Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"NEVER SEEN BEFORE VARIANT" :rotfl

I was thinking about miking up some Rit die and then just brushing it on. What have you considered?

Well, I haven't seriously considered anything. I was just running things through my head that might work. None of which would be a good idea. Marker, shoepolish etc. :lol I've never dyed anything before but I've heard of people here using it a lot for various things. Let me know how it comes out.

Another pose.Same bad quality pictures,sorry...
IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2991_resize.jpg

IMG_2996_resize.jpg

IMG_2997_resize.jpg

IMG_3000_resize.jpg

How did you pose your cape like that? :D Nice Display man!

Hi,
Thanks!
I`m planning to find some time and make some proper pictures.And more poses.It`s quite fun now with the animatable cape.Only it takes some nerves. :)
Anyhow,this is what i did:
1.You get an aluminum wire. 1 - 1,5 mm. Thin one,but not too thin,otherwise it won`t hold the cape.
https://img.gets.cn/110504/42/1304496963582520_42.jpg

2.Measure and cut 9 pieces that fit exactly the lenght of the cape`s "spikes". They are all different lenght,so be careful.

3.Wrap the ends of the wire with some kind of tape (Preferable stronger than paper one.) to protect the cape from being penetrated from the edge of the wire.
https://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/50266.jpg

4.Insert one piece of the wire into the cape from the hole that is for the spikes and place it carefully in one of the "spiky" places of the cape.It should fit perfectly from top to bottom.If not-cut small piece of it, `till it fits.

5.Sew the wire to the BOTTOM piece of the cape in 3 places.Close to the top,in the middle,and close to the bottom (but not too close,otherwise you might see it when posed).

6.Do the same with all the wires.

7.Now try to make the wire as straight as possible and fitting the sewing of the cape.

6.Put the cape on and put the head,carefully trying to have the wires pressed by the head.There is enough space.That`s why the wire should not be too thick.

7.Now you can pose the cape at any position you want. :)
And best of all,if you want to get rid of the wire,just cut the thread and remove the wire.No sign of intrusion will be visible.

I hope this will do,if somebody is interested in having his cape poseable.

but isn't Sparrow still available and he is just as brilliant a figure??
Yep 89 Bats is just plain iconic....

but isn't Sparrow still available and he is just as brilliant a figure??
Yep 89 Bats is just plain iconic....

I'm pretty sure you are right...what's gets me is I went to PO Nick Fury and had to wait list him...I figure HT were making so more of these that NF and Hawkeye would be around a while like Sparrow and 89 Bats and Joker :dunno what happened.

Well, I haven't seriously considered anything. I was just running things through my head that might work. None of which would be a good idea. Marker, shoepolish etc. :lol I've never dyed anything before but I've heard of people here using it a lot for various things. Let me know how it comes out.

Hmm... marker's not a bad idea...

Now that I remember, Elvis seems to think dye wont work:

Could the inside be dyed/painted black somehow?

Well the dye won't work since it's a synthetic type of material.
Not sure about the paint, might make the cape too thick. Not sure.

THe inner material is a kind of velvet fabric so it will require a lot fo paint to even darkened it a bit.

Still tempted to try it though.

I'm pretty sure you are right...what's gets me is I went to PO Nick Fury and had to wait list him...I figure HT were making so more of these that NF and Hawkeye would be around a while like Sparrow and 89 Bats and Joker :dunno what happened.

HT cut production(?) because these $200 plus figures aren't selling like they thought..hence the "shelf warmers" like these are created. Superman is STILL available from many retailers as is Jack and 89 Bats and Joker!
Demand for Avengers figures must have been greater than HT anticipated????

You can still find the DX Jack Sparrow around.

$219.99 right here: LINK

I've noticed ever since HT (specifically) upped their prices the days of every figure being sold out and hard to find is rare.

You can still find the DX Jack Sparrow around.

$219.99 right here: LINK

I've noticed ever since HT (specifically) upped their prices the days of every figure being sold out and hard to find is rare.

Wow...I'm not surprised I was pretty sure he was still available...kills me too cause for a figure that came out in, I believe, November hes still available, but Nick Fury and Hawkeye are now waitlists...just my luck :slap

Took the plunge and bought both Keaton Bats and Nicholson Joker at Comic-Con here in San Diego. I won't fully-open them and take pictures until this next week when I'm home. I took a quick look and Keaton does have the edge to his faceplate on the left side, but I could care less.
Surprisingly fair pricing on both of them, especially for a private vendor; Joker was only $245 still in the brown shipper! I'm just glad I finally got ahold of these since I've been wanting them for so long. The second I found out the oil issue was nothing, I was on the hunt.

I would think you should be able to lightly sand the back of the face plate to make it sit further back into the cowl to lessen the effect.

Back