1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good old THUNDER thighs is back. Oh the memories of modding the previous one...

Maglor, you out there?

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I watched the Nolan films. Absolutely loved them back in the day, thought they were the best ever. The highlights are still there but I'm kind of bored with them at this point. Perhaps too much meme I dunno. Still watch 89 and Returns at least once a year though. Maybe these will come back to me someday.

What are you guys doing with your current DX12/Armory? Keeping or replacing it with this?

I sold my dx12 and kept my armory one, the armory one was superior to be honest.

I missed out on the batpod the first two times they reissued it, so here?s hoping they reissue the tumbler a third time just like the batpod.

Seeing the TDKR see through batcave armory in the background makes me wonder if we will see another round of accessories and to be honest adding this new version of Batman just because of the sonar head and improved lighting on certain accessories, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issues with the DX12, great as it is, is that the thighs were too big, and the cowl perhaps a little small. The thighs on this look even bigger, but the cowl size is right. The Bale sculpt needs a little tweaking, but it's there. Odd that they went with the same base, that's quite disappointing. Articulation looks to be good though. Bit of an weird release considering they've released quite a few Dark Knight versions. If they're re-doing figures, Batman Begins, and maybe even Raimi's Spider-Man would have been better. Worst thing is the release date. That's almost a 2 year wait.

And I thought the HT Nolan Bats line was dead. I dont see any massive improvement over the DX12, So I will probably pass on this. It would be interesting to see a new DX Joker from TDK.

Off topic in a way; if we?re reissuing older figures, I wish they?d give Routh Supes another go around. Now they could nail that suit and sculpt...although the cape would probably still stink.

Not having Bale Bats in my collection, I?m definitely grabbing this and Bat-pod. Fingers crossed for Tumbler and Alfred to come with new Armory.

I have both the DX12 and the Armory Bats and I'm probably still going to end up getting this.

In one of the photos they teased the clear batcave armory. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that soon.

But, yeah, a DX Bane would be cool.

14b7462e05428463a2023f5c39bd505f.jpg

Should I laugh or cry?

I tried multiple times to get a Dx11 Joker or Bane on eBay but prices always kept creeping up higher than I was willing to pay. I’m glad there’s a chance HT may re-release some older figures since there aren’t any new movies to make figures for the time being.

I tried multiple times to get a Dx11 Joker or Bane on eBay but prices always kept creeping up higher than I was willing to pay. I’m glad there’s a chance HT may re-release some older figures since there aren’t any new movies to make figures for the time being.

For sure. Hopefully, because of the lack of movies coming out, it forces them to focus on other licenses which to me, is the sole reason why we're seeing a DX19 Batman.

Instant pre-order for me, at least I hope I will be alive in 2022... Throught didn't know why TDKR and not TDK as the DX02 is far from perfect. But seeing "old" franchises coming back is really heartwarming.

Now some Iron Man reissues ?

I'm running right now... :wave

I wish they would've included the backpack from the Hong Kong scene in TDK. I mean, they included the sticky bomb gun. Did he even use that in Rises?

I wish they would've included the backpack from the Hong Kong scene in TDK. I mean, they included the sticky bomb gun. Did he even use that in Rises?

No, he never used it in TDKR. Sonar eyes and sticky bomb gun are TDK only.

That?s the thing, for over $300, this release should come with EVERY thing. The cape pack, belt holster for the grapple gun, a newly sculpted empty cowl for unmasked Bruce to hold and hell, those ****ing nunchucks from the Armory!

Instead of pigeon holing it into ?TDKR? labeling, should have just been ?Dark Knight Trilogy? or something like they do for their cosbabies. I still think the older Dark Knight bases/display stands are the best,

2BC9DB49-265D-44AA-A4E3-33615C88AAB7.jpeg

Wish they had made one for their Harvey Two-Face.

88A3721F-E92E-4536-B889-D77BEEBF8663.jpeg

By the time this comes out I know I won't care. I don't really care enough now. I'll get the American Psycho figure for my Bale fix.

Goddamnit Hot Toys what will it take to remake my T2 Terminators!

Back