Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn man, amazing!! i pulled mine out of storage just to let them breathe, that smell always gets me!! i love it!! but If they did a 2.0 all i want is for them to use the returns ratchet arm mechanism and the pers and way of doing the mouthpiece without using magnets. all my dx pieces have issues with hot toys glue lolol!!

i need a jaxon cape but neither tony jaxon or anyone is replying my emails... i bought two batman returns figures and i?ll just use the cape from that one on the dx9 i guess hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[...]

i need a jaxon cape but neither tony jaxon or anyone is replying my emails... i bought two batman returns figures and i?ll just use the cape from that one on the dx9 i guess hehe

The Returns cape is better than the DX09, if I recall. Jaxon is usually pretty quick to answer emails -- is he in HK? I can't remember -- they're going through some stuff over there so maybe that explains the delay. Hope he's doing okay. You could check his Instagram account maybe? I think he posted a couple of days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/jjjjjjaxon/

Just ordered a Jaxon custom cape for this guy. Want to preserve the stock cape( for wind span pose) plus it?s time to get the drape look down. Can?t wait.

Re-arranging my office; bit of a mess. Got distracted and started futzing my favourite companion piece:

a4e150dd1356c19c6466f353f51f73c1.jpg

Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Re-arranging my office; bit of a mess. Got distracted and started futzing my favourite companion piece:

a4e150dd1356c19c6466f353f51f73c1.jpg

That?s a fantastic companion piece! I always have my eye out for an improvement over the Returns Catwoman I have. Which version is this?

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

That?s a fantastic companion piece! I always have my eye out for an improvement over the Returns Catwoman I have. Which version is this?

Thanks! It's a great piece: Sean Dabbs sculpt, painter unknown, Supermad Toys battle-damaged Cat costume, TB League body, ankle sockets modded with epoxy, resin Supermad hands drilled to accomodate TB League pegs. I probably posted this snap before:

IMG_6598.jpeg

EDIT: I also don't know how I wound up in this thread, meant to post this in the Returns thread. They're right beside each other in my Subscriptions folder. :slap

Thanks! It's a great piece: Sean Dabbs sculpt, painter unknown, Supermad Toys battle-damaged Cat costume, TB League body, ankle sockets modded with epoxy, resin Supermad hands drilled to accomodate TB League pegs. I probably posted this snap before:

View attachment 489815

EDIT: I also don't know how I wound up in this thread, meant to post this in the Returns thread. They're right beside each other in my Subscriptions folder. :slap

Is that sculpt still available anywhere?

I have the Superman battle damaged Catwoman but never been happy with the sculpt looking nothing like Pfeiffer.

Is that sculpt still available anywhere?

I have the Superman battle damaged Catwoman but never been happy with the sculpt looking nothing like Pfeiffer.

You could try contacting Sean Dabbs directly on Facebook, but myself and a couple of other people find he tends not to answer messages. :lol

I lucked out and found this one on eBay a while back. I waited it out until the price dropped, but I still paid through the nose. My nostrils still hurt. Worth it though.

That catwoman is a dream come true.

However I think the HT Returns Batman is not at the same level as the 1989 Hot Toys Batman, and I think the cat would benefit if you could pose her with a Penguin.

:monkey3

You could try contacting Sean Dabbs directly on Facebook, but myself and a couple of other people find he tends not to answer messages. :lol

I lucked out and found this one on eBay a while back. I waited it out until the price dropped, but I still paid through the nose. My nostrils still hurt. Worth it though.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on eBay. Just wish Hot Toys would make this figure!

That catwoman is a dream come true.

However I think the HT Returns Batman is not at the same level as the 1989 Hot Toys Batman, and I think the cat would benefit if you could pose her with a Penguin.

:monkey3

That she is. I had both and prefer Returns, but they're both amazing. I'd still put DX09 up there as one of the best 1/6th figures ever made. While I don't love Burton's iteration of The Penguin, I'd buy a HT Returns Penguin in full Mayor's outfit immediately.

Me too! Especially Returns. For me the cowl is one of the best looking and the suit itself from that era too.

The Returns cowl is absolutely beautiful. Though, I would say the cowl, like rest of the Returns suit, has such idealized, precise shapes that it loses a bit of the personality that the 89 suit enjoys. Ultimately. If I had to pick one, I'd pick the 89 suit, but I'm glad we got both.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's been a while that i didn't went on ebay to see the prices...:thud:

I paid mine respectively 168 and 182 euros back in 2012...
The most crazy is the number sold at these prices!

In the same way, i saw a seller who sold 17 1989 batmobiles at 1800 euros each...
Insane!

Back