1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

There are a few issues but doubtless they will improve it in the two years before release.

He's going to release exactly as-is and people will still say they "fixed" him. :lol

the release is expected in a year and a half, they have a lot of time to make the changes.
the new body will be 32 cm height, so, many of the costume components will have to redo.
the photos are of the prototype, the final product will be different and better. I hope....

I just measured the Batman armory and he is just below 31cm tall. My M34 Bane is about the same height. If the new one is 32cm then the rest of our current Dark Knight figures will be short.

How tall is the dx12 and armory version?

It?s 31 cm, 31,5 cm with ears.

I refer to the specifications of the product, making it more muscular and taller some variation will have to be made ...

?Hot Toys restarted the DC Comics classic movie project today, and upgraded to return to the "Batman: Uprising of the Night" god-level work-the DX series of Batman 1:6 scale collection dolls. The whole set of new Batman suits are tailored and sewn with elastic and textured fabrics, decorated with epoxy lines and carbon fiber textures. At the same time, it restores the suit-like armor parts and the metal gold equipment belt. It also matches with a unique cut. Into a new black cloak. The Hot Toys team recreated a 32cm tall doll body with more than 30 movable joints. Compared with the previous Batman doll body, its muscle lines and movable joint functions are particularly improved. The doll will be equipped with two brand new...?

I did that with the jump from DX 12 to Armory.

Literally sold the DX 12 heads for decent $$$ and used that $$$ to buying the Armory Heads. Just a matter of time and patience.
I'm thinking about this, but I'm also interested in the supposedly new body.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

If they?re going to throw DC/Batman Collectors a bone, how about something that?s actually new?

This is the 3rd release of the Batpod, no improvements. This is the 6th version of this Batman, no improvements.

I don?t think anybody has mentioned this, but the Batman head is just a shrunken down version of the Quarter Scale figure, mouthplates and all. It?s like what those bootleg sellers on eBay have been selling. The base is reused, the boots, hands, belt, weapons and accessories are reused, nothing about it is new.

Atleast when the DX 12, 1/4 and Armory figures came out, a new technique was implemented for the suit. Gone was the two piece rubber costume. It was fresh and new. This and the Batpod are just treading old territory. They could have fixed the ugly elbow guards or give him a better cape, but nope, same reused parts.

Now we know it?s open season. Bet they do another Begins suit Batman and Ledger Joker too which will be modified DX 11 / Quarter Scale hybrids.

Nice comparative pictures! Yeah I was pondering if they'd maybe downscaled the QS's masked head, which I think looks good.

b78d1d7c30b9c95523e041389662acab.jpg

Looks like a Begins BW, or, from The Prestige :)

Looks great, but....didn't need it then and I don't need it now. Already got the ultimate fusion of comic/real world version of Batman that I need in the Affleck versions.

I will take that updated BatPod though as I need a Bat-vehicle and I'm sure this one is nice and updated.

Uh.
This is kinda.... dumb.
The expressions look a little cartoonish.
Why is the suit so baggy around the crotch and legs?? If thats how you improve articulation... please don't.

The shoulder pads are still incorrect. The tricep armor still too low. I hope they are no where near finished improving this from the final version to entice people to upgrade.

And I think it goes without saying that if you're gonna update Batman. You better update Bane as well and after Daftoys paired with the phicen body. That won't be easy either.

There's improvements in engineering and technology that make new toys better. The first one came out like 7 years ago. So you've got new things to work with, and you've got A LOT more collectors out there. Coupled with a global pandemic resulting in fewer movies being released now, it's not hard to see why they might dip back in. Take a look at the new Two-Face figure. It's been sitting on Sideshow for over a year and is $20 off now. I would've bought that figure when it came out if I had a Batman to go with it. Now I have that option and will likely pick him up.

DX12 came out SEVEN years ago. Has this been there plan? Let things simmer for almost a decade before they really 'get' us?

Yes because that is what a smart company would do and what other companies do all the time with premium IP. The thing that bothers me is not the re-release but the lack of improvement since to your point the last one came out 7 years ago. Not sure if you have the first version, but it is pretty bad in all aspects from the googly eyes to the skinny frame. And the botch job from 7 years ago wasn't because of a lack of R&D or technology. They simply knew they could re-use the IP later on given it is Batman. It is curious how every figure they produce that is based on a character with very little re-release potential is done almost perfectly.

So, the specs are up.

Supposedly every head since the DX 02 has been sculpted by someone different, which I find it very hard to believe.

sculpted.jpg

The latest one has FOUR people attached to it despite being identical to the QS 1/4 version . . .

This isn't like ROTJ Luke where HT offered a more complete version immediately after shipping the previous edition (ensuring no one could make an informed purchasing decision about the original release). This isn't even like the release of the armory, wherein an updated version of the DX12 was included just a year after the DX12 was announced. This is an updated version of a figure last offered seven years ago, which was at that time part of a significantly more expensive set (the armory set), and last offered individually eight years ago.

If the argument is that it's somehow bad for HT to revisit a popular IP and make some upgrades to bring it in-line with their modern offerings, I think that's a pretty bonkers position. If someone is mad that a better version of a figure they bought eight years ago might exist, well, the action figure game is probably not where they should be spending their money.

The only valid criticism of this figure's release that I can see is that HT didn't make ENOUGH improvements over the last release.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

yes that is my thing with this. the last dx12 was atrocious and this one looks almost the same.

Wrong. Bandai, Takara, and a lot of other toy (high end) manufacturers do it. It never ends.

People are not owed anything. These are toys.

You want one of a kind buy real art or Bugattis.

Bruh, we already went through this. No one is complaining because we want one of kind art. We are disappointed that the re-release seems to lack material updates since the original DX12 was not a very good release. What are you even talking about kid? rofl.

Specs say this is a newly developed suit, which I would not have guessed. Pants look lkke they could be new, but above the waist it looks like the same.

I'm super thrilled this is happening. I might even be able to be coaxed ino getting Dent now seeing as this probably foreshadows more Nolan rereleases. I'd be willing to go all in with the villains, and maybe a Gordon. It's a set I wish I'd have had the means to get at the time, a feeling I assume a great number of people have as well. I need to go listen to the soundtrack now. Everytime it comes on I regret passing on the armory at a discount through PC, but this sorts that out. I'm sure my joy in being able to acquire a figure from one of my favorite film series will get a few folks' panties in a twist, and I'm sorry you can't share in that excitement the way I'd have for you in a similar situation.

I don't see the reason for the reissue when the figure essentially looks the same. I'm all for reissues when an improvement is made. Hopefully they work on a Joker.
They probably want to sell to new collectors (like myself) who couldn't afford the figures before and couldn't afford the high aftermarket prices now. :p

Anyway, I'm happy to get this. :D

The cowl is finally good of a proper shape. Bale head is very nice too. May just pick these when the figure is out.
Yet, not overpriced Bat-pod is tempting.

I was really hoping for Ras Al Ghoul, Fox or Crane, or at least a better BB suit... well.

Completely agree - especially regarding a Scarecrow/Crane figure, an improved reissue with a Cillian Murphy head sculpt is the dream!

For some reason when I saw these pics on FB I thought it was another company like Daft Toys, but I guess it was only a matter of time before hot toys starts doing do-overs of their greatest hits. Wished they’d finally get to Rah’s this time. And if they are redoing older stuff, it would be nice to get an updated terminator line whereby all figures had some consistency with proportions and height. They can even shrink the 1/4 endo.

Back