Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Batman Returns Penguin figure. The body is a little off and the face looks like Jack Nicholson and the Joker, but, pretty good.

Seriously though, this is the "mob/civilian version" they were talking about? Whooops. :lol

I was hoping we'd get some of these, like a 2 in 1 figure,

tumblr_laijlo4iLX1qeolcio1_500.gif

tumblr_mbsn5ebwlD1rir8eco1_500.gif

Btmn_0144.jpg

Btmn_0319-1.jpg

joker1.jpg

36.jpg

40.jpg

I mean, no flesh make up face? No smeared face? No museum gear? Those things should have been included with the DX 08.

There are so many versions that they could have done that I think would have been more appealing to everyone. I was really hoping we'd get that Mob version with the pinstripes and flesh tone make up. He looks terrifying in that scene, especially with the brim of his hat over his brows with the gleaming eyes.

Whatever though. I agree with almost everyone on here, this shouldn't be a DX release. It's the most pathetic one yet. If it was a regular MMS $190ish figure or a convention/show exclusive, that'd be perfectly acceptable. This though? I don't know. There's some SERIOUS reuse going on. The head, while fantastic, is simply a redone version of the first headsculpt. The clothes are the same tailoring from the first one, albeit a different color. The hands are the same, recolored in white. The base we've seen 10 times over is included as well. As EVILFACE put it, they didn't even learn from their mistake and gave him the cloth/sock undersuit again.

This should have been a 2 pack with 2 looks, 2 heads, etc. But hey, atleast we get THREE of the quills!

All that said, this figure on it's own does look fantastic. I was blown away when I logged in and saw the hi-res shots of this guy. Everything from the face, the paint and the body looks quite good. He looks perfect other than the crappy background (that nobody will use). The hat looks really great too. It's just when you think about how much they'll charge, plus the fact that it's a DX, it sort of makes you question what the hell they're doing.

Still beats another Iron Man figure though.

Easy Pass for me. DX08 Is the Iconic Jack Joker I was looking for and have him so no need to double dip. And this to me looks to be one of the weakest DX releases yet. Im glad I dont want it, cause Im sure we are looking at a $250 + price on this one too.

The suit looks practically the same, just in a different color. And the head sculpt is also almost the same aside from a different mouth gesture. Wow....Lazy.

Is it really necessary to include 3 pens?

They don't want it to look light on accessories :lol

PERS is really the only thing that distinguishes the DX series. So folks really shouldn't expect anything more. They aren't really special, they just have the stupid googly eyes and higher price tags than they deserve in 9/10 cases.

Every DX has come with either multiple costumes/heads or lots of accessories.

To me the PERS, accessories, switch out heads and a unique base is what makes a DX

Of all the Burton Batman characters to release!
What a ****ing waste.

Would Bob the Goon been a better choice?

Think of it this way though--if you didn't get this, you probably wouldn't get any other Nicholson Joker at all. Because I don't think HT was gonna do a new sculpt and go all out for another release considering the apparently weak sales of the first one. My guess is that it would be an MMS except for the fact that they wanted to re-use the existing head. And that means it has to be DX I guess.

HT's strategy now seems to be: 1) make more Iron Men and Nolan Batman stuff until collectors' eyes explode: 2) make stuff that is cheap and easy so there is no real loss if a figure doesn't sell; 3) if something doesn't fit into those categories, stall as long as possible and ultimately try to cancel if it is at all possible.

I expect more and more of what they do moving forward to fall into those categories.

Nice Batman Returns Penguin figure. The body is a little off and the face looks like Jack Nicholson and the Joker, but, pretty good.

Seriously though, this is the "mob/civilian version" they were talking about? Whooops. :lol

I was hoping we'd get some of these, like a 2 in 1 figure,

I mean, no flesh make up face? No smeared face? No museum gear? Those things should have been included with the DX 08.

There are so many versions that they could have done that I think would have been more appealing to everyone. I was really hoping we'd get that Mob version with the pinstripes and flesh tone make up. He looks terrifying in that scene, especially with the brim of his hat over his brows with the gleaming eyes.

Whatever though. I agree with almost everyone on here, this shouldn't be a DX release. It's the most pathetic one yet. If it was a regular MMS $190ish figure or a convention/show exclusive, that'd be perfectly acceptable. This though? I don't know. There's some SERIOUS reuse going on. The head, while fantastic, is simply a redone version of the first headsculpt. The clothes are the same tailoring from the first one, albeit a different color. The hands are the same, recolored in white. The base we've seen 10 times over is included as well. As EVILFACE put it, they didn't even learn from their mistake and gave him the cloth/sock undersuit again.

This should have been a 2 pack with 2 looks, 2 heads, etc. But hey, atleast we get THREE of the quills!

All that said, this figure on it's own does look fantastic. I was blown away when I logged in and saw the hi-res shots of this guy. Everything from the face, the paint and the body looks quite good. He looks perfect other than the crappy background (that nobody will use). The hat looks really great too. It's just when you think about how much they'll charge, plus the fact that it's a DX, it sort of makes you question what the hell they're doing.

Still beats another Iron Man figure though.

:exactly::goodpost: The only reason this IS a DX is because they were too damn lazy to make a new Non-PERS scupt. LAZY.

HT sculptors must be too busy sculpting all that Iron Man bull****. :lol :p

Every DX has come with either multiple costumes/heads or lots of accessories.
Not really true. DX-12 and DX-09 had different face plates, but that's hardly a new head, and no additional outfit. DX-08 had an extra coat and DX-03 had an extra shirt, but that's hardly a new outfit. Some of these have multiple heads but only one outfit (Sparrow, DX-11). Some have more accessories than others, but lots of regular MMS figures have lots of accessories as well. None of this is any different than what you might expect from a typical MMS release. The ONLY distinguishing feature for all DX's is that they have googly eyes. Anything else may or may not occur. They don't even have uniform stands, which was a staple of the first handful of these. And considering that Hulk supposedly has moving eyes I'm not sure there is really anything making DX figures special at this point.

Not really true. DX-12 and DX-09 had different face plates, but that's hardly a new head, and no additional outfit. DX-08 had an extra coat and DX-03 had an extra shirt, but that's hardly a new outfit. Some of these have multiple heads but only one outfit (Sparrow, DX-11). None of this is any different than what you might expect from a typical MMS release. The ONLY distinguishing feature for all DX's is that they have googly eyes. Anything else may or may not occur. And considering that Hulk supposedly has moving eyes I'm not sure there is really anything making DX figures special at this point.

The big *** boxes that take up a ton of room. That's also "DX"....

Well maybe that's it :lol They need huge boxes for the massive cardboard dioramas, and that warrants the 20% increase in price over other, comparable figures I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gear and the headsculpt was originally intended to go with the first version when they were in development.

Also I foresee this to kill any hopes for any future 89 Jokers too, this one will sell poorly due to the lack of interest (WHO THE **** ASKED FOR THIS?) and then HT will say theres no interest in the character due to poor sales and then they will scrap any (if any) plans for future releases. Awesome.

Back