1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS will likely still be delivering this by that time.
ccf0a73e-061b-4edf-9dcd-25a83c2feb20_screenshot.jpg

Has anyone tried the Poptoys X33, I saw someone recommend it but I cant seem to find any in hand photos.

At the moment I'm trying to sell my other figures in order to get this piece in my collection.Mainly cause I need a batman to hold me over until the 2022 batman figure releases next year lol.

But I'm a big fan of the Nolan trilogy so I will also be getting it because of that. But from what I've seen so far this figure looks great. I'm sorry to everyone who's been having QC issues and hoping you guys can get it fixed soon in someway

Also quick question if I end up getting an order in on this figure(hopefully soon.) I've heard that the cape that he comes with is more to be desired quality wise, would anyone know of any possible reliable 3rd party replacements for his cape just thought I would ask, thanks

At the moment I'm trying to sell my other figures in order to get this piece in my collection.Mainly cause I need a batman to hold me over until the 2022 batman figure releases next year lol.

But I'm a big fan of the Nolan trilogy so I will also be getting it because of that. But from what I've seen so far this figure looks great. I'm sorry to everyone who's been having QC issues and hoping you guys can get it fixed soon in someway

Also quick question if I end up getting an order in on this figure(hopefully soon.) I've heard that the cape that he comes with is more to be desired quality wise, would anyone know of any possible reliable 3rd party replacements for his cape just thought I would ask, thanks
I always thought the bale capes they made were good. My personal main complaint is that it’s too long( but accurate to photo shoots). I hear that the complaint is that it’s not black enough.

Perhaps I’m a lucky one. I get my full replacement figure today. Mine had the shiny spot on cod piece and some dimpling on his left groin armor pad. Hope the replacement figure is better. Maybe only one to have gotten it from SS and replaced in a weeks time lol.

I always thought the bale capes they made were good. My personal main complaint is that it’s too long( but accurate to photo shoots). I hear that the complaint is that it’s not black enough.
Yeah the length of the cape is crazy long from what I've seen too.If I can get an order in ill make the decision if I need a replacement after I see the cape in hand

Perhaps I’m a lucky one. I get my full replacement figure today. Mine had the shiny spot on cod piece and some dimpling on his left groin armor pad. Hope the replacement figure is better. Maybe only one to have gotten it from SS and replaced in a weeks time lol.

Very curious about your 2nd chance...

Yeah the length of the cape is crazy long from what I've seen too.If I can get an order in ill make the decision if I need a replacement after I see the cape in hand

As has been said, the length is not inaccurate, just depends on your reference. Seems like HT goes by the promotional photos taken like this vs the film.

Batman_29.jpg

You would think they'd take a look at the movie too, but if WB supplies them with reference material like this, I can see why they wouldn't feel need to freeze frame the movie to study that, plus they probably stick to the same cut and sew template and just experiment with new fabrics.

I don't mind the longer cape, I feel like that's more like how it is meant to be, and the shorter is just something done for the sake of stunt performance.

As has been said, the length is not inaccurate, just depends on your reference. Seems like HT goes by the promotional photos taken like this vs the film.

View attachment 574418

You would think they'd take a look at the movie too, but if WB supplies them with reference material like this, I can see why they wouldn't feel need to freeze frame the movie to study that, plus they probably stick to the same cut and sew template and just experiment with new fabrics.

I don't mind the longer cape, I feel like that's more like how it is meant to be, and the shorter is just something done for the sake of stunt performance.
My head canon for this is that the cape has different "settings" built in with the memory cloth. This would be it completely naturally draping at it's full length, in combat it can pull itself up to ankle length, and the wings are clearly longer than that so it makes some sense to me.

Good to hear, it makes me glad mine will be coming later and not the initial rush.

This gives me flashbacks to DX02 and the oily belly.

How are the eyes on this figure?

I love the QS001 but the startled eyes always bother me. Had to turn him slightly side on to avoid seeing them so much.

Enterbay got the eyes spot on first attempt. Paint apps might not be as good but overall look is much better.

Don’t let the nitpickers get to you I have three and they’re all in acceptable condition to me. I only fixed the shiny spot on one cod piece because I could, the figure looked great on the shelf either way.

I think every thread here inevitably has that phase where everyone feels like "this figure has QC issues." And yeah, obviously they happen and it sucks when it happens to you. But it's also important to remember that these instances tend to be over-represented here because people are more likely to post when there's an issue--nobody posts to say "another perfect copy received!"

In the entire time I've been collecting HT, I've only had ONE that had an issue out of the box (a bent plastic holster). Who knows if I'm luckier than most or not, but I think at the end of the day, visible issues are more rare than they appear.

That said, I definitely get why people are nervous if Sideshow is saying that can't provide replacement parts. That's rough. I feel for the people who have issues that Sideshow can't resolve for them.

How are the eyes on this figure?

I love the QS001 but the startled eyes always bother me. Had to turn him slightly side on to avoid seeing them so much.

Enterbay got the eyes spot on first attempt. Paint apps might not be as good but overall look is much better.
Totally undisplayable

Attachments

• FD231A68-398B-4152-97D5-651740B84F0D.jpeg
    FD231A68-398B-4152-97D5-651740B84F0D.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 163
  • B7373271-BD10-4B93-B165-C2E31D0AA18F.jpeg
    B7373271-BD10-4B93-B165-C2E31D0AA18F.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 79AD4F2C-EF13-4429-8DFB-AA3B5803D37C.jpeg
    79AD4F2C-EF13-4429-8DFB-AA3B5803D37C.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 163
Back