Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME!

Been wanting this for 24 years. Looks amazing and I generally don't like dio stands but those stairs are great.

Pants pattern is off but so is the original release. And for all those poking fun at HT reuseing everything for this figure, well duh, that's exactly how it's suppose to be. The mime costume is largely just like his purple outfit but in black and white.

Third best DX figure ever for me. :rock

AWESOME!

Been wanting this for 24 years. Looks amazing and I generally don't like dio stands but those stairs are great.

Pants pattern is off but so is the original release. And for all those poking fun at HT reuseing everything for this figure, well duh, that's exactly how it's suppose to be. The mime costume is largely just like his purple outfit but in black and white.

Third best DX figure ever for me. :rock

The one good thing about reuse is it should allow this figure to release earlier. One would think anyway. :slap

Very odd choice. Really makes you think what they are gong for with this release. Everyone knows the melty face look is right up there with the standard look as far as popularity goes.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

tumblr_laijlo4iLX1qeolcio1_500.gif

tumblr_mbsn5ebwlD1rir8eco1_500.gif

Btmn_0144.jpg

Btmn_0319-1.jpg

joker1.jpg

36.jpg

40.jpg

^ Yep, a combo of two of those looks would be awesome. Unfortunately, we see the case here is repackaging most of the previous release to get more mileage out of it. It works for the DX10/DX13, but not so much here.

Still beats another Iron Man figure though.

Yeah, it's nice to see something different.

Museum/'boo' Joker would be ideal. I still remember seeing the first trailer for Batman as a kid and I think 'boo' was the first look at Jack Joker. I was like :horror

1305151823a9815f959f1a5d30.jpg

I don't know how well the rest of this figure would part out but I'd love to get this sculpt for one of my regular Jokers to have a different expression going.

Think of it this way though--if you didn't get this, you probably wouldn't get any other Nicholson Joker at all. Because I don't think HT was gonna do a new sculpt and go all out for another release considering the apparently weak sales of the first one. My guess is that it would be an MMS except for the fact that they wanted to re-use the existing head. And that means it has to be DX I guess.

HT's strategy now seems to be: 1) make more Iron Men and Nolan Batman stuff until collectors' eyes explode: 2) make stuff that is cheap and easy so there is no real loss if a figure doesn't sell; 3) if something doesn't fit into those categories, stall as long as possible and ultimately try to cancel if it is at all possible.

I expect more and more of what they do moving forward to fall into those categories.

Good points. I guess the next third DX Joker would be this sculpt painted as civilian make up at the beginning of the museum scene, and the DX 08 smiling sculpt as the water splashed, smeared up version with the museum outfit and the purple pinstripe mob meeting outfit. makes perfect sense to divide it into several separate releases than to combine it altogether, they must have learnt from their DX07 mistake. :lol

Wow, totally didn't expect this. Also really surprised at the amount of people that didn't even remember the scene.

As for the figure, as I was reading the first page with the specs I was pretty much assuming it'd come with an alternate head, maybe the melting face, to use with the first release, but no, just three quills. Can't believe they'd release a dx with so little. I've been moaning lately that the dx's seem to be coming with less and less but this is ridiculous. I remember the dx michael jackson came with just about nothing but this is just as bad. And of a secondary look for a character that is already a dx. Like others have said, this should have been a convention exclusive and they should have done a mob meeting version, with the pinstripe suit and flesh make up. And maybe included a melting headsculpt.

That said, I know a lot of people wanted this look and it does look cool, just not for me, especially for the price it'll go for. So congrats to those that are getting it.

Looks great for what it's suppose to represent, but I can't really say I am excited for this at all. For die-hard Nicholson Joker fans, I guess.

That and 89 Batman fans in general.

I remember when people were going crazy for all the custom Nich Joker figures made a few years back. They were going for crazy money for a while. I suspect if this were being made like those back then it would have reached the same prices.

HT overproduced the first 89 Joker. I doubt they'll do that with this one.

Back