Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

The Toy Fair exclusives are usually niche figures, a repaint or something similar. I think the Armorer is more popular than that. If I have to pick a SW exclusive, it's probably the Motar Trooper.

Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

In the Deathstar Trooper thread it was mentioned that it would be good to see Cad Bane show up in the Book Of Boba Fett series leading to a HT release. Personally I'd love that but I'm not sure on the lifespan of the Duros race - he was no spring chicken in Clone Wars. As much as I love Cad, if it was a choice, I'd rather get Hondo Tanaka (and obviously a figure). He features in Galaxy's edge (pretty much exactly the same as he was in Clone Wars and Rebels) which is ST era so no age issue there. Maybe Hondo and Cad can team up to run a job. Either way both are perfect for The Book of Boba Fett.

In the Deathstar Trooper thread it was mentioned that it would be good to see Cad Bane show up in the Book Of Boba Fett series leading to a HT release. Personally I'd love that but I'm not sure on the lifespan of the Duros race - he was no spring chicken in Clone Wars. As much as I love Cad, if it was a choice, I'd rather get Hondo Tanaka (and obviously a figure). He features in Galaxy's edge (pretty much exactly the same as he was in Clone Wars and Rebels) which is ST era so no age issue there. Maybe Hondo and Cad can team up to run a job. Either way both are perfect for The Book of Boba Fett.

You're on to something there with Bane. Life expectancy for a Duros is 70 years. Cad Bane was born in 62 BBY, making him over 70 by the time of Book of Boba. They'd either need to include him in flashbacks with a younger Fett, or retcon the Duros life expectancy. Either way it sounds like he's going to be in the show.

I'm not sure if it's canon, as it wasn't on screen, but there's a deleted scene from The Clone Wars where Fett and Cad Bane have an old fashioned western style duel. They both draw really fast, both hit their mark, and they both go down. Cad Bane stays down because he's wearing a hat, and Boba's helmet has a big ding in it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwTkhVQj-g&t

I'm not sure if it's canon, as it wasn't on screen, but there's a deleted scene from The Clone Wars where Fett and Cad Bane have an old fashioned western style duel. They both draw really fast, both hit their mark, and they both go down. Cad Bane stays down because he's wearing a hat, and Boba's helmet has a big ding in it...

Interesting. I mean Filoni will be all over wanting a scene like that made Canon in live action considering it didn't get it in animation. The explanation of the ding on Fett's helmet is just too juicy.

I must say The Book of Mando title does sort of lend itself to potentially being a prequel type setup.

Interesting. I mean Filoni will be all over wanting a scene like that made Canon in live action considering it didn't get it in animation. The explanation of the ding on Fett's helmet is just too juicy.

I thought so.
I always thought that Cad Bane was too evil to be left alive(Lol). Some baddies have redeeming character traits. But the stuff he did was just awful.

There was a reference to Cad Bane in Rebels, but he wasn't seen. Not sure how a flash back to this scene in Book of Boba Fett could be relevant but it would be a great way to canonise it.

Of all the existing characters, Cad and Hondo make the most sense to be included. Boba's stoicism paired with Hondo's exuberance would be such a delicious combination.

She would be my early guess for one of the Toy Fair exclusive spots this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy toy fair exclusive? Bespin escape leia. All the parts are there, just add boots. Slim chance but...

Or Cad’s son could be seeking revenge on Boba for killing his father. Dun-dun-dun, I see a theme here.

I think Hoody should have incorporated "Clone Wars" into the thread's title.

Easy toy fair exclusive? Bespin escape leia. All the parts are there, just add boots. Slim chance but...

I passed on Hoth Leia (foolishly) and passed on Bespin Leia (didn't win me over) but a Bespin Escape Leia would be an instant pre-order.

If CW Obi-Wan hasn't been released by July then I'd say he's an absolute banker for the Toy Fair exclusive this year. Either him or Tank Trooper Disguise Din Djarin.

*snip*

Anyway, the Rangers show was at the bottom of my list of upcoming shows anyway. I'm sure Faverau will find something better.

*snip*

Was Rangers of the New Republic ever confirmed as being a Cara Dune show or was that just fan speculation. I don't remember seeing anything official...

Back to figures, with the teased Mandalorian Boba Fett, I think HT might release the clean repaint Boba under BoBF show. If they intend to release a Fett for BoBF, we might see 2 Bobas on PO at the same time.

3 if they do the unarmored Mando Fett with head sculpt.

And now any more time and money I spend with this show has a shadow on it, because the show itself essentially has been fundamentally changed - thanks a lot, Disney and Twitter!:pfft:

I always thought the show was crap. I refer to it as The Panderlorian, originally because it just pandered to the fan wank but now.....

EDIT: Gotta remember my own rules. Staying out of it.

Political discussions are not allowed on the board per the board's CoC and Community Guidelines.

Stick to talking about toys or next time I hand out infractions, and or bans, like they're candy.

Thread cleaned.

I always thought the show was crap. I refer to it as The Panderlorian, originally because it just pandered to the fan wank but now.....

And IMO u are entitled...ironically I only had a mild interest in the show, became fanatical within minutes, and was really hoping it DIDN'T slide into "fan wank" but it did....sooooooo - after IG, not sure if I will put a period on the shelf, or not.

But, I really feel like I need one Mando with a sculpt - just the one. Suppose I wouldn't be able to resist the Armorer tho. At least HT could fully justify not having a sculpt, at least so far.

Back