1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bales chin should be over lapping the chin of the cowl. Every straight on shot, the chin of the cowl is visible.

I think you also pointed that out earlier no?

Not quite an issue with the cowl itself, but it’s a weird oversight. The QS ver didn’t have that problem.

Bonus: I didn’t need to have the chin pointed out to me. 5 times in, you start noticing more and more.

5th time. 5th time man.

The issues on this figures got me all like:

giphy.gif

It's like they ..lol..

It reminds me of the DX02 (lanky) and the DX12/Armory mixed together. This is where we are at with TDK/R in 2022?

When are we getting BR Joker 3.0 with same sculpt as 1.0 but painted even nicer and taller?

bales chin should be over lapping the chin of the cowl. Every straight on shot, the chin of the cowl is visible.

I think you also pointed that out earlier no?

Not quite an issue with the cowl itself, but it’s a weird oversight. The QS ver didn’t have that problem.
I was asking what their issues were out of curiosity, not because I don’t see any.

There are minor inaccuracies to some of the details of the cowl but not to a point that bugs me. The chin is the only thing that does bug me because as you (and I earlier) said the bottom of the cowl’s chin shouldn’t be visible from the front. I will say it’s bugged me less the more I look at it but it’s still wrong and still not as good as the 1:4 they shrunk.

I think it looks good in this eBay shot below but you can still tell the chin is a little small if you look too closely. It really annoys me because the prototype didn’t appear to have this issue.

Attachments

• 0FB047DF-723B-40DE-9A16-00372EA44E9F.jpeg
    0FB047DF-723B-40DE-9A16-00372EA44E9F.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 79
I was asking what their issues were out of curiosity, not because I don’t see any.

There are minor inaccuracies to some of the details of the cowl but not to a point that bugs me. The chin is the only thing that does bug me because as you (and I earlier) said the bottom of the cowl’s chin shouldn’t be visible from the front. I will say it’s bugged me less the more I look at it but it’s still wrong and still not as good as the 1:4 they shrunk.

I think it looks good in this eBay shot below but you can still tell the chin is a little small if you look too closely. It really annoys me because the prototype didn’t appear to have this issue.

The visible chin makes the cowl opening appear...smaller wouldn’t you say?

Sigh...they’ll never get this figure right.

The visible chin makes the cowl opening appear...smaller wouldn’t you say?

Sigh...they’ll never get this figure right.
The chin and details of the mouth just seem too small in general. I suspect I'll be mostly okay with it in person but I'm still going to make ones designed like the 1/4 one.

No, for IG specifically their leadership has public ally said they’re no longer a photo sharing site and they want to compete with TikTok so they’re purposefully extending the reach of video content vs photos. That’s why you will see a lot of “influencers” now only have videos on their feeds.
Which really sucks, I wish there was a good platform for image creators out there. I get that maintaining something like IG requires financial support and that comes from sponsors and influencers, but I'm not trying to be an influencer, I'm just an artist trying to share his work with a greater audience.

Looks a lot better here under this sort of lighting. The cape looks awful still which is amazing to me that they still cant get the message that all you need is a thin piece of cut material which is likely cheaper than the effort they go into cutting and sowing these capes.

I'm still weighing up if I keep my pre-order but feeling a tad better now hahah.

Don't know what is with them and TDK suit capes. They are ALL bad, but their Snyder capes are quite good. I love their tactical and justice league bat capes.

Any advice on the the best custom cape for this figure please?
Iforigno made a bunch of good capes a while back, not sure if they're available anymore though. I foolishly gave mine away with my Armory Batman in some belief Hot Toys would finally get it right with this, but here we are hahah.

1649944577084.png

some quick thoughts when I saw the comparison between dx19 and armory batman
the kevlar plates of a titanium dipped tri-weave fibers pattern are a lot more visible on dx19
the armor plates on the legs are completly redone and looks a lot similar to the 1/4 figure
the elastic? over the bicep has been redone and looks more screen accurate
proportions in the ab area are better on dx19, you see more of his ab muscles

All the armor from the waist up is the same mold from DX12/Armory. The abs just look longer because of the belt positioning and the DX12's abs aren't even pushed up correctly (you can see too much of the top straps).

can the top straps be adjusted on dx12? I don't own it or armory so I can't tell but from all the videos and photos I've seen, the dx12/armory have always shown a lot of the strap between chest and abs

Back