Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this guy packed away in his (gorgeous) box for several months and just getting around to some posing. One of Hot Toys’ best, IMHO!

CB8EB9E5192A4FD49B43.jpeg
This looks like he is imitating star-lord singing come and get your love by redbone.

This is probably the best pose I've pulled off to date haha. I wanted to make use of the robes and with the alternate sculpt I think it works. Coco made me a base for it so I'll have some room on the detolf shelf for the Clone Wars Maul.

Attachments

• 20210818_194002.jpg
    20210818_194002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 126
Apparently this guy was in-stock for a little bit at Sideshow, just like OG Mando was before, looked like it happened around 10 pm EST

Bumping it up just in case he slides back into stock and someone catches it.

A while ago, someone posted about using a tiny magnet to give Maul a little more neck. can someone elaborate on the size of magnet? Im late, I know. I just moved and my figures are finally coming out of the box!:)

A while ago, someone posted about using a tiny magnet to give Maul a little more neck. can someone elaborate on the size of magnet? Im late, I know. I just moved and my figures are finally coming out of the box!:)
Pretty sure it was 2 × 3mm or 1 x 6 mm, I've meant to get some myself for Maul but not got around to it.

Just curious I don't own this but was wondering if the hood is wired? I just purchased the SS Theed Hanger version and am pretty happy with it except for no robe. I am trying to decided to decide if you should purchase an HT robe for or get an old Hasbro robe which from what I've seen looks looks pretty good on this figure.

The amount of older figures they've had on there the past 2 weeks @choombaz has been great to see.
Some peeps have been selling their collections to them.
Was hoping they would have a TESB Yoda as I need to buy one back due to sell offs last yr.
It’s been more than two weeks, there have been a lot this year generally. I picked up Red Skull and Tony Mechanic for bargain basement prices and they are in perfect condition.

It’s been more than two weeks, there have been a lot this year generally. I picked up Red Skull and Tony Mechanic for bargain basement prices and they are in perfect condition.
I usually follow them on Ebay but only on their site recently as of when TROS Kylo Ren went on sale for super cheap like last month or so.

I purchased a 12in Hasbro doll of Maul from 1998 that came with a cloak, per someone else's recommendation and it worked out perfectly. The doll was super cheap when I found it on Amazon brand new. I just had to put two stitches in the hood to keep it where I wanted it. I have the SSC and the HT version and I've never opened the cloak from the HT version. I almost love the SSC Maul more tbh.

Attachments

• 20211203_200534.jpg
    20211203_200534.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I still think the SS V2 sculpt beats this one out. Texture form HT is better but paint and sculpt I give to SS.
I think stock I agree, but the HT has the potential to beat the SS.

The downside of the SS for me is the lack of detail/realism in both sculpt and paint, and being slightly undersized. The great eyes distract from those shortcomings IMO.

The downside of the HT is the too dark red, the eyes lacking intensity, and the too short neck creating the illusion that the head is too wide.

I repainted the HT and extended the neck to fix 2 of the 3 issues. My final plan is to paint custom eyes with smaller irises to get that fierce intensity.

Here some comparison of my SS Maul (original release) on the left, repainted HT in the middle, and original paint HT on the right.

IMG_5096_5_small.jpg
IMG_5062_2_small.jpg

Back