Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may skip the Returns suit just because I have the 89 but I would def pick up the Forever suit... I will also pass on George though... lol

Ah, not really. I kind of grew up on Adam West as Batman, and was hyped somethung silly back in 88 / 89 waiting for the Burton / Keaton Batman movie. I just had never noticed the difference between Batman and Returns. I never watched the movies close to each other, and never owned anything from Returns except the poster. So I never did see the suits side by side.
I did recognise that the June 2013 Batmobile is from the Returns movie, and hopefuly part of the Returns wave.

I'm just going to do a side by side of Keaton and West, as I have always thought they were the same as well.... !

Are you sure..?

batman-1989-05-g-1.jpg

WaetBat.jpg

Which is which ? I can't tell the difference !!! :dunno

:rotfl.

:rotfl And like a star, he takes it on the chin! I, too, grew up on West's BATMAN and for years a thought that his was the one and only way I would ever want to see him. And then I grew up and my tastes evolved, and the KEATON Bat came on the scene.

I had never been more excited to see a movie in my whole life! Even more so than with Superman in the late 70s.

The BAT rocks!

I have always enjoyed the movie, and like the look. This DX figure captures the Keaton look perfectly.
I still like the West show. I watched 6 ep's back to back this morning while I was working on other stuff on the computer !!

I have never seen a character look as goofy and laughable as West's Batman. Well, maybe Ronald McDonald, but at least he's got the excuse of being a clown. As far as I'm concerned, Keaton's Bats is the first true onscreen iteration.

Tried doing the pose where he had his cape draping down like so many other awesome pics here. But I just cant get it to sit straight. So it was just easier to make it balloon out behind him. Just think that it was windy that day :)

Tried doing the pose where he had his cape draping down like so many other awesome pics here. But I just cant get it to sit straight. So it was just easier to make it balloon out behind him. Just think that it was windy that day :)

I like your windy day look :goodpost:

I like the cape and agree that it requires patience. It behaves like an articulated cape, but no joints to control. When worked you can get almost any action. I am continually trying new positions for it. Makes up for the lack of posability of the figure due to the restrictions of the rubber suit.

Back