Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and 89 Batman fans in general.

I remember when people were going crazy for all the custom Nich Joker figures made a few years back. They were going for crazy money for a while. I suspect if this were being made like those back then it would have reached the same prices.

HT overproduced the first 89 Joker. I doubt they'll do that with this one.

This right here, I am a huge 89 Batman fan and I will take anything from that license.

IMO, this is gonna bomb, lack of accessories, too specific to one scene. I am MORE than satisfied with the other DX. Pass, and more $$$ for...more Iron Man :gah:

This could have easily been a Toy Fairs exclusive instead. Now an even longer wait for Marty :mad:

This right here, I am a huge 89 Batman fan and I will take anything from that license.

Yep, me too. Whatever HT makes from the film I'll buy. Mime Joker is in my top five choices so I'm ecstatic they're making him next. Always loved the look and his diologue in that scene.

This gotta be the worst announcement/DX ever.

Bring on more Mark III DX and/or more Iron Man figures :rock

It's prolly because they have wayy too many DX08 that are dead stock, so they made it into another version to sell their remaining stock. Just like the TTM 17 Bruce Lee body which was supposedly from the M icon Bruce Lees that were stock piling their warehouse.

I dont think a lot of people remembered/are familiar with this outfit. Might look like some drag queen figure to the average folks coming over to the house.

I hope this means that a DX 15 ledger joker nurse version or bank robber version isnt out of the question :D

The previous DX08 Jiker still can be had for lower than retail.

:lol

This will go well next to Chaplin figure :lol

Is it really necessary to include 3 pens?

Good points. I guess the next third DX Joker would be this sculpt painted as civilian make up at the beginning of the museum scene, and the DX 08 smiling sculpt as the water splashed, smeared up version with the museum outfit and the purple pinstripe mob meeting outfit. makes perfect sense to divide it into several separate releases than to combine it altogether, they must have learnt from their DX07 mistake. :lol

I'm starting to suspect that Hideous doesn't like this one...

Just saw this--- Awesome!

And bizarre!

Sure, no one asked for it. But isn't it awesome anyway, regardless of what other version it could have been?

I can see that they went with this one because it's much more different than the first version. The museum version would look a little too similar just by virtue of their purple suits to really make them look like they're distinct.

Mime version WITH Mob version would be justifiable, but JUST one, cummon Hot Toys make it happen.

Someone who belongs to FACEBOOK start spamming HT with requests and complaints. :monkey1

Doesn't it happen with every other release?

Just saw this--- Awesome!

And bizarre!

Sure, no one asked for it. But isn't it awesome anyway, regardless of what other version it could have been?

I can see that they went with this one because it's much more different than the first version. The museum version would look a little too similar just by virtue of their purple suits to really make them look like they're distinct.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Yep. I can't think of anything else to add that would make sense though. Maybe more hand choices? I'd take a couple mime goons to go around him.

Another out fit and another head. That's it. It's not like they could include anymore accessories/weapons.

Baffling that they've passed up two opportunities to get the iconic buzzer hand and some form of flesh headsculpt out there in 1/6 form.

well ladies....ever think we might have just seen sideshow's sdcc 2013 exclusive???!!! if retail stayed exclusive to sideshow only, we may see a run of no more than 3000 for this figure. 1500 is much nicer. PPO???

I like it, the sculpt, outfit, backdrop, they all look great.
I might get this one if it's $199 or less, but seems unlikely with the way HT price going up now.

Mime version WITH Mob version would be justifiable, but JUST one, cummon Hot Toys make it happen.

Someone who belongs to FACEBOOK start spamming HT with requests and complaints. :monkey1

Doesn't it happen with every other release?

They dont pay attention to their FB page. Its just littered with a bunch of Iron Man fan boys now.

well ladies....ever think we might have just seen sideshow's sdcc 2013 exclusive???!!! if retail stayed exclusive to sideshow only, we may see a run of no more than 3000 for this figure. 1500 is much nicer. PPO???

I was thinking that too, collectors would be more eager to bite on this if this was a low number limited run.

Back