Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matrix has balls of steel. His modifications not only make his figures look hyper-real, but they add functionality too. Somebody rep this man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those interested...

To remove the suit i cut alone the sculpted indent lines with an exacto knife. Be careful as you go as there's a black fabric suit underneath.

To seal the suit up again i glued a piece of leather underneath the cut sections using FABRI-TAC permanent adhesive.

View attachment 510909

Great ideal & work. I am thinking to do the same mod on the Forever Sonar Batman and Robin figures already.

Still one of the best likenesses in my collection. I wonder if the Flash movie news increases the chances of him getting a 2.0 or reissue.

DSC_0423.jpgDSC_0432.jpg

Still one of the best likenesses in my collection. I wonder if the Flash movie news increases the chances of him getting a 2.0 or reissue.

Guaranteed IMO. HT already has the formula for him and Keaton has to have a unique role in this. Will be just like Spidey3 with Maguire and Garfield's Spiderman, easy reissue with hype train back again.

If I get a Batmobile reissue out of this, that'll be enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yep, I thought there might be more to come and was hoping Penguin and Catwoman were imminent. I was lied to, tricked, fooled, humiliated, and bullied. Now I am sad.

Anyway, not much sense to have two Keatons on the shelf and no one else (except Joker).

But if the villains rumors are true from 3rd parties then I would be into multiple Bats.

Speaking of the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman--could part of the reason Hot Toys never made one be that it would be really, really difficult to design her suit? It has to be absolutely skin tight, with a glossy black surface, while also allowing for enough flexibility to pull off some poses. The suit is so skin tight it literally looks painted on--and in fact they actually did paint a silicon finish on top of the suit itself. How would Hot Toys have gone about making that work, exactly?

Speaking of the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman--could part of the reason Hot Toys never made one be that it would be really, really difficult to design her suit? It has to be absolutely skin tight, with a glossy black surface, while also allowing for enough flexibility to pull off some poses. The suit is so skin tight it literally looks painted on--and in fact they actually did paint a silicon finish on top of the suit itself. How would Hot Toys have gone about making that work, exactly?

I don't think that would have stopped them. They would have made it anyway and the dolly players would have been bashing them for making a figure they can't put in unflattering extreme poses. There must be another reason.

I don't think that would have stopped them. They would have made it anyway and the dolly players would have been bashing them for making a figure they can't put in unflattering extreme poses. There must be another reason.
Agreed. The Captain Marvel suit comes to mind: similar very tight material and the limitations on articulation didn't prevent Hot Toys from shipping it.

It would be great if Hot Toys revisited the Burton Batman films now that Keaton is officially confirmed for The Flash. I have my version from Batman Returns, but I probably would consider the 89 version as well. Plus any other characters that may come out. Regardless I’m sure we’ll get a new version from The Flash movie once that’s out.

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

For those interested...

To remove the suit i cut alone the sculpted indent lines with an exacto knife. Be careful as you go as there's a black fabric suit underneath.

To seal the suit up again i glued a piece of leather underneath the cut sections using FABRI-TAC permanent adhesive.

View attachment 510909
Hm. I'm might give it a go. I'm one of the ones that put together a Medix back in the day so this doesn't look too bad.

Also, is there a specific listing for the ebay narrow shoulder body? Because the last time I bought one it definitely didn't have the ratchet joints and the the body was kinda loose.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If they reissue the Tumbler they surely have to do the same for the 89 Batmobile? It's still the ultimate version of the Batmobile all these years later.

89 Keaton reissue would be an easy money maker to. The same figure with just a slightly taller body, ratcheted joints and 2021 paint apps on the mouth plates would be enough for me.

This is still one of my favorite figures and if Hot Toys reissues him with ratcheting arms I will pick him up again. The Returns figure holds up better for me because of that fact. All of the Burton figures are awesome as is the Batmobile. I hope they reissue all of them for people who never picked them up but the car is a space hog though beautiful.

If I get a Batmobile reissue out of this, that'll be enough for me.

Amen to that! Count me in as well!

Guys. Just buy mine. I've been wanting to unload it for years.

You just have to pay for shipping from Japan, and EMS has been unavailable for over a year now. No biggie though, right?

Guys. Just buy mine. I've been wanting to unload it for years.

You just have to pay for shipping from Japan, and EMS has been unavailable for over a year now. No biggie though, right?
Heh, that's about the size of it. Of course, even before shipping the aftermarket prices are still pretty spicy.

Back