1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe a gd word of that regardless of what they publicly state.

My eyes don't lie.
Yeah I don’t believe a lot of what HT states either but when it comes to actor licenses if that is incorrect, well that is lawsuit right there, SLJ could sue their mother***** a**** if he wanted to.

Yeah I don’t believe a lot of what HT states either but when it comes to actor licenses if that is incorrect, SLJ could sue their mother***** a**** if he wanted to.
Doubt it. Contracts are closed with plenty of leway for others to exploit and the talent to do nothing about it.

Funny how a Japanese company by the name of the SH FIGUARTS used his and Ewan's likeness...

Perfectly, mind you. Releases beyond TPM obi were crap but it was very good. Mace? Absolutely a banger on likeness.

That's Japan tho. They quickly changed their tune and gave generic sculpts to future Obi-Wan figs.

TPM Padawan Obi-Wan by SHF is historic for its likeness as is their Mace Windu, that Black Series collectors have **** on in an attempt to prop up their inferior Hasbro figure.

Last edited:
Having the license doesn't automatically make you da Vinci. They beefed it. Its as simple as that.

I would've delayed this. Heck, I never would've put this up for sale. If they can't get the prototype right, why do they think they can magically fix it by the deadline. Just don't announce it. Wait til you have something.

Especially a figure like this, where the head sculpt is the only selling point.

Having the license doesn't automatically make you da Vinci. They beefed it. Its as simple as that.

I would've delayed this. Heck, I never would've put this up for sale. If they can't get the prototype right, why do they think they can magically fix it by the deadline. Just don't announce it. Wait til you have something.

Especially a figure like this, where the head sculpt is the only selling point.
Because it's Windu. Because any other company selling figures, making a profit (Hasbro) pulled it off.

That is why. No need to pay that likeness fee. It'll sell regardless just like all the trash Obi-Wan and Luke figures they've sold without it.

Accept this time, it didn't sell.

I don't own a single Obi-Wan, Luke or Qui Gon figure from HT.

Without the likeness, I will not buy this.

I'm buying Windu for the base. Sculpt is going on Ebay.

So release a pretty off sculpt now, and hit us with a rolling eyes improved mace next year for rots. I’m onto your methods Howard.

So release a pretty off sculpt now, and hit us with a rolling eyes improved mace next year for rots. I’m onto your methods Howard.
I’m past that stage with Howard. I’m more at the …

IMG_5165.jpeg

stage

I said this months ago and was flamed for it.

From a group of individuals that not only swore the sculpt was fine and looked like him, but that (what you just said) is inconceivable.

I remember it, because of how absolutely baffled I was by it.

The guy's argument was

"HT have LIKENESS" or whatever dafuq, in the product description.

I was calling BS. Damn the discription.

His argument was, they wouldn't do that, based on legalities.

I said - LOOK AT IT.

I soon realized, it's a fruitless effort. Just move on.

HT could originally advertise and solicit a friggin 3-legged dog with saddle.

They will ABSOLUTELY get away with shipping a 3-legged dog that suspiciously doesn't look like a dog.

Because their paying bottom dollar for bottom of the barrel arttist, under the impression that ANYTHING they sell, WILL sell - 80% of the time.

Think about it, folks.

90% of their artists suck. They ain't on the level. They ain't giving us bangers. They can't contend with custom artists.

I mean. There it is. What.

Last edited:
Because it's Windu. Because any other company selling figures, making a profit (Hasbro) pulled it off.

That is why. No need to pay that likeness fee. It'll sell regardless just like all the trash Obi-Wan and Luke figures they've sold without it.

Accept this time, it didn't sell.

I don't own a single Obi-Wan, Luke or Qui Gon figure from HT.

Without the likeness, I will not buy this.

I'm buying Windu for the base. Sculpt is going on Ebay.
I don't know for sure but I think they do have the likeness rights.
Maybe it's more the matter of which sculptor is doing the sculpt?

Quite a bunch of Hot Toys sculpts look very similar in style to this one, with a bad or mediocre likeness and super symmetrical face (Ahsoka V1, the Obi Wan sculpts, Bo-Katan, Gideon, Shin Hati, pretty much all of the older sculpts etc.) Wich leads me to believe those are either done by one and the same sculptor or by several sculptors with similar styles. Personally I'm not a fan of this idealized pretty face style. They all look soulless and bland to me.

Then you have Hot Toys sculpts wich are cleary sculpted by someone who lays a lot more emphasis on likeness and accuracy to the source material ( Maul V2, , majority of the sculpts for the Ahsoka line etc.)

Last edited:
I don't know for sure but I think they do have the likeness rights.
Maybe it's more the matter of which sculptor is doing the sculpt?

Quite a bunch of Hot Toys sculpts look very similar in style to this one, with a bad or mediocre likeness and super symmetrical face (Ahsoka V1, the Obi Wan sculpts, Bo-Katan, Gideon, Shin Hati, pretty much all of the older sculpts etc.) Wich leads me to believe those are either done by one and the same sculptor or by several sculptors with similar styles. Personally I'm not a fan of this idealized pretty face style. They all look soulless and bland to me.

Then you have Hot Toys sculpts wich are cleary sculpted by someone who lays a lot more emphasis on likeness and accuracy to the source material ( Maul V2, , majority of the sculpts for the Ahsoka line ect.)
These are professional, sculpting artists.

Do you expect me to believe, they got their jobs, sculpting THAT and passing it off as Mace?

I think not. I think that LISCENSE doesn't and never did exist. I think that's why we got this embarrassing POS being released.

HT ain't paying for SLJ likeness again. Especially with SW.

HT ain't and never will pay for Ewan McGregor likeness. Because yall will keep on buying any and everything with a "OWK" attached to it.

Tell me me I'm lieing..

These are professional, sculpting artists.

Do you expect me to believe, they got their jobs, sculpting THAT and passing it off as Mace?

I think not. I think that LISCENSE doesn't and never did exist. I think that's why we got this embarrassing POS being released.
Yes, they are all professional sculptors. Still not all of them work the same way. Some are better at capturing a likeness than others. Different styles also play a role I think.

Sounds like bs.
Lol. I don't even want to argue with you. This sculpt s**** a**. And maybe they do this on purpose to sell an improved version later. Maybe not. But look at Sean Dabbs for example. Guy is a professional sculptor and I like his work very much. Still his sculpting style differs from others with faces looking a bit more comical imo. My point is: different sculptors, different product.

Lol. I don't even want to argue with you. This sculpt s**** a**. And maybe they do this on purpose to sell an improved version later. Maybe not. But look at Sean Dabbs for example. Guy is a professional sculptor and I like his work very much. Still his sculpting style differs from others with faces looking a bit more comical imo. My point is: different sculptors, different product.
Fair enough. I get it.

They are very particular about what they say in those product descriptions. If they don't have likeness rights, they will say Authentic likeness of 'the characters name' But if they use the actors name, they have it.

Because HT like to brag about every little detail. Its another selling point. If something is leather they'll say "Hey guys, this is real leather, its a big deal" If something is diecast "This is real diecast alloy, look how heavy this is!" then they'll make a diagram showing off which parts are diecast. And if they have the likeness rights of an actor, they're gonna hype that up. If they don't say the actors name, its cause they can't.

An example of this is Batman from The Flash movie. Its not Ben's face and they don't say its Ben's face, its just "Batman"

Also this isn't just Disney Star Wars, this was George Lucas Star Wars. He was all about merchandise, he would have locked that all down up front.

They are very particular about what they say in those product descriptions. If they don't have likeness rights, they will say Authentic likeness of 'the characters name' But if they use the actors name, they have it.

Because HT like to brag about every little detail. Its another selling point. If something is leather they'll say "Hey guys, this is real leather, its a big deal" If something is diecast "This is real diecast alloy, look how heavy this is!" then they'll make a diagram showing off which parts are diecast. And if they have the likeness rights of an actor, they're gonna hype that up. If they don't say the actors name, its cause they can't.

An example of this is Batman from The Flash movie. Its not Ben's face and they don't say its Ben's face, its just "Batman"

Also this isn't just Disney Star Wars, this was George Lucas Star Wars. He was all about merchandise, he would have locked that all down up front.

Back