them before for some other figures, usually with certain types of diorama bases like the Chitauri, a couple of Iron Man and War Machine figures, etc. For some tall figures as well, like 1/4 scale.

I kind of wish they incorporated more of the clear rods for figures, it would help make for a cleaner look in my opinion.

Christ is he annoying to listen to !!! This time in a meeeggggaaaa slow radio advertisement voice.

Just talk normal man !
I don’t see the value in these types of videos anyway. What is he showing that you can’t get from the publicity photos?

I only check out his videos when a nice prototype gets released. He has someone who takes loads of pics at Hot Toys Secret Base.

I don’t see the value in these types of videos anyway. What is he showing that you can’t get from the publicity photos?
You get to see the prototype outside of an actual photoshoot with proper lighting and photoshop. Sure the promp pics with the figure photoshopped into a bunch of scenes are cool but that's really not how it's gonna look in your collection.

You get to see the prototype outside of an actual photoshoot with proper lighting and photoshop. Sure the promp pics with the figure photoshopped into a bunch of scenes are cool but that's really not how it's gonna look in your collection.
Fair points! Maybe I should watch them. Maybe I should revise my position - do they really need narration? :)

Back