Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Wow, THE Batman - or is it just "Batman"? It's your choice, of course!"

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auel.z

04.jpg

I've been meaning to ask those who have this figure... How's the rubber suit holding up? I passed when it came out because of the all the previous problems Hot Toys had with these things.
Sadly, mine has a slightly sticky feeling to it although it’s likely caused by improper storage on my part.

The figure was kept in the box inside a wardrobe, I now know wardrobes need to be regularly aired out. We also had construction work on the front of the house for almost a month, which meant the window couldn’t be opened. In hindsight, if I had moved the figure to another part of the house or bought a dehumidifier then this could have been avoided.

This was my first Hot Toys figure as well, and has been a hard learned lesson.

Noticed today the cape on mine has rotted with white spots all over it. The figure itself still looks good, from the quick glance I had at it before work. Very upsetting. This is my favorite figure, the one that got me into 1/6 collecting and I paid an absolute fortune for it. .

That being said I've always hated how this cape hung. Anyone know where I get get a replacement, preferably one that isn't wired?

Noticed today the cape on mine has rotted with white spots all over it. The figure itself still looks good, from the quick glance I had at it before work. Very upsetting. This is my favorite figure, the one that got me into 1/6 collecting and I paid an absolute fortune for it. .

That being said I've always hated how this cape hung. Anyone know where I get get a replacement, preferably one that isn't wired?
Still dream of the day I can display Penguin next to my RETURNS Batman! I have decided that with every HOT TOYS instagram post I will comment "WHERE IS THE BATMAN RETURNS PENGUIN YOU ANNOUNCED BACK IN FEB 18, 2012? I WANT THAT NOT THIS". Go ahead have a look. I urge you all to do the same. Enough of this Marvel / Star Wars milking 1/6 figures. Give us something we actually want.

That won’t help. People do that on every ht post. They don’t look at those sadly

A few years ago I bought a second DX09 that became my BD cathedral.
I bought it loose with accessories but without box and display stand.
A few weeks ago I found on eBay a stand and empty box.
Very glad.

BUT when I put the figure in its new box I realized that the figure wasn’t complete.
the relax right hand and the arm extension were missing...

Too bad.
Don’t know if I could find that.
:unsure:

Guys, I’ve just received a second hand DX09 body from an eBay seller. I’m not sure if I should be concerned. The suit doesn’t feel sticky or wet but there is a very, very mild damp feeling on my fingers after handling. It’s almost like a very light oil on my fingertips that washes off easily with normal hand washing. There is a very faint chemical whiff. Visually, it looks fine.

Has anyone encountered this with their own DX09? It’s been a long time and I can’t recall how the suit is supposed to feel. Maybe I’m being pedantic and notice these things in my old age? 😆

This a replacement for my old suit which had deteriorated and become sticky.

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of your old suit? I’m curious if anyone has attempted to make repair or spare suits at this point, Mine feels just exactly how you describe your replacement body though And I’m scared

Do you have pictures of your old suit? I’m curious if anyone has attempted to make repair or spare suits at this point, Mine feels just exactly how you describe your replacement body though And I’m scared
The old suit is sitting in a box at the moment. Pictures won’t show anything wrong with it, you’d have to feel it for yourself to know the at it’s sticky ☹️ the smell is distinct, a chemical smell with some sourness.

I’m going to wipe it down with a microfibre cloth and keep an eye on it. Supposedly, HT applied some form of lubricant to make the suit fit on properly, it might be it’s leaking through. I wonder if this is a case of simply wiping the suit every so often and enjoy it while it lasts?

Pre-Covid, I made trips to Hong Kong every few years and it a nice opportunity to buy some hard to find toys and scour the shops for lesser known stuff. I like to think a third party suit exists somewhere.

Guys, I’ve just received a second hand DX09 body from an eBay seller. I’m not sure if I should be concerned. The suit doesn’t feel sticky or wet but there is a very, very mild damp feeling on my fingers after handling. It’s almost like a very light oil on my fingertips that washes off easily with normal hand washing. There is a very faint chemical whiff. Visually, it looks fine.

Has anyone encountered this with their own DX09? It’s been a long time and I can’t recall how the suit is supposed to feel. Maybe I’m being pedantic and notice these things in my old age? 😆

This a replacement for my old suit which had deteriorated and become sticky.
I just checked my Batman figure which I purchased on initial release. The suit and cape both look fine however there was a slight tackiness/oily feeling to the body suit. I wiped it with damp cloth and it seems ok. I remember when the figure first came out people complaining about how there was a “wet” residue around the belt area. Hard to believe the figure is almost ten years old.

Dumb question: how many capes did this figure come with? I was checking out the accessories and noticed my figure came with 3 capes. 1 looks brand new. The other looks like a well done custome cape. Can anyone help identify the custom cape? I want to think it is Jaxon?
Screenshot_20220118-154328_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Dumb question: how many capes did this figure come with? I was checking out the accessories and noticed my figure came with 3 capes. 1 looks brand new. The other looks like a well done custome cape. Can anyone help identify the custom cape? I want to think it is Jaxon?View attachment 556779

Just one as far as I remember.

Dumb question: how many capes did this figure come with? I was checking out the accessories and noticed my figure came with 3 capes. 1 looks brand new. The other looks like a well done custome cape. Can anyone help identify the custom cape? I want to think it is Jaxon?View attachment 556779
I think the one at the top is a Tony Mei cape. The others could both be the Hot Toys. Maybe one is wired and the other one had the wire removed?

Since hot toys is reissuing figures now, this should be near the top of the list, it wouldnt get updated in height but at least we could get ratchet joints.

Back