Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That robe seems like to be intended to be use on sith speeder. There it looks very nice.

Have to admit I wasn't sure how interested I still was in this figure, or if it would really seem worth the $280 I paid, but after opening him up just now and trying out a few quick poses I am absolutely loving how fierce and badass he looks in hand.

Thankfully I don't have any issue with crooked lightsabers, and was relieved to see that the soft boots allow for a lot more ankle movement than reviews made it sound.

Can't wait to get home and take a proper look at everything. :)

I'm slowly inching towards the speeder edition, even if I don't immediately intend to use it on display.

I?m slowly inching towards using the secondary headsculpt and swoosh blades something I never indended as Maul screams ?dynamic? pose in my display case as opposed to museum!

I'm not sure yet how much I'll be using that second sculpt. I don't mind the expression but it just doesn't feel like it would fit in well with the rest of my SW collection.

Plus he already looks menacing enough for my taste with the regular sculpt.

The more I look at my Hot Toys Maul, the more the darker shade of red on his face is starting to bother me.

Might resort to getting it custom painted.

The more I look at my Hot Toys Maul, the more the darker shade of red on his face is starting to bother me.

Might resort to getting it custom painted.

I contacted frost on Facebook and they said he they are not doing any more custom paint jobs anymore. I have the same issue with my maul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried a few quick poses before the batteries in the lightsaber gave out on me. :lol Haven't tried the robe or any other accessories yet. And I doubt I'll ever bother with the other lightsaber considering how much more iconic the double one is.

20190916_195811 (2).jpg

20190916_195633 (2).jpg

20190916_200813 (2).jpg

20190916_201508 (2).jpg

Thankfully I don't have any issue with crooked lightsabers, and was relieved to see that the soft boots allow for a lot more ankle movement than reviews made it sound.

Can't wait to get home and take a proper look at everything. :)

Please let me know if the blades are really straight when you rotate the hilt and look down from an angle. A few people on a reddit thread all have the same problem, and when one of them had his whole figure replaced, it still had a crooked lightsaber. Looking closely, I?ve spotted crooked lightsabers on some of the photos here as well. Perhaps your lightsaber is the exception...

Crooked lightsaber? Definitely not mine, but you will have to be extra careful particularly when place him into a Detolf, because the double bladed saber's length is quite long.
70911904_10214076239329980_8888258424765153280_n.jpg

Back